Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Bit stupid to pay that when he’s not as good as others available.
Bit stupid to think it’s as simple as hiring a ‘good manager’. Conte is a better manager than all of them, ditto Jose in terms of pedigree yet under the draconian megalomaniac they quickly fail.

Management is situational, even more so in our environment. We don’t need a good manager, we need someone that does what Levy tells him first and foremost and if he has enough flair to inspire the players, that’s a nice to have

It’ll be interesting to see what then next manager will make of Ndombele, Lo Celso and Reguilon. I still have hope for all 3 of them, but it’s the effort they need to put in.

Lo Celso and Reguilon have been injured for almost the entire season. They are done, we don’t even have room to fit them in the squad with our foreign player count.

Bit stupid to think it’s as simple as hiring a ‘good manager’. Conte is a better manager than all of them, ditto Jose in terms of pedigree yet under the draconian megalomaniac they quickly fail.

Management is situational, even more so in our environment. We don’t need a good manager, we need someone that does what Levy tells him first and foremost and if he has enough flair to inspire the players, that’s a nice to have
I do not rate either Mourinho or Conte above Poch. There may be an argument for Mourinho because what he did at Porto 19 years ago. The problem is that was just after Abrhamovic took over Chelsea and started inflating player values.

The fact is it would be very difficult to do the same now with a similar Porto team, football has changed because of the sheer amount of money involved.

While my view on Conte is he can win the league with his style of cb play but he needs to have the best squad in the division and that is what he has had every time he has won the league.

Last edited:
I do not eat either Mourinho or Conte above Poch. There may be an argument for Mourinho because what he did at Porto 19 years ago. The problem is that was just after Abrhamovic took over Chelsea and started inflating player values.

The fact is it would be very difficult to do the same now with a similar Porto team, football has changed because of the sheer amount of money involved.

While my view on Conte is he can win the league with his style of cb play but he needs to have the best squad in the division and that is what he has had every time he has won the league.
depends how you define good. For most, It’s generally trophies win previously.

I agree re: Poch, clearly the best fit for us which is my point. Stellar managers won’t flourish in this mediocre environment, having the chairman buy players that he doesn’t want etc, lowest % wage bill in the league (vs revenue). Lack of leadership

I know it's The Sun ....

MAUR PLEASE

Real Madrid set to end Spurs’ hopes of replacing Antonio Conte with Mauricio Pochettino with THIRD move for Argie boss​

• Published: 8:36, 23 Mar 2023
  • Updated: 8:36, 23 Mar 2023

REAL MADRID are reportedly set to end Tottenham’s hopes of landing Mauricio Pochettino.
That’s by launching a fresh move for the Argentine boss.

depends how you define good. For most, It’s generally trophies win previously.

I agree re: Poch, clearly the best fit for us which is my point. Stellar managers won’t flourish in this mediocre environment, having the chairman buy players that he doesn’t want etc, lowest % wage bill in the league (vs revenue). Lack of leadership
That is a ridiculous metric to look at. The fact is Conte has won 4 league titles in Italy with the highest wage bill in the league, and his Premier League title win was with the Second highest wage bill in the league to United (Every one knows United over pay their players).

The fact is titles do not mean shit especially coming to Spurs who have the 6th highest wage bill in the league and and 10-12th highest wage bill in Europe. That metric does not stack and is where we have gone wrong with both Mourinho and Conte appointments.

The fact is if you want to look at a metric you should be looking at how much each managers per league point cost compared to the teams around them. The fact is you are valuing the wrong thing a manager. Listen to any true top manager like Pep for example who said Chris Wilder had as much ability as Sheffield United manager as him but he had the resources to make this difference.

The metrics of trophies a manager has won does not tell you anything about their ability it only tells you what they did in the past and may have had spent a lot to do it.

