Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would organise a friendly or two for next weekend behind closed doors. Smash some hopeless team to beef up confidence then play a team similar to arsenals style.
yes and no
i seemed to remeber ( coudent find anything on the tube or google fuck them both) that newcastle lost vs the youth team in a friendly , when they could win 4 shit
i dont know which season it was

In more positive news I quite like Hojbjerg new hairstyle, quite slick.
bald.png

Mate, even Sheffield Utd would.

Bar the Blades and a couple other teams, we gotta be one of the easiest teams to figure out and play against.

Absolutely embarrassing display today, even worse than Fulham. But the big man will get another pass cause he says all the right things.
I was absolutely inundated with disagrees and filthy remarks (mostly @ginoflair) but an awful lot of hostility from all quarters when I posted this before but I'm going to say it again anyway. Ange is out of his depth in the PL. One dimension, no idea about defense....some championship football might be a good idea for a couple of seasons but he's lost against the better PL teams imo...
I think I got at least 13 disagrees but I'm sticking to my guns. We'll never win anything without an out and out striker and a defense not full of headless chickens
Maddison and Richarlison mostly a waste of money so far.

Well that was a huge wake-up call.
I had to get up at 3.30 am for that but at least i don’t have to drive to/from Newcastle.
So glad that in the end I opted against going. Would've had to get up very early to get a flight, which would've cost me a fortune, plus expenses in Geordieland...all that to witness our worst performance of the season and a total lack of guts from the lads. Thanks but no thanks.

I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother to make the remaining games, even at home. Why should I rearrange my work schedule around them matches and spend big mullah on traveling (I'm working abroad most of the time these days) when the coaching & playing staff don't give it their all. Fuck that.

Just got back from an appalling performance, I think it's all been said but Spursy mostly covers it.
After the first calamitous goal , we were visibly shaken.Ninety seconds later we did exactly the same clown shoe defending and the confidence just drained away.
That's 4 or 5 mid table teams that have absolutely had our number. Too many players are underperforming and the team looks a shadow of it's former self.
What Ange does next will tell us a lot about him.
Meanwhile it is still the hope that kills you.

we dident do both sadly , dident sacked him just kinda changed the locks on the doors and not picking up the phone when he called
but in all serious its such a big part of the game and o bet there are even100ers of nerdy american coaches who are excellent at set pices (cuz they luv that shit me 2)

Last edited:
Just got back from an appalling performance, I think it's all been said but Spursy mostly covers it.
After the first calamitous goal , we were visibly shaken.Ninety seconds later we did exactly the same clown shoe defending and the confidence just drained away.
That's 4 or 5 mid table teams that have absolutely had our number. Too many players are underperforming and the team looks a shadow of it's former self.
What Ange does next will tell us a lot about him.
Meanwhile it is still the hope that kills you.
First 2 goals came from VDV slipping over.
A minute before the first goal he had been booked for a non bookable offence after our captain and vice captain put the ref on the spot begging for a booking for a Newcastle defender.
So Spursy.
The ref was bent IMO.

Sometimes I wonder what i did in a past life to warrant being a Spurs fan! :ange-hands-head:
man every body know s what u did in your past life
we all rember seeing u 3000 years ago stealing that ice cream from that little girl and while she was crying you kicked her dog u kick her dog!!!!!!!!!!!
that was the day we all knew dammm we gonna be cursed
#wewillnever4get

it shouldn't be, and if it was he's got to learn from it.

The third goal he was ball watching and slow to react,
Whatever the reason/s, Micky was absolutely atrocious today. But if there's one player that's got a few creds in the bank, that's the big kid. And I do trust him to put it right the remaining games.

I could name quite a few who are in our debt big time...and whom I don't expect any improvement from. They'll just do a Danny Rose..."You're being mean Mr Coach/Fan, so I'm just gonna go see Daniel".

Apart from all those goals and assists and that.
They've both had more bad games for Spurs than good ones.

Also, how many games have they missed? Bet their availability % isn't all that shiny.

So yeah, his point was a tad legitimate.

It's all starting to look a bit shite with regards to the football we are playing. No style, organisation, or desire. Just nothing.
We didn't look convincing at home the last few weeks. Something is very wrong.

We won't be getting anything from the next few matches. I see 4 straight losses

Still struggling to understand how we can lose 4-0 to a side missing half their squad to injury.

The Wolves performance should have been the moment arses got kicked and something changed. Evidently, nothing has.

This club is beyond pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom