New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're bang on about the 1882 seats. They've gotten so much right about the stadium build (which I don't want to ignore for one second) but it's a blot for sure.

That South Stand should be a wall of the Spurs faithful, but those premium seats run a serious risk of either an empty-ish patch in the centre (especially for lower profile games) or bemused punters sat in 1882 who got the tickets from their business etc and won't match the rowdy atmosphere above and below them.

And finally, it's practically insulting to call them '1882' seats given it's the antithesis of the movement TFC were trying to do.

I think calling that part of the stadium 1882 is a real smack in the face to the 1882 movement. It's almost as if the club have taken information and activity from the fans onboard and taken the pieces they like/ maximises revenue and fucked the other stuff off. Quite a lot of take and no give at the moment, we aren't customers we're the thing that keeps the club going and if the club think they can get away with that should it be the case, they run the risk of intelligent yet passionate fans voting with their feet.

The 1882 movement should be the heartbeat of atmosphere, the stadium is perfectly geared for it. Instead of taking that Jewell on board they've scrimped a few more quid out of the situation which will probably hinder the club long term. A huge shame but not something the club can't amend when they realise they've fucked up shoukd this be the case

Last edited:
In one way or another, the club really aren't helping themselves re relationship with the fans at the moment.

Making no signings is one thing, but if these rumours turn out to be true it will be an absolutely spectacular PR own goal.

I for one have no interest in going to Wembley any more, and I'm sure there are many more who feel the same, and I'll be asking for money back for my membership if we end up playing there half the season. Can see a fair few attendances in the 20k level or even worse too, as is looking likely the case for Fulham.

Thank god for them we are still competitive on the pitch, otherwise we could have been looking at West Ham-style levels of implosion from the fans.

Do you not think it's possible that the two are linked?

Also, this really isn't the time to lose your shit, the club needs actual support at this time - and that means people showing up and giving the team a boost, not sulking because we didn't sign anyone.

In one way or another, the club really aren't helping themselves re relationship with the fans at the moment.

Making no signings is one thing, but if these rumours turn out to be true it will be an absolutely spectacular PR own goal.

I for one have no interest in going to Wembley any more, and I'm sure there are many more who feel the same, and I'll be asking for money back for my membership if we end up playing there half the season. Can see a fair few attendances in the 20k level or even worse too, as is looking likely the case for Fulham.

Thank god for them we are still competitive on the pitch, otherwise we could have been looking at West Ham-style levels of implosion from the fans.
It doesn't feel like it needs to be this way, either, which is such a shame because we have so much to be spectacularly positive about this season and fans feeling like they're being fibbed to/not kept in the loop will undermine it.

There's being loyal and there's not allowing yourself to get the piss taken out of you. The club are walking a tightrope for the last few months with season ticket prices, PR talk, a lack of activity in the market &a what I perceive as a genuine distinterest in fan opinion. It could very easily backfire if they don't gain success based on all the decisions they've chosen to make under all of the circumstances. Time will tell but they've put themselves unnecessarily in my eyes under fans microscopes at a time where the club should be euphoric & unanimously joyous at the prospect of entering our new home. I don't and won't blame them for build delays. Safety first and all that but if they knew the stadium had a chance of not being open in time and still pushed the Liverpool date as vehemently as they did, I'll back the claim the club haven't got a leg to stand on when it comes to fan/ club relations being shat on

Neil Ashton claims the scalps of more Spurs fans.

Why don't you wait and see what the club say? Why do you believe without question what the S*n and Ashton report? You know what with their track records and all that.
It actually says that we "intend not to play any more games past Fulham's game at Wembley".

I was always under the impression that Neil Ashton was a bit of a wanker?

Spurs agree secret deal with FA to stay at Wembley until the New Year

Could this be a case of monumental shit stirring?

Monumental lack of brain power shown to shit stir.

The club have advertised 4 events as Test Events over the next 3 weeks which are necessary to get approval for the stadium to hold football matches.

Until the test events have happened and Spurs are given the necessary approval that the ground is safe there can be no certainty that the approval will be given.

That's why, as a contingency they have a deal to use Wembley in case they do not get permission - on the basis of no knowledge I'd be very surprised if Spurs have publically sold tickets for the Liverpool game if they thought there was any real likelihood the game would need to be moved to Wembley. Lets call it a 1% chance.

Monumental lack of brain power shown to shit stir.

The club have advertised 4 events as Test Events over the next 3 weeks which are necessary to get approval for the stadium to hold football matches.

Until the test events have happened and Spurs are given the necessary approval that the ground is safe there can be no certainty that the approval will be given.

That's why, as a contingency they have a deal to use Wembley in case they do not get permission - on the basis of no knowledge I'd be very surprised if Spurs have publically sold tickets for the Liverpool game if they thought there was any real likelihood the game would need to be moved to Wembley. Lets call it a 1% chance.

Liverpool tickets aren't on sale yet are they?

There's being loyal and there's not allowing yourself to get the piss taken out of you. The club are walking a tightrope for the last few months with season ticket prices, PR talk, a lack of activity in the market &a what I perceive as a genuine distinterest in fan opinion. It could very easily backfire if they don't gain success based on all the decisions they've chosen to make under all of the circumstances. Time will tell but they've put themselves unnecessarily in my eyes under fans microscopes at a time where the club should be euphoric & unanimously joyous at the prospect of entering our new home. I don't and won't blame them for build delays. Safety first and all that but if they knew the stadium had a chance of not being open in time and still pushed the Liverpool date as vehemently as they did, I'll back the claim the club haven't got a leg to stand on when it comes to fan/ club relations being shat on

Well said. If the club is going to treat the supporters like customers, they had better be ready for the implications of that.

Why don't you wait and see what the club say?

The club have been committed to a lack of transparency throughout this process.

Do you not think it's possible that the two are linked?

Also, this really isn't the time to lose your shit, the club needs actual support at this time - and that means people showing up and giving the team a boost, not sulking because we didn't sign anyone.

Same as Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain has alluded to, I'm afraid this would be a step too far for me.

It is one thing to support the club, another to be taken for a ride by the money men. I was fully prepared to put up with Wembley for a season, and totally understand why we had to do so, but it was always with the promise by the club that the new stadium would be ready for at least the majority of this campaign.

The radio silence and the way that we've been treated as supporters has been shocking, and I just can't justify paying more money to go to a soulless Wembley. Even if the club understood the problem and priced sensibly perhaps I'd be tempted, but as soon as I saw the CHEAPEST tickets for Fulham were £40 that did it for me.

I can only hope these rumours are unfounded/exaggerated, but it's not looking good at the moment.

To be completely honest I wouldn’t be surprised if the Liverpool game got moved to Wembley, I know a lot of people like to say it’s shit stirring and that it will be ready on time, but everyone was saying the same before it was announced we had to go back to Wembley for one more game. Truth be told a lot of people working on the site are saying it’s still a little while off, and it does look it.

Well said. If the club is going to treat the supporters like customers, they had better be ready for the implications of that.

The club have been committed to a lack of transparency throughout this process.
They have communicated as much as the possibly can. What do you want from them? They are awaiting the safety certificates following the test events which haven't even been held yet.

Back
Top Bottom