OK, enough's enough.... The Sol Campbell stuff needs to stop!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those of us who remember Campbell's career at Spurs will never forgive him for what he did to us.

He kicked us while we were down.

What many forget is how utterly shit Campbell was at the start of his career.

He was one of the worst young centre forwards I have ever seen representing the club. He was truly hopeless.

He was a tall, strong athlete with very little footballing ability. Terrible first touch.

Sol Campbell, as a striker, made Carlton Cole look like Pele.

Spurs persevered with him, after his initial masquerade as a centre forward, and gave the prick a chance by integrating him into the team as a left back.

Gary Mabbutt babysat him and talked him through each game; step by step.

The supporters gave him vocal support for the same reasons we love Harry Kane.

Campbell eventually began to fill in all across the back line under Mabbutt's guidance.

Campbell did not become a great player overnight. It took several seasons.

He replaced Mabbutt as club captain. He held that role at the time he walked across the NLD divide.

Spurs management, coaching staff, playing staff and supporters played a huge role in making Sol Campbell the player he became.

I'm not sure who mentored Campbell on personal integrity and moral perspective.

Sol Campbell understood the gravity of what he did.

He needs to own it.

Last edited:
Right then, this ain't gonna go down well, I realise, so disagree all you want...

But after today, hearing pre-pubescent boys singing "Jelly and Ice Cream, when Sol Campbell dies" made me sad today...

a) 'cos they probably weren't alive when he did what he did...

and b) it was over TWENTY YEARS AGO.... we sound like bitter, small minded cunts now....

He did what he did, and I hate him.
BUT..... he's DEAD to me....

don't get me wrong, I despise him, and his warped, self obsessed weird little crazy mind.... but he has no influence on my life now, 'cos he managed to ruin it 20+ years ago, and I won't let his smug, sociopath, warped little confused scum cunt face continue to haunt me now....

We need to drop it.... He should be dead to us.... HE IS DEAD TO US!

Singing Sol Campbell Songs for so much of the game today, made us look like shall minded, jilted ex's who just can't let go...

We're the weird one that turns up at an exes funeral, eating Jelly and Ice Cream... It's just not right....

Disagree all you want, I'm sticking to this.

I won't mention his name (same as I won't utter the name of the club he defected to... 'cos neither are worthy of my breath!

There, I said it.

Save your Jelly and Ice cream for a GENUINE occasion worth celebrating!

I wish I could let go completely, but when the Pompey supporters sang when he went up to lift the FA Cup, it still felt like a stab to the heart. I don't sing the songs but still want to punch his lights out whenever his ugly mug comes into view.

Let's not forget, he stitched them up as well. "I want to go and play abroad so can you let me go on a free transfer please"
Oh well, as it's to pursue your dream of playing abroad, we'll let you go.
Signs for Portsmouth.
When Pompey nearly went broke, he sued them.
He then goes (on a free, again) to newly purchased by mid eastern business Notts County (definitely thinking of potential money) He then walked out when he realised they weren't rich billionaires.
Re-signed for Arse
Left Arse for a free again
Signed for Newcastle
Finally got sussed out as no fucker signed him up after

Spent his entire career whinging about everything and also commanding everyone to respect him. Blames everything on race when it doesn't go his way. Had the absurd idea to say he hoped Spurs fans would still love him after he utterly fucked us. Our best player leaving for nothing broke us back then. We couldn't replace him and were left crippled.

I would like media outlets to actually start calling him out on his proclamations. He claims he isn't a top level coach because he's black. Why is no one asking him what the actual fuck he's done to deserve a top level job?
He claims he wasn't England captain because he's black. Despite Ince having 7 games as Captain before Campbell, Cambpbell himself had 3 captains caps and Ferdinand around the same time got 7.
It wasn't because you're black Sol, it's because no one fucking likes you.

He's a self serving, lying, narcissistic, sociopath. Every time he opens his trap, he makes himself look worse. He doesn't have the ability to do or say the right things to make his image better.

fuck-him-fuck-them.gif

Those of us who remember Campbell's career at Spurs will never forgive him for what he did to us.

He kicked us while we were down.

What many forget is how utterly shit Campbell was at the start of his career.

He was one of the worst young centre forwards I have ever seen representing the club. He was truly hopeless.

He was a tall, strong athlete with very little footballing ability. Terrible first touch.

Spurs persevered with him, after his initial masquerade as a centre forward, and gave the prick a chance by integrating him into the team as a left back.

Gary Mabbutt babysat him and talked him through each game; step by step.

Campbell eventually began to fill in all across the back line under Mabbutt's guidance.

Campbell did not become a great player overnight. It took several seasons.

He replaced Mabbutt as club captain. He held that role at the time he walked across the NLD divide.

Sol Campbell understood the gravity of what he did.

He needs to own it.
He could have joined United and probably won more and we wouldn’t have gave a fuck other than losing a transfer fee.
He is, was and always will be a cunt.

Of course kids singing that sort of thing is wrong. Wouldn't be my approach either, he's a wanker but I don't wish death on him or anything that pathetic. However, the guy makes his own problems, his lack of awareness to come out and acknowledge that he took a massive shit on this club certainly won't help his cause. He has done nothing to help himself, he has mostly added fuel to the flames if anything.

Wishing death on anyone over football is weird. He's an irrelevance now to football, just stick to laughing at how pathetic he looks demanding OBE's or whatever..

Back
Top Bottom