New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not correct.

Back in August Spurs were expecting to get into the stadium in mid September, then Mace dropped the bombshell that contractors(s) working on the 'critical safety systems had informed them that they had found serious faults that meant that the September date could not be met and no new date for completion could be given.

Spurs put out an announcement with that information re-locating a number of games to Wembley.

So it was never said 'back in August was due to take a month to fix'

Thanks for that. Unlike you I’m not that invested in this build.

My point. There’s (been) some big problems there. And a stadium due to see its first game in September is now sitting empty almost into March.

Thanks for that. Unlike you I’m not that invested in this build.

My point. There’s (been) some big problems there. And a stadium due to see its first game in September is now sitting empty almost into March.

The bit I've highlighted is undeniable.

If I was Levy I'd be spitting feathers as much or more as any frustrated fan, and the delay is despite years of planning and hiring in some very big contractors (Tyco who seem to be providing the fire alarm system is a billion pound business and part of an even bigger multi billion pound/dollar group) for whom NWHL may be a big project but should be just another big contract that they do many of each year. Yet somewhere there's a big balls up which has taken months to unravel and rectify.

image.php

Last few cladding panels seem to be going on to the East Stand.

So pretty much nothing more to see on the external build. Just these pesky 'critical safety systems' holding up our return home !
Special mention for the SkyScraperCity members who are running a panel by panel countdown.

Still no announcements on test events. I have a horrible fealing that there waiting to tell us bad news until after the Woolwich game.

This is based on fuck all like every one else here but it has gone awfully quiet and we are running out of time to secure an early April opening. Hopefully we'll got some coms soon.

Change the fucking record!!

Been told the first test event is March 16th, youth game!!! The 2nd should be 30th March, although there is a caveat to this due to of the uncertainty of the Brighton FA Cup game.

All being well we are all go for April (just the outcome of the Brighton game creating a bit of uncertainty)

Right now this is the single most important thing for our season, for the fans, chairman, manager and a lot of the players... The title is gone (was never realistically there), we need CL and a summer of Poch splashing the cash. This is the catalysts but at the moment it's the weight on our shoulders – a very fine line...

Back
Top Bottom