The fact is if I take what is important to me and that is what a manager has done at Tottenham and how much enjoyment I have got out of it my list of best managers goes:
1. Poch
2. Harry Redknapp
3. Jol
4. Ramos (League Cup)
5. Conte (10 game period last season)

I have 3 managers who have made me happy and to be proud of supporting Spurs. The other two are only there because of a short run of results. Ramos mainly because of a 5-1 semi final win against Woolwich and the fact that I got to see my brother shout abuse at Philip Senderos the day before the game in a Tesco Metro.

The fact is I am into football for the memories and happiness it brings me. Jose and Conte have failed to do this really in any way.

That is a ridiculous metric to look at. The fact is Conte has won 4 league titles in Italy with the highest wage bill in the league, and his Premier League title win was with the Second highest wage bill in the league to United (Every one knows United over pay their players).

The fact is titles do not mean shit especially coming to Spurs who have the 6th highest wage bill in the league and and 10-12th highest wage bill in Europe. That metric does not stack and is where we have gone wrong with both Mourinho and Conte appointments.

The fact is if you want to look at a metric you should be looking at how much each managers per league point cost compared to the teams around them. The fact is you are valuing the wrong thing a manager. Listen to any true top manager like Pep for example who said Chris Wilder had as much ability as Sheffield United manager as him but he had the resources to make this difference.

The metrics of trophies a manager has won does not tell you anything about their ability it only tells you what they did in the past and may have had spent a lot to do it.

The fact is if I take what is important to me and that is what a manager has done at Tottenham and how much enjoyment I have got out of it my list of best managers goes:
1. Poch
2. Harry Redknapp
3. Jol
4. Ramos (League Cup)
5. Conte (10 game period last season)

I have 3 managers who have made me happy and to be proud of supporting Spurs. The other two are only there because of a short run of results. Ramos mainly because of a 5-1 semi final win against Woolwich and the fact that I got to see my brother shout abuse at Philip Senderos the day before the game in a Tesco Metro.

The fact is I am into football for the memories and happiness it brings me. Jose and Conte have failed to do this really in any way.
I don’t disagree - football management is hugely situational and we are v nuanced and have a different MO to top clubs, hence decorated managers shitting the bed at Spurs. Situational issues on all sides.

I don’t disagree - football management is hugely situational and we are v nuanced and have a different MO to top clubs, hence decorated managers shitting the bed at Spurs. Situational issues on all sides.
Disagree look at United they have the highest wages in the league and spent just as much as Man City and have only won a handful of cups for it.

At Spurs the first problem is Levy and his weird decisions when it comes to Football related matters. The second problem is the horrendous recruitment we have had for years.

Disagree look at United they have the highest wages in the league and spent just as much as Man City and have only won a handful of cups for it.

At Spurs the first problem is Levy and his weird decisions when it comes to Football related matters. The second problem is the horrendous recruitment we have had for years.
Because of the messy situation there….. unstructured, poor scouting vs City.

I think we are going to get Mason in until the end of the season and Wait for the Chavs to sack Potter, then knowing Levy and his love for Ex Chav managers we will go after him, his thinking will be he has tried managers who have won over there and it hasn't worked out here AKA Jose and Conte so lets try a failed Chav manager here, throw enough shit and some of its going to stick right?

:levyeyes:

I think we are going to get Mason in until the end of the season and Wait for the Chavs to sack Potter, then knowing Levy and his love for Ex Chav managers we will go after him, his thinking will be he has tried managers who have won over there and it hasn't worked out here AKA Jose and Conte so lets try a failed Chav manager here, throw enough shit and some of its going to stick right?

:levyeyes:
Already tried a manager that failed over there AVB.

Whenever one of those gets posted, it's obligatory to post this, one of the greatest bits of TV ever:

"and you can pair up if you want, you can even bring your dinner" :wansum:

And we wonder what went wrong with modern day football, we got rid of managers like this who weren't afraid to call players out, players became assets for the club, worth to much to sack so its easier to pander to them and sack the manager!

Back
Top Bottom