Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking two weeks to stew on this abomination of a performance.

I'm sure we'll spend that fortnight productively doing sweet fuck all to address our weakness at corners and lack of goal threat.

At least it's only the Woolwich, followed by Chelscum and the Scoursers away in a week. Could get real messy. Knowing us, we'll fold in the first two and put on the best away display of the year at Anfield and do the cunts a massive favour.

Man, that result/performance has really wound me up today.
That's ok we've got some very winnable games to look forward to 👀👀👀

Yeah I agree re bissouma.There’s sticking by a player but how long do you persevere with him? He’s been stinking the place out for months now.What mystifies me is how bissouma can go from looking like one of the best midfielders in the premiership to nearly hopeless? Just doesn’t make sense.
You can give sarr a bye as he is still young,but Maddison is getting on my wick with his sulkiness like you said,they need to buck their ideas up and sort their shit out.

Bissouma is just one of those players who had a purple patch. Papiss Cisse and Michu looked world class for a while, but it wasn’t their real level. Hell even Matt Doherty had a spell of abiut 5 games for us where he looked like Cafu.

His real level is somewhere between the high of the first 10 games and the low of the last few. A decent player who doesn’t have what it takes to make the step up to the elite level. Another Schneiderlin.

Doesn’t it show that they are working for the manager but that the tactics do not work?

The tactics aren’t to move the ball slowly and sideways. The players have to own their failure to do what they’re told, Maddison said after the game that they didn’t play with courage and played safety first football. Hard to believe this is the same team that went for the jugular when down to 9 men against Chelsea.

Same old shit, the pressure of the run in arrives and they crap themselves.

Fucking two weeks to stew on this abomination of a performance.

I'm sure we'll spend that fortnight productively doing sweet fuck all to address our weakness at corners and lack of goal threat.

At least it's only the Woolwich, followed by Chelscum and the Scoursers away in a week. Could get real messy. Knowing us, we'll fold in the first two and put on the best away display of the year at Anfield and do the cunts a massive favour.

Man, that result/performance has really wound me up today.

If we play like we have lately against those three, we should unfortunately expect zero points.

Best not to get too emotionally attached to the team and its outcomes right now.

It was one of those games where few things worked - starting with Werner missing 2 huge chances ..but the unravelling basically started when the whole defense collapsed when Isak scored Toon's first goal...
Even with 72 % possession Spurs till need to defend...

Bissouma is just one of those players who had a purple patch. Papiss Cisse and Michu looked world class for a while, but it wasn’t their real level. Hell even Matt Doherty had a spell of abiut 5 games for us where he looked like Cafu.

His real level is somewhere between the high of the first 10 games and the low of the last few. A player who doesn’t have what it takes to make the step up to the elite level.

The tactics aren’t to move the ball slowly and sideways. The players have to own their failure to do what they’re told, Maddison said after the game that they didn’t play with courage and played safety first football. Hard to believe this is the same team that went for the jugular when down to 9 men against Chelsea.

Same old shit, the pressure of the run in arrives and they crap themselves.
And that for me is why the club need to make a top defensive midfielder our primary target.

We look a world away from when we we’re going toe to toe in Woolwich’s back yard,makes you wonder if something has happened behind the scenes.Or the players just aren’t doing what ange wants.

1 of the Woolwich coaches was at Man U and 2 other coaches were brought in from Atletico Madrid, all 3 are from top end teams.. ours? Crystal Palace , Swansea and an academy player.... not top end
And yeah, it is the coaches jobs to organise players to produce the best they can...and they are not , the players are looking like they don't know where or what to do.
But you don’t know their names did you? Coming from those clubs doesn’t make them better coaches. So a guy that was coaching kids at athletico Madrid knows more about the game than Jedinak or Mason who’ve played top level football for years?

And what's your point, we still spent the money. 😆

It's as if you think we only spent on a condition and you're trying to find excuses to tell yourself that spending that isn't the norm now, it's very weird.

Do you not think we'd level the team up some other way if Kane stayed for example, like sign a player other than Johnson for example?

I'm not even sure we have the money for VDV if we don't sell Kane. Maddison, VDV, Johnson in 1 window without Kane money or selling equity? no chance

And that for me is why the club need to make a top defensive midfielder our primary target.

We look a world away from when we we’re going toe to toe in Woolwich’s back yard,makes you wonder if something has happened behind the scenes.Or the players just aren’t doing what ange wants.

The players lack guts, it’s not that complicated. Every single game that passes validates Conte’s farewell rant. The first 10 games there was no pressure. Nobody knew what to expect from us, we lost Harry, it was a free hit. It was just nice to play on the front foot. We went in front in virtually every game and everyone was smiling.

Now that the top 4 is within our reach there is actual pressure and our weak players are being crushed by it. During that spell when VDV, Romero, Son, Maddison etc were all missing we played with far more intensity that we are now. We didn’t win many games but the players were sweating blood, especially Emerson and Davies at CB. Those two played away at City and they worked a hell of a lot harder than the players who started today.

If you have good players it really isn’t that hard to win a match. Be aggressive with and without the ball. That’s pretty much it. Newcastle did it and we didn’t. They had about 12 players missing and they were still more up for it than us.

I'm not even sure we have the money for VDV if we don't sell Kane. Maddison, VDV, Johnson in 1 window without Kane money or selling equity? no chance

So where do you think the money came when we bought those players before we sold Kane?

Even if we hadn't sold him do you not think their upgrading the team to Ange's liking anyway?

Your arguments are weird man.

So where do you think the money came when we bought those players before we sold Kane?

Even if we hadn't sold him do you not think their upgrading the team to Ange's liking anyway?

Your arguments are weird man.
We don’t have cash flow issues, we are sitting on a surplus. Levy wouldn’t have approved the purchases though without the pending Kane deal - I think that’s a fair assumption

I love Ange but this should have been a huge wake up call, we were totally outplayed by a Newcastle team far from there best, web had zero positives from this game and really need to wake up

Back
Top Bottom