Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The players lack guts, it’s not that complicated. Every single game that passes validates Conte’s farewell rant. The first 10 games there was no pressure. Nobody knew what to expect from us, we lost Harry, it was a free hit. It was just nice to play on the front foot. We went in front in virtually every game and everyone was smiling.

Now that the top 4 is within our reach there is actual pressure and our weak players are being crushed by it. During that spell when VDV, Romero, Son, Maddison etc were all missing we played with far more intensity that we are now. We didn’t win many games but the players were sweating blood, especially Emerson and Davies at CB. Those two played away at City and they worked a hell of a lot harder than the players who started today.

If you have good players it really isn’t that hard to win a match. Be aggressive with and without the ball. That’s pretty much it. Newcastle did it and we didn’t. They had about 12 players missing and they were still more up for it than us.
Players are so weak mentally, Conte nailed it, they can't play under pressure.

The players lack guts, it’s not that complicated. Every single game that passes validates Conte’s farewell rant. The first 10 games there was no pressure. Nobody knew what to expect from us, we lost Harry, it was a free hit. It was just nice to play on the front foot. We went in front in virtually every game and everyone was smiling.

Now that the top 4 is within our reach there is actual pressure and our weak players are being crushed by it. During that spell when VDV, Romero, Son, Maddison etc were all missing we played with far more intensity that we are now. We didn’t win many games but the players were sweating blood, especially Emerson and Davies at CB. Those two played away at City and they worked a hell of a lot harder than the players who started today.

If you have good players it really isn’t that hard to win a match. Be aggressive with and without the ball. That’s pretty much it. Newcastle did it and we didn’t. They had about 12 players missing and they were still more up for it than us.

The hard part of the first part is we have a boat load of new players. Wener, Johnson, Maddison, VDV, Udogie, Vic all started and weren't even here under Conte. Much less Porro who only played some, Bissouma who never played. That's almost the entire team.

I think we just need more time for our players to mature and to continue and be aggressive with bringing in top players and creating competition. We are similar to Woolwich of 2 years ago imo. Good squad and pretty good style but prone to bad performances, getting overwhelmed (including by us), etc. Since they surprisingly jumped into CL competition 2 years ago they've aggressively added Jesus, Zinchenko, Havertz, Rice, Trossard, Jorginho that I can think of off the top of my head and they've really stepped up in just their consistency and level of performances. Last year just off the title and they signed Rice and Havertz to push on. This is what we need to do. This has always been where we struggled under Levy.

It's a shame but I think he's now past his sell by date...unfortunate but true....
Should be starting two in three games or less and coming off the bench at times. He’s 32 soon. Everyone has an end, but as is always the case he will be run into the ground in the absence of true squad depth.

And that’s what’s sticks in the craw when we go down with a limp insipid performance like that.
You mentioned about these players buckling under pressure which they are,but we can go back years under previous managers failing us in cup semi finals or top 4.

Unfortunately its been too commonplace these performances,other teams wanting it more and then hearing our players rolling out the same bollocks about we ‘have to be better’ after the match blah blah.

So how do we break this cycle? We’re going round in circles every season.

The ref made it clear very early on which side he was going to favour when Son was fouled and nothing happened to the Newcastle player and McCoist saying that it was because it was too early
Spot on. It was a clear yellow. So sick of them refs taking it upon themselves to rewrite the rulebook.

"Ooh bad challenge & worthy of a booking, but yeah I'm gonna let him off cause it's so early in the game".

"Clear high kick and we'd give it if it was in the middle of the park, but as it's in the box, best not to."

A foul is a foul. A yellow is a yellow. Schar should've been booked. Burns should've been booked...twice...and therefore sent off, also giving us a pen and a possible way back in the game. Mads could've walked too...clear foul on Gordon then constant moaning.

Such BS. After Kane left everyone would have taken 4th or 5th without any reservation.
Bollocks post.

A record of W10 .D4 .L8 in our last 22 league games with no domestic cup runs or European competition is absolutely appalling, however you try and dress it up.

And it was absolute brazen negligence for the club to sell a player of Kanes quality without having a top level replacement lined up.

Spot on. It was a clear yellow. So sick of them refs taking it upon themselves to rewrite the rulebook.

"Ooh bad challenge & worthy of a booking, but yeah I'm gonna let him off cause it's so early in the game".

"Clear high kick and we'd give it if it was in the middle of the park, but as it's in the box, best not to."

A foul is a foul. A yellow is a yellow. Schar should've been booked. Burns should've been booked...twice...and therefore sent off, also giving us a pen and a possible way back in the game. Mads could've walked too...clear foul on Gordon then constant moaning.

Officials in the prem have been disgusting for us since the Liverpool game

Maddison said after the game that they didn’t play with courage and played safety first football. Hard to believe this is the same team that went for the jugular when down to 9 men against Chelsea.

Same old shit, the pressure of the run in arrives and they crap themselves.
well at least gonna give him props 4 saying it

my favorite keeper of whole time ,2ghter with (ike shorunmu) said it best
when he said : "we need balls we need balls"
hqdefault.jpg

Can't believe I'm saying this but weve really really missed Richy the past few games! Will help us against teams playing low block against us and encourages us to play forward more because of his heading ability

Just landed back from holiday, was gonna avoid the score and watch the full 90 when I get home but was immediately notified of the score by my phone, quite glad about that really...

I take it we displayed our usual attacking prowess and defensive threat then???

Back
Top Bottom