OK, this is not being reactionary...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But I'm disgusted with what football has become...

tonight, we were subjected to "Viva Lazio" chants from the winners of the game... simply because those wonderful Lazio fans chose to stab us and Zeig Heil because we are ALL DIRTY JEWS WHO CLEARLY DESERVED TO BE GASSED!
Good for West Ham's bunch of WINNERS... for pointing this out, alongside various Zeig Heil salutes (which I saw with my own eyes) ... 'cos THAT'S what wins football matches these days... racist fucking Zeig Heiling Nazis... but fear not, 'cos I'm sure plenty of Spurs fans were pulled up for singing 'Yid Army'

...well fuck YOU Met. Police! YID FUCKING ARMY... I'M A JEWISH YID AND PROUD OF IT... what choo gonna do??? Gas me??? go on you cunts, I fucking dare you!

This cuntry has gone to the dogs... and tonight proved it beyond doubt!

I'm no quitter... I've been going since 1981, and seen way worse Tottenham teams than this.... but after tonight's afters... i'm seriously considering taking a hiatus... Fuck it... i'm all but out!

...except I bought a ticket for Everton at home... but after that... I'M DEFINITELY OUT!! (unless we win that one, and are back in with a shout....) it's the OTHER teams I fucking hate! Why are clubs like Weat Ham & Chelsea allowed to win? shouldn't their neo-Nazi scum fans be banned??? and their clubs demoted??
Nah, thought not!

can you tell I'm still livid????

HI 1882, I massively sympathise with your rage. TBH, if the game's getting to you, give it a break. It's not worth ruining your health or your life over it. Take a step back and regroup etc.

I remember many years ago an old joke - I think from 'Close the Coalhouse Door -(I say Matron!)

'Did yer see Noocastle on Saturday, they were terrible
Nay lad, they never came to see me when I was poorly.'

As you say football is so skew-eyed these days (I hope that's not racist :)

I'm so pleased I wasn't there tonight, it sounds like it was the seventh circle of Hell for Spurs fans.

Sorry you had to put up with that @ 1882 1882 I honestly feel we are cursed, when the police, the media the authorities cannot see what is happening with away supporters inside our ground, I dont blame you wanting to take a break from all this - so disheartening and its above the game/results themselves

Holy Moly @ moley moley what's to dislike?? aren't I allowed to be livid after being subjected to that scum??
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, more so the subject in hand. It's all bollocks. Magnifying things that aren't a problem out of proportion, into becoming a problem.

What I do disagree with is that you'll let this stop you from attending a game, watching the club you love. Let them get on with their bollocks in replicating something that has nothing to do with a large percentage of us fans due to a historical remeaninged word that is associated with our team.

What has that even remotely got to do with how you enjoy the game?

'cos tonight... for the first time in a long time, I finally felt like the bad guys had won!
I'm sure i'll get over it (i've got tickets for Everton in Feb after all...) but you like to think that football will reward those deserving of success... not Neo-Nazi scum who get to gloat and Zeig Heil at us soppy little Jews TWICE in one season!
IF there was a God, he'd have surely served noticed on their disgusting scum cunt fans by now... but no... he's apparently revelling in it! Maybe we DO deserve the abuse!

'cos tonight... for the first time in a long time, I finally felt like the bad guys had won!
I'm sure i'll get over it (i've got tickets for Everton in Feb after all...) but you like to think that football will reward those deserving of success... not Neo-Nazi scum who get to gloat and Zeig Heil at us soppy little Jews TWICE in one season!
IF there was a God, he'd have surely served noticed on their disgusting scum cunt fans by now... but no... he's apparently revelling in it! Maybe we DO deserve the abuse!
1882, there is no God. Forget about Spurs, would God have let his 'Chosen People' be herded by the millions into gas chambers and the like. I don't think so.

Another reason BTW, as an atheist, I don't like all this Yid stuff.

There are probably as many atheists/agnostics who support Spurs as members of the Jewish faith.

I do think we should drop the Yid stuff.

We are NOT a Jewish club, we are first and foremost English, then British, then Global.

...that's as well as maybe... but you don't think for one minute that West Ham & Chelsea will 'drop the Hissss' stuff if we do, do you?
They'll just be given free reign... whilst we're being pulled out of the ground for DARING to respond!

Honestly, football and this cuntry is proper fucked if this is allowed to continue!

No way should we drop it. That's letting them win and us giving up our history to appease them.

We drop it and will that mean every time Chelsea or WH come to the Lane that they won't spout the same old shit without consequence? Fuck them all

1882, there is no God.

Another reason, as an atheist, I don't like all this Yid stuff.

There are probably as many atheists/agnostics who support Spurs as members of the Jewish faith.

I'm with you there... there never was a God... the Bible is a work of fiction that just got picked up by a cracking PR firm! (smite me down for saying it God... you motherfucker... I dare you!)

Partially Atheist Fanbase Army doesn't have as much 'swing' to it though!!)

...that's as well as maybe... but you don't think for one minute that West Ham & Chelsea will 'drop the Hissss' stuff if we do, do you?
They'll just be given free reign... whilst we're being pulled out of the ground for DARING to respond!

Honestly, football and this cuntry is proper fucked if this is allowed to continue!
I don't think they'll drop it at all, but maybe the police will find it easier to act if skipped the 'Yid' stuff.

Anyway, if Spurs fans want to keep on singing about Yids and Yid Army, fine. I won't be protesting. Sing away.

But as an English atheist it means nothing to me, and is a complete misrepresentation of Spurs. We're a club formed by English Christians named after a Knight of England from a Northumbrian family and made famous by the greatest ever English writer, Shakespeare.

And Tottenham wasn't a Jewish area either when we were formed, it was part of Middlesex IIRC, and a fairly typical English community

There is no God, Santa or Tooth fairy, sorry to break it to you.

We've never been handed anything as a club, and I feel proud to support a club that has pulled through over years of downtrodden times.

Leeds and Blackburn tried to buy the league in the 90's look what happened to them. Anji tried to buy the Champions League, look what happened to them. We are on the rise with financial stability behind us, for every penny we spend we have spent two in both blood and sweat earning.

If others want to be disrespectful and loosely cheat, let them. History repeats itself time and time again.

Turtle, not the hare.

It is I am afraid YET AGAIN a no win situation, if we lose Yid, which is part of our identity - they have won @ Arjun Arjun is right the scum will just shout racist abuse anyway - and get away with it

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, more so the subject in hand. It's all bollocks. Magnifying things that aren't a problem out of proportion, into becoming a problem.

What I do disagree with is that you'll let this stop you from attending a game, watching the club you love. Let them get on with their bollocks in replicating something that has nothing to do with a large percentage of us fans due to a historical remeaninged word that is associated with our team.

What has that even remotely got to do with how you enjoy the game?
I'm not sure if you're aware that @ 1882 1882 is Jewish, but certainly it would be affecting his enjoyment of the game if he goes to watch a football match and is subject to abuse relating to things that have probably affected people in his family. I'm sure he can speak for/defend himself but just a point of information in case you weren't aware.

Completely agree with the original post though, it does feel at times as if we're fucking slaughtered from all sides about 'yid' when other teams (in particular WHU and the chavs) are hateful towards us with unbelievable chants and abuse. Utter cunts and it also fucking pisses me off (though fortunately I haven't been to the Lane this year and experienced the stewarding yet) - when I go on Boxing Day they're gonna get a fucking earful if they dare to pull me up for chanting yid army.

Back
Top Bottom