OK, this is not being reactionary...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks, the Yid Army is neither Jewish nor Anti-Semetic. It's the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur.
I'm not talking bollocks. Yid Army is not the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur, some people want it to be that, others including me don't.

As I say sing Yid Army all you want, it don't bother me, but I'm not a Yid and that's the end of it. There was a time I sang it, because it was fun etc. But it's all got too serious now, so count me out.

@ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever drop the Yid stuff? Are you Baddiel in disguise? How the fuck do we come anywhere near to offending anyone compared to the shit @ 1882 1882 is talking about tonight. Yid is not a derogatory term towards Jews nowadays. It's a Spurs fan. Just because a few people might be offended, doesn't mean they are right.

The Police are a fucking joke. Was queueing at the ticket office after my card didn't work getting in. Shout of "Move on!" from the wankers on horseback, followed by a little mini-charge just to remind us. Once that chaos was over, start the warnings for daring to be Yids. Whilst the West Ham literally go along behind them: "He's coming for you..."

It's the kind of stuff I've been seeing in their "policing" of protests for years, but now they seem to use the same tactics on football supporters. I've already been told that if I don't want a plod to hit me so hard over the head with a baton I require emergency brain surgery (as happened to a comrade of mine), I should give up my politics and stop protesting. It's a matter of time before I'm told I should do the same regarding football - because just like all student protesters are rioters, all football fans are hooligans! Don't believe me? Look up at what's been going on with Celtic in Scotland since their government passed the anti-football act.

I'm not sure if you're aware that @ 1882 1882 is Jewish, but certainly it would be affecting his enjoyment of the game if he goes to watch a football match and is subject to abuse relating to things that have probably affected people in his family. I'm sure he can speak for/defend himself but just a point of information in case you weren't aware.

Completely agree with the original post though, it does feel at times as if we're fucking slaughtered from all sides about 'yid' when other teams (in particular WHU and the chavs) are hateful towards us with unbelievable chants and abuse. Utter cunts and it also fucking pisses me off (though fortunately I haven't been to the Lane this year and experienced the stewarding yet) - when I go on Boxing Day they're gonna get a fucking earful if they dare to pull me up for chanting yid army.
Jewish or not, it doesn't change my viewpoint on the matter. My opinion won't change if someone is black, blue, purple, green, Hindi, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Jewish or what ever. Letting something get to you and preventing you from enjoying what you love is unjust.

To retaliate over it is worse.

I'm not talking bollocks. Yid Army is not the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur, some people want it to be that, others including me don't.

As I say sing Yid Army all you want, it don't bother me, but I'm not a Yid and that's the end of it. There was a time I sang it, because it was fun etc. But it's all got too serious now, so count me out.
When the going get's tough...

I'm not sure if you're aware that @ 1882 1882 is Jewish, but certainly it would be affecting his enjoyment of the game if he goes to watch a football match and is subject to abuse relating to things that have probably affected people in his family. I'm sure he can speak for/defend himself but just a point of information in case you weren't aware.
Bless ya... but I'm a Jewish Atheist... so not sure how 'offended' i'm allowed to be...
but as a human being... gassing and hissing is offensive... no matter what your religious/non-religious derivation!

Fuck. How about this.

------------------Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
-------Dembele-Holtby-Paulinho
------Lamela-Eriksen-Sigurdsson

Fuck.... We'll get hammered playing 4-4-2 in the PL, 4-4-2 is dead and
Adebayor and Defoe are not Aguero and Negredo. We will fail hard in a 4-4-2.
:paulinhofacepalm::llorisserious::gomes::eriksenlip::defoe::chadliblow::carrollwtf::avbmad::adeohshit:

Jewish or not, it doesn't change my viewpoint on the matter. My opinion won't change if someone is black, blue, purple, green, Hindi, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Jewish or what ever. Letting something get to you and preventing you from enjoying what you love is unjust.

To retaliate over it is worse.
I'm gonna disagree with you to be honest, not going to plod on for hours but I just think this is the kind of attitude which is holding us back from eradicating this. It feels like you're implying people should just 'man up' to abuse, rather than stopping the abuse.

If the police cracked down on the cunts at WH et al and got rid of the cunts that want to spout racist/homophobic/any other discriminatory shit then people wouldn't have anything to retaliate to.

Fuck. How about this.

------------------Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
-------Dembele-Holtby-Paulinho
------Lamela-Eriksen-Sigurdsson

Fuck.... We'll get hammered playing 4-4-2 in the PL, 4-4-2 is dead and
Adebayor and Defoe are not Aguero and Negredo. We will fail hard in a 4-4-2.
:paulinhofacepalm::llorisserious::gomes::eriksenlip::defoe::chadliblow::carrollwtf::avbmad::adeohshit:
This however, is very reactionary. :avbshock:

I'm gonna disagree with you to be honest, not going to plod on for hours but I just think this is the kind of attitude which is holding us back from eradicating this. It feels like you're implying people should just 'man up' to abuse, rather than stopping the abuse.

If the police cracked down on the cunts at WH et al and got rid of the cunts that want to spout racist/homophobic/any other discriminatory shit then people wouldn't have anything to retaliate to.
Exactly what it should be, without the reactions before it needs to get out of hand. The media are spinning it well enough for us not to need to help it along.

Aw, sorry folks... shouldn't have started this thread... I was feeling annoyed and bitter... but almost certainly it was mainly 'cos of the defeat.
HAD we won tonight, this thread probably wouldn't exist... and THAT'S the crux of it...
I just felt that the winners of the game gave the impression that they are undeserving racists... and THAT'S what hurts!
nothing more...
I'm still Spurs, and always will be...

...but fucking hell the Police can go and do one if THAT'S their attitude to blatant racism! (I think that was the point of this post originally!)

do viva lazio chants really bother people? We'd be singing the same if one of their fans got stabbed. it's football

Only because of the 'celebratory anti-semitic' implications...
....and no, I don't think we'd be celebrating a neo-nazi stabbing if it happened to any other club... (which it probably wouldn't, 'cos apparently, we're the only Jews worth stabbing these days!)

Only because of the 'celebratory anti-semitic' implications...
....and no, I don't think we'd be celebrating a neo-nazi stabbing if it happened to any other club... (which it probably wouldn't, 'cos apparently, we're the only Jews worth stabbing these days!)
hmm fair enough, I don't think they're celebrating a neo-nazi attack on us though. I just think they're taking the piss out of a rival fan getting stabbed. I dunno though only they know why they do it.

But I'm disgusted with what football has become...

tonight, we were subjected to "Viva Lazio" chants from the winners of the game... simply because those wonderful Lazio fans chose to stab us and Zeig Heil because we are ALL DIRTY JEWS WHO CLEARLY DESERVED TO BE GASSED!
Good for West Ham's bunch of WINNERS... for pointing this out, alongside various Zeig Heil salutes (which I saw with my own eyes) ... 'cos THAT'S what wins football matches these days... racist fucking Zeig Heiling Nazis... but fear not, 'cos I'm sure plenty of Spurs fans were pulled up for singing 'Yid Army'

...well fuck YOU Met. Police! YID FUCKING ARMY... I'M A JEWISH YID AND PROUD OF IT... what choo gonna do??? Gas me??? go on you cunts, I fucking dare you!

This cuntry has gone to the dogs... and tonight proved it beyond doubt!

I'm no quitter... I've been going since 1981, and seen way worse Tottenham teams than this.... but after tonight's afters... i'm seriously considering taking a hiatus... Fuck it... i'm all but out!

...except I bought a ticket for Everton at home... but after that... I'M DEFINITELY OUT!! (unless we win that one, and are back in with a shout....) it's the OTHER teams I fucking hate! Why are clubs like Weat Ham & Chelsea allowed to win? shouldn't their neo-Nazi scum fans be banned??? and their clubs demoted??
Nah, thought not!

can you tell I'm still livid????

How about for our away game at the fucking twatting Spammers we refuse to enter their fucked up neo Nazi camp and either completely boycott it or sing and protest outside?

It's fucking disgusting and I really do feel for you @ 1882 1882 . I'll try and think of something better because something needs to be done. Our club needs to step in too!

I don't think you were overreacting either. Us being arrested, kicked out etc for chanting yid army whilst they're making incredibly racist references to the holocaust... Unfecking believable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom