Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, but they also won plenty of stuff before Arteta.
We've been winning fuck all for 23 years so patience is understandably not so forthcoming. And neither should it be.

Also worth remembering we were ahead of Woolwich just 2 years ago then Levy fucked it all up again with a complete lack of ambition while they've massively backed their manager and are now reaping the rewards as we get battered 3-0 and 4-0 in back to back horrendous away matches at the business end of the season.
Preach Neil Degrasse Tyson GIF

The shittest part of today is that Newcastle were unimpressive up until we gift wrapped them 2 goals in 2 mins. After that they pressed the fuck out of us and more disappointingly we gave up.

The ref made it clear very early on which side he was going to favour when Son was fouled and nothing happened to the Newcastle player and McCoist saying that it was because it was too early
Or Isak's tug back on Vic to stop him clearing the ball quickly. It was still 0-0 at that point I think.

I wonder if he'd got a yellow card for that (which he clearly should have) whether he'd have played more within himself. Probably not, it wouldn't have made any difference given how useless we were but...

The shittest part of today is that Newcastle were unimpressive up until we gift wrapped them 2 goals in 2 mins. After that they pressed the fuck out of us and more disappointingly we gave up.
The giving up is the bit that worries me.

The Spurs players on that pitch today were the best 11 Spurs had available to pick.

Apart from Maddison; not one of them really believed Spurs could get back into the game and that was reflected in their efforts.

Newcastle's reserve team absolutely bullied Spurs. They won every battle.

Ange is in trouble in my opinion.

Udogie has been awful for weeks. But has no competition and you get slated for saying it, or get "he's young and learning". Sounds like a free pass to do what the fuck he wants without consequence. So often Micky is dragged wide because there's no left back and then with no midfielder dropping in we are massively exposed.
Kid is lazy as fuck when it comes to defending. There was that Forest goal where he shamelessly stopped running. And today I lost count of how many times he did pretty much likewise. And obviously that moment where he gets embarrassed by Gordon, who's built like a cotton swab.

His attacking play used to save him, but he's been equally awol for weeks on that side of the ball.

Needs a big, big kick up the arse. But I doubt he'll get it from the leadership group.

Some stalwarts of the last few months need dropping in my opinion.

IMHO there are too many that think they are undroppable (Madders included), and need a rocket up their arse that another player challenging for their spot would create.

Last edited:
Some stalwarts of the last few months need dropping in my opinion.

IMHO there are too many that think they are undroppable (Madders included), and need a rocket up their ass that another player challenging for their spot would create.

Reports I’ve read about Ange are that he is ruthless with players not doing what he wants.
We have a few players not pulling their weight ATM will Ange be brave enough to drop them in this important part of our season

We need speciality defence and attacking coaches. Ange has said the current coaching group are responsible for all aspects. Ryan Mason is supposedly responsible for attacking….Ryan Mason for God‘s sake.Dier says Ange does not work on tactics, that’s bloody crazy for starters. What the hell is Angeball? Biggest load of tosh I’ve ever heard.

Reports I’ve read about Ange are that he is ruthless with players not doing what he wants.
We have a few players not pulling their weight ATM will Ange be brave enough to drop them in this important part of our season
I’d say more brutal than ruthless with them the way things are heading.

An abomination of a performance today. I think no players can come off the field today with any credit apart from Johnson.
Lots of questions need to be asked.
1. How did Bissouma get back in starting 11 after being hauled off at half time in last game, totally ineffective in everything he did today and worse still does not act like he cares.
2. How long do we give Bents for his form to return? Personally willing to give him more time, but currently miles off what he was.
3. For all Werner's good work on the wings, is he really worth signing with that level of finishing, honestly it's div 3 level at times and he is 28 it ain't going to get any better.
4. Has any team in the prem put in a worse aerial defense that we did today, I mean in premiership history not this season, they looked like scoring with every decent delivery.
5. What has happened Udogies defending, non existent and getting bullied by Gordon is inexcusable.
6. We badly need quality midfielders, that can beat a high press and not hide, forcing our keeper to go long. Who is available and who needs to see the gate.
7. Do we do any defensive work, like protecting our keeper at set pieces or actively tracking back and not leaving our back four so exposed.
8. Has Ange been found out, does he have a plan B or is he even looking for one?

