New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The new stadium will be a breath of fresh air and hopefully restore the optimism in us fans and confidence in our players. Just hope it’s ready in time, can’t wait!

A marquee signing for the first season in the new stadium would be a massive statement.

Just need to get top four now, that’s all that matters this moment in time.
And I think the majority of us on here would have bitten your hand off for that going into the start of this season.

Nah, Wembley is in London, and it holds 60,000 more people than a a tinpot stadium in north Bucks. We are a London club - it makes sense to play in London. We’re not Brighton.
I came around by December mate to be honest, just find it funny the abuse I got before that though from some of the same people now blaming Wembley for our woes, calling the atmosphere shit and who now hate the place..

It matters. Our home record last season proves that. 53 points at home last season compared to 34 this. You’re a bright guy, why would you contest this?
That would be nice (that record next season).
I'm not contesting that record (last year's). I had hope last year.

Now I've seen a mature side, the best of my supporting life, lack interest. Against Juve and Man U we have looked like the also-rans I thought we had left behind. No substance. By the time next season starts, we'll be further diminished. Our support has the character to apologise for our failings at every turn. I expect, in a year, on here the same folk will be telling me that we should be happy with our lot. It was a difficult transition year in a new stadium.

Now I've seen a mature side, the best of my supporting life, lack interest. Against Juve and Man U we have looked like the also-rans I thought we had left behind. No substance. By the time next season starts, we'll be further diminished. Our support has the character to apologise for our failings at every turn. I expect, in a year, on here the same folk will be telling me that we should be happy with our lot. It was a difficult transition year in a new stadium.

Just feck off ..... negative bullshit after negative bullshit ..... no wonder you're so disliked ....

Not 'apologising' for it Sausage, but accepting it with good grace - "we gave our best but didn't win". The alternative is to join them on AFTV with their permanent hissy fits and tantrums and demand 'more investment' or 'better players'.

But, if your argument is that they didn't try hard enough or want it bad enough ("lack interest" as you say), then we're much closer in spirit. Like you, I'd bloody well resent that, given the sacrifices I make to pay for the ST and turn up every week. It's just that I don't see that atm - and as long as they give their all then I will support them.

Anyone know how many ST holder renewed?

Upto 17:00 on 21 April there had been circa 40,000 renewals.

From 19:00 on 21 April there have been 0 renewals, 26,000 requests for refunds, 11 transfer requests, 1 managerial resignation and 37,000 calls to CALM.

:coys:

(( Sorry to not be serious - no reflection on the original question which is of course valid ))

41636197411_d37f10ff26_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom