New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

QQgAnAS.jpg

Nope.
Now imagine standing there while the South Stand is bouncing underneath you.

glassjp.gif

tumblr_nptyvcyqRh1tuyf8ho3_r1_250.gif

Rumours are going around that it won't be ready for the Liverpool game.

I have been seeing a few Twitter spats to the same effect.
Just going to put this out there...

If the stadium did get delayed for a further game, is it the worst thing that we'd definitely avoid the risk of Liverpool beating us in our new stadium debut? (Something that tyre fire of a fanbase would use against us constantly because they're tragic?)

I know the upside to the fixture is the chance to smash the scouse bastards, but still...

Looking at the fixture list, the next 'home' game would be Cardiff in October. I guess that doesn't really have the same prestige, does it?

Hey, delay it a further two games and we have Man City at home.
:adegrin2:

One is tempted to wonder whether getting the FA to agree to one game at Wembley wasn't a bit of getting our foot in the door to expand to more later. Three or four home games might have tempted them to force us to delay another season, but one game is a reasonable ask. And now they've already waived the one stadium per season requirement.

"Easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission" as they say.

Doesn't that just sound like something Levy would do? :levywhoa:

Just going to put this out there...

If the stadium did get delayed for a further game, is it the worst thing that we'd definitely avoid the risk of Liverpool beating us in our new stadium debut? (Something that tyre fire of a fanbase would use against us constantly because they're tragic?)

I know the upside to the fixture is the chance to smash the scouse bastards, but still...

Looking at the fixture list, the next 'home' game would be Cardiff in October. I guess that doesn't really have the same prestige, does it?

Hey, delay it a further two games and we have Man City at home.
:adegrin2:

According to the Sun - we're going to be at Wembley until the new year!!

One is tempted to wonder whether getting the FA to agree to one game at Wembley wasn't a bit of getting our foot in the door to expand to more later. Three or four home games might have tempted them to force us to delay another season, but one game is a reasonable ask. And now they've already waived the one stadium per season requirement.

"Easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission" as they say.

Doesn't that just sound like something Levy would do? :levywhoa:
"Daniel, it's December, we really do feel like you have to move out now-"

"But I don't really feeeeeeeeeeeeel like it."

TV-Slob.jpg

Based on their advertising the first fixture there being Liverpool, I went ahead with buying membership, booked flights and accommodation to go to that game. If it turns out they can't fulfil this, I'll be fucked right off.

A bit of honesty required from the club. Either this is true then tell us an appropriate date. If not squash the rumours.

Based on their advertising the first fixture there being Liverpool, I went ahead with buying membership, booked flights and accommodation to go to that game. If it turns out they can't fulfil this, I'll be fucked right off.

Yeah, the club is handling this horrendously.

It really is as if they're trying to cheekily get away with something.

If the Stadium rumours are true the only blame that can be out at the clubs feet is the promise of the game being ready for Liverpool, ensuring Season Tickets are sold at the complete disregard of fans who are spending their hard earned money on such a promise. If this is true the board really got this wrong, along with their push for the Premium 1882 seats instead of building a fiery cult like atmosphere in the heart of the South Stand. The loyal 1882 following should have been given that area as it would have lit up the ground. Instead it's gone towards caviar eating money men which is the only thing I look at as a complete failure in the decision making process regarding the stadium and it's best interests for Tottenham Hotspur as a football club

If the Stadium rumours are true the only blame that can be out at the clubs feet is the promise of the game being ready for Liverpool, ensuring Season Tickets are sold at the complete disregard of fans who are spending their hard earned money on such a promise. If this is true the board really got this wrong, along with their push for the Premium 1882 seats instead of building a fiery cult like atmosphere in the heart of the South Stand. The loyal 1882 following should have been given that area as it would have lit up the ground. Instead it's gone towards caviar eating money men which is the only thing I look at as a complete failure in the decision making process regarding the stadium and it's best interests for Tottenham Hotspur as a football club
You're bang on about the 1882 seats. They've gotten so much right about the stadium build (which I don't want to ignore for one second) but it's a blot for sure.

That South Stand should be a wall of the Spurs faithful, but those premium seats run a serious risk of either an empty-ish patch in the centre (especially for lower profile games) or bemused punters sat in 1882 who got the tickets from their business etc and won't match the rowdy atmosphere above and below them.

And finally, it's practically insulting to call them '1882' seats given it's the antithesis of the movement TFC were trying to do.

In one way or another, the club really aren't helping themselves re relationship with the fans at the moment.

Making no signings is one thing, but if these rumours turn out to be true it will be an absolutely spectacular PR own goal.

I for one have no interest in going to Wembley any more, and I'm sure there are many more who feel the same, and I'll be asking for money back for my membership if we end up playing there half the season. Can see a fair few attendances in the 20k level or even worse too, as is looking likely the case for Fulham.

Thank god for them we are still competitive on the pitch, otherwise we could have been looking at West Ham-style levels of implosion from the fans.

Back
Top Bottom