Fucking two weeks to stew on this abomination of a performance.

I'm sure we'll spend that fortnight productively doing sweet fuck all to address our weakness at corners and lack of goal threat.

At least it's only the Woolwich, followed by Chelscum and the Scousers away in a week. Could get real messy. Knowing us, we'll fold in the first two and put on the best away display of the year at Anfield and do the cunts a massive favour.

Man, that result/performance has really wound me up today.

Last edited:
I’d say more brutal than ruthless with them the way things are heading.

Our midfield has been awful lately.
Sarr is a young player and has had a back problem apparently so he drop in form is understandable. Bissouma needs dropping from the starting lineup for the rest of the season as he has been terrible for weeks and Maddison needs to start on the bench too for a few weeks, he is off form since coming back from injury, that is understandable to a certain degree but his work rate has dropped big time compared to earlier in the season and he constant moaning all the time 😡

Fucking two weeks to stew on this abomination of a performance.

I'm sure we'll spend that fortnight productively doing sweet fuck all to address our weakness at corners and lack of goal threat.

At least it's only the Woolwich, followed by Chelscum and the Scoursers away in a week. Could get real messy. Knowing us, we'll fold in the first two and put on the best away display of the year at Anfield and do the cunts a massive favour.

Man, that result/performance has really wound me up today.
Performance like this, shows players are not playing for the manager cannot be.

And Werner hardly busts a guy tracking back either
Werner gets away with it in the eyes of some cause he scores the odd goal and has got a few assists since he's been with us.

But he's lost his way a long time ago and even if he's still relatively young, I honestly don't see him ever recapturing that insane form he had during his first Leipzig stint. Chelsea just ruined the lad.

Today he has zero excuse for not scoring on that peach of a cross from Brennan. Or that cutback from Mads I think it was. He obviously ain't the sole guilty party for that atrocious defeat, but if he gets the opener, it's a different game for sure.

We must not sign him. Keep that 15 mil and put it toward a proper player who knows where the goal is.

Son is running on fumes imo. Hes 30 odd now. Hes an icon at tottenham but i do think if saudi put in a big bid he will go in summer as will richarlison. Read earlier 13 are expected to leave in summer. I hope we do our business early like we did last year. Not bad eggs hanging around training centre late August.

Our midfield has been awful lately.
Sarr is a young player and has had a back problem apparently so he drop in form is understandable. Bissouma needs dropping from the starting lineup for the rest of the season as he has been terrible for weeks and Maddison needs to start on the bench too for a few weeks, he is off form since coming back from injury, that is understandable to a certain degree but his work rate has dropped big time compared to earlier in the season and he constant moaning all the time 😡
Yeah I agree re bissouma.There’s sticking by a player but how long do you persevere with him? He’s been stinking the place out for months now.What mystifies me is how bissouma can go from looking like one of the best midfielders in the premiership to nearly hopeless? Just doesn’t make sense.
You can give sarr a bye as he is still young,but Maddison is getting on my wick with his sulkiness like you said,they need to buck their ideas up and sort their shit out.

Do they ?? Name 5 members of city’s,Woolwich’s and Liverpool’s coaching team. You can’t. Are you actually blaming those guys for what the players produced to day??? Fucking totally and utterly clueless.
1 of the Woolwich coaches was at Man U and 2 other coaches were brought in from Atletico Madrid, all 3 are from top end teams.. ours? Crystal Palace , Swansea and an academy player.... not top end
And yeah, it is the coaches jobs to organise players to produce the best they can...and they are not , the players are looking like they don't know where or what to do.

Back
Top Bottom