New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

uVnWFT3.jpg

More fans than the OS
That looks like an early test event.

Still no announcements on test events. I have a horrible fealing that there waiting to tell us bad news until after the Woolwich game.

This is based on fuck all like every one else here but it has gone awfully quiet and we are running out of time to secure an early April opening. Hopefully we'll got some coms soon.

Last edited:
Still no announcements on test events. I have a horrible fealing that there waiting to tell us bad news until after the Woolwich game.

This is based on fuck all like every one else here but has gone awfully quiet and we are running out of time to. Secure an early April opening. Hopefully we'll got some coms soon.
Can't announce a single thing until it's signed off, which has been the case for months, nothing has changed in that regard Paddy.

Can't announce a single thing until it's signed off, which has been the case for months, nothing has changed in that regard Paddy.
I know I just got an horrible fealing that after charging top dollor for the scum. They're going to announce a discounted round for the Last round of home games all Wembley based which they were keen to separate from the Woolwich game sale.

This is based on nothing but speculation but I thought top price for Woolwich was a bit cuntish but I was mug enough to buy.

image.php

Last few cladding panels seem to be going on to the East Stand.

So pretty much nothing more to see on the external build. Just these pesky 'critical safety systems' holding up our return home !

image.php

Last few cladding panels seem to be going on to the East Stand.

So pretty much nothing more to see on the external build. Just these pesky 'critical safety systems' holding up our return home !

If we can get in this season it will make a big difference goin into next season. People will feel good about it, the manager, players, supporters etc will get a taster for what's to come + that attitude other teams will come with to make it as hard for us as possible in our opening games would have faded by then.

You just know the first team or two we play will get extra motivation to fuck us so I'd rather that happens this season and we can go into next year without the hoopla of its opening games attention. We've had enough attention surrounding our club away from what the first XI are doing with the World Cup, Kane's WC Golden Boot credentials, a lack of pre season training, no signings, stadium delays, conspiracy theories about Levy scamming season ticket money, further stadium delays etc it really has been a barmy year. Get in, even if it's just for one game and let's draw a line under any other carnival goings on so we can just focus on football next season

I know I just got an horrible fealing that after charging top dollor for the scum. They're going to announce a discounted round for the Last round of home games all Wembley based which they were keen to separate from the Woolwich game sale.

This is based on nothing but speculation but I thought top price for Woolwich was a bit cuntish but I was mug enough to buy.
The Woolwich game is the biggest game of the season and unfortunately, that will always be reflected in the pricing whether it's at Wembley, new Stadium or Timbuktu.

At this point no news is good news. I’m not going to be surprised whatever the news is.

Would just be great to get in there this season.
Knowing we have a free weekend coming up a smaller test event could be arranged pretty quickly I guess.

At this point no news is good news. I’m not going to be surprised whatever the news is.

Would just be great to get in there this season.
Knowing we have a free weekend coming up a smaller test event could be arranged pretty quickly I guess.
We are losing money not being in the new stadium (or it's costing us money not being in the new stadium). Poch wants us in the new stadium because Wembley is now half empty and the atmosphere is not conducive to optimal performance. Rest assured when approval has been given we will be playing at the new stadium this season (if authorities allow us to).

We are losing money not being in the new stadium (or it's costing us money not being in the new stadium). Poch wants us in the new stadium because Wembley is now half empty and the atmosphere is not conducive to optimal performance. Rest assured when approval has been given we will be playing at the new stadium this season (if authorities allow us to).

Yeah I’m aware of all of that.

It’s more that a problem that back in August was due to take a month to fix is now closer to 8.
So I’m not going to be surprised if I hear they still haven’t fixed it.

Just hoping for good news these days. Literally nothing else we can do as supporters.

It’s more that a problem that back in August was due to take a month to fix is now closer to 8.

Just hoping for good news these days. Literally, nothing else we can do as supporters.
Yep. As far as I can see it's ready to hold a football match, to the eye and based off the knowledge of what was the original plan, it's more "finished/complete" that it was even supposed to be. Unfortunately, the bit(s) of paper needed is invisible red tape.

But it's good to see that visibly everything is good to go.

Just hoping for good news these days. Literally nothing else we can do as supporters.

Not correct.

Back in August Spurs were expecting to get into the stadium in mid September, then Mace dropped the bombshell that contractors(s) working on the 'critical safety systems had informed them that they had found serious faults that meant that the September date could not be met and no new date for completion could be given.

Spurs put out an announcement with that information re-locating a number of games to Wembley.

So it was never said 'back in August was due to take a month to fix'

Back
Top Bottom