New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're at it again!!! Fucking roofers...
ua7TkZH.jpg
Empire State Building:
Il56MyZ.png

Shahid Khan, owner of Fulham and the Jacksonville Jaguars, has put in an offer to buy Wembley. Looks like he wants to move the Jaguars to London, scuppering any plans we have for an NFL franchise.

It shows how serious a London based NFL franchise has now become .... not sure what would happen to Fulham, no way can they fill Wembley and it's doubtful a single same pitch could take NFL and EPL (if Fulham come up)...

but 800m is a chunk of change for the FA not to at least think about it .... maybe he'll buy it and guarantee to lease it back for England games and Cup Finals ....

As it stands though the ground would need some sort or redevelopment as it's not 100% suitable for the NFL, the pitch for one, the existing locker rooms for another.

Also, it probably doesn't need to be quite so big so could see a reduction in seats.

I really hope this doesn't happen.

It shows how serious a London based NFL franchise has now become .... not sure what would happen to Fulham, no way can they fill Wembley and it's doubtful a single same pitch could take NFL and EPL (if Fulham come up)...

but 800m is a chunk of change for the FA not to at least think about it .... maybe he'll buy it and guarantee to lease it back for England games and Cup Finals ....

Fulham are redeveloping Craven Cottage, received this email last week:

Dear Ross,

We first touched base during my time working on Tottenham Hotspur’s New Stadium project.

I’ve since moved on to Fulham FC to deliver the re-development of the iconic Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage.

If you’re interested in discussing any opportunities, either now or in the future, please get in touch using my new details:

He just wants to take the business of the Wembley games and any potential franchise. And I believe the Jaguars were the favourites to come here if it ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom