Norwich away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm getting there early, checking in then hitting whatever pub gets thrown into this thread over the next week. I can't wait, love an xmas time game, even better that it's away and under the lights. Here's some research on a football website.

Where To Drink?
I found that the number of good pubs situated in-between the train station and the ground, were plentiful and friendly. In fact it almost ended up being a pub crawl before the match had begun! The traditional haunt of away fans for many years was the Clarence Harbour, but this alas is now making way for a housing development. Most fans now seem to be heading instead for the 'Compleat Angler', which is by the river opposite the railway station (around 5-10 minutes walk from the ground)'. This pub seems to have now taken over the mantle of the 'away fans pub'.

Rob Emery informs me; 'Not far away from the ground and towards the City Centre a new leisure complex called the Riverside has opened. This has a number of drinking and eating establishments, including a Wetherspoons Lloyds No.1 outlet. Whilst Nicholas Mead suggests; 'the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road brews its own beer and is around a 10 minute walk away from the ground'.

Plus if you love pies, Delia has it sorted.

Norwich are my "local" team (in that i live 45 mins away, but in Norfolk you live an hour away from everything)

Great City, and honestly I believe there is nowhere else better in terms of area surrounding stadium, loads to do, and well worth an overnighter, pubs, clubs, restaurants, cinema, hotels, shops and train station all a stones throw from the stadium, and the women are incredible.

The Riverside complex is a fucking red brick corporate shithole - you may as well go drinking at Lakeside Thurrock.

One of the Medievel pubs like the Mischief or Ribs of Beef on Magdalen Street right by the bridge over the Wensum (and still only 15 mins walk to the ground)...

...now that would be a boozer worthy of an early doors Yid takeover!

As would the Red Lion - another excellent old school boozer in sight of the Cathedral and River (and again about 15 mins walk to Carrow).

. A constant complaint from away supporters has been that stewards have been insistent on them remaining seated right through the game. Several fans have been forcibly ejected for continual standing, so it is advisable to remain seated.

Lol my arse!

I'm on it. Think we're going to be heading up around lunchtime. Word on the street is riverside area from about 15:00 onwards

Thing about teams like norwich is that they have proper fans. Real supporting of the team 'no matter what' type fans.

Obviously you have to, in order to support a local team through thick and thin, but they try and play atractive football, they aren't northern cloggers and for me exemplify the sort of mentality that does the Premier league no end of good, flying in the face of its corporate vacuous master.

Clearly it helps that it's more like royston vasey, so no chance of the youngsters being allowed to follow united/chavs/city/cunts, but none the less, if you like a six fingered prossie, whose mum/sister is also available at a discount (and indeed often the same person), then enjoy your away day fellow yids.

Guys

Opposite the train station is a pub called 'The Compleat Angler' which is now the 'away' pub. its about a 5/10 minute walk from the ground.

Riverside is usually used by home fans but I doubt it would get unfriendly there. Problem there is that there is now only 1 bar (a wetherspoons) and a bowling alley which serve alcohol. Used to be a good selection of bars but none are open

Norwich fans are cunts by the way. You should try living here.

now if anyone has a spare ticket I will still gladly accept it!

Back
Top Bottom