New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last edited:
Bollocks, all I see are families. Happy to see them too!
Sorry to disagree with you, J, but I must admit that it's not my experience of the S Korean fans. The vast majority of the ones I see are either young couples or pairs of young girls and more often than not it's clearly their first time at the stadium (possibly their last too), by the way they're forever taking selfies. They're definitely football tourists. Not sure I've ever seen a family - maybe it's just where you're sat?
If Sonny being at Spurs is creating loads and loads of lifetime Spurs supporters, that's great - but I'm not convinced that they'll stay here when Son leaves. I think he'll take most of them with him.

Edit: Is there a S Korean fan on the forum who can provide an 'expert' view on the subject?

Sorry to disagree with you, J, but I must admit that it's not my experience of the S Korean fans. The vast majority of the ones I see are either young couples or pairs of young girls and more often than not it's clearly their first time at the stadium (possibly their last too), by the way they're forever taking selfies. They're definitely football tourists. Not sure I've ever seen a family - maybe it's just where you're sat?
If Sonny being at Spurs is creating loads and loads of lifetime Spurs supporters, that's great - but I'm not convinced that they'll stay here when Son leaves. I think he'll take most of them with him.

Edit: Is there a S Korean fan on the forum who can provide an 'expert' view on the subject?

I suspect the Spurs stadium will be on a South Korean travel guide '20 things you must do when in London' because Son, greatest ever South Korean footballer, plays there.

When Son leaves probably back to SK or to another country, I guess the stadium will still be on the list with the narrative of 'where Sonnie' used to play. So I do not think its a sudden total drop, possibly a slow drop off over say 10 years. But if we sign another SK player ...... who knows

Its clearly on the 'must-do' list for South Korean tourists in London. They're not necessarily football fans, let alone Tottenham fans, but they come to see Son - who is one of if not the biggest sports stars in the whole of Korea.

Each tourist spends £££ in the club shop - minimum of a SON 7 shirt, plus scarves, program, whatever else they fancy. When you're on holiday money flows differently. A £100+ ticket ain't much when its a once in a lifetime trip and you're already paying for your flights and hotels etc. Agreed with above it's almost always young (20s/30s) couples. Rarely kids.

Personally I don't see them as taking tickets from other fans but would be interested to know exactly how they all get allocated. They never cause any aggro. The South Korean flags are as much a part of the stadium on matchday as Rainham Steel and Enfield Co-Op advertising boards were in the 90s. Incidently when I first started going you got loads of groups of Norweigen tourists, mostly due to Erik Thortsvedt I believe.

Perhaps it is where I sit, I see loads of families. There were 2 sets of Korean families in front.of me on Sat.

I do also see young couples as well though.

Its clearly on the 'must-do' list for South Korean tourists in London. They're not necessarily football fans, let alone Tottenham fans, but they come to see Son - who is one of if not the biggest sports stars in the whole of Korea.

Each tourist spends £££ in the club shop - minimum of a SON 7 shirt, plus scarves, program, whatever else they fancy. When you're on holiday money flows differently. A £100+ ticket ain't much when its a once in a lifetime trip and you're already paying for your flights and hotels etc. Agreed with above it's almost always young (20s/30s) couples. Rarely kids.

Personally I don't see them as taking tickets from other fans but would be interested to know exactly how they all get allocated. They never cause any aggro. The South Korean flags are as much a part of the stadium on matchday as Rainham Steel and Enfield Co-Op advertising boards were in the 90s. Incidently when I first started going you got loads of groups of Norweigen tourists, mostly due to Erik Thortsvedt I believe.
How easy is it for tourists to get tickets?

Back
Top Bottom