New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope you are right, however I fear more will close before the stadium is even open. There aren't too many business in the World that can operate with zero revenue for an entire year. Those like The Annie, who are used by the community on off match days are set well to continue. The Bill Nic is only open on match days anyway as there is no custom on non-match days. The year that we are away from the Lane is going to be a massive test for the businesses around the stadium, only those that have an income from non-matchdays stand to survive.
How about just "White Hart Lane" sponsored by Nike. Gives us the best of both worlds

I hope you are right, however I fear more will close before the stadium is even open. There aren't too many business in the World that can operate with zero revenue for an entire year. Those like The Annie, who are used by the community on off match days are set well to continue. The Bill Nic is only open on match days anyway as there is no custom on non-match days. The year that we are away from the Lane is going to be a massive test for the businesses around the stadium, only those that have an income from non-matchdays stand to survive.

One bit of hope for Tottenham is more and more young people moving up there due to the cheaper rents. You may just see pubs become a bit more hipster friendly to keep them going on non matchdays. Much like the Beehive has

tumblr_mxsdnu4f9N1qfas8oo1_500.gif

tumblr_n291jqRwfp1qdci9xo1_500.gif

One bit of hope for Tottenham is more and more young people moving up there due to the cheaper rents. You may just see pubs become a bit more hipster friendly to keep them going on non matchdays. Much like the Beehive has
Agree, but feel there will be a decline in the high road before things pick back up. All the 'long term" aspects for Tottenham are very positive. But just as any rejuvenated inner city area there is collateral damage, it just depends on what side of the fence you are on to determine if it's positive or not. But the short term outlook (next 1/2 years) is grim. At that is where the money is made, existing business fails, new one comes swoops in taking advantage of business in trouble.

Interesting! No citation though... Can anyone who knows how Wikipedia works do some detective work with the edit history?
Went through the wikipedia history to find when this change was made... I found:

"This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Wikiguru001 (talk | contribs) at 00:36, 4 November 2016" for the first instance of our capacity including the two Wembley figures.

Who is 'Wikiguru001'? No idea, but here's a page of the changes he's made on wikipedia:

User contributions for Wikiguru001 - Wikipedia

In conclusion, general football fan. Unlikely to be a Spurs insider, but you never know.

Hello!!

But these are the most exclusive premium options and the average punter is likely to be more excited by the fact that Spurs’ new home will include the longest general admission bar in a UK stadium at 86.8 metres.

Back
Top Bottom