New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The rollercoaster around the stadium is shaping up nicely...
bdca2dbc6a192ab2250f2041d0a590c3.jpg

West Ham have a trampoline we need to beat them at their own game, a rollercoaster and cheese room is ‘next level’.

Have they considered potential expansion in the next few decades?

I can imagine by 2050s 90-100k seats will be standard stadium capacity for big clubs around Europe.

Average modern stadia last little more than 25-30 years ..... by 2050 this one will probably be knocked down and replaced (or sold in pieces to WH) you can't build a 50% increase into this type of design ......

I know, what a weird thing to say.

Stade de France for example is already over 20 years old but is still one of the best stadiums in all of Europe.

The new Lane is meant to last us a long long time.

Bolton etc I can understand. It’s like saying let’s knock down Wembley in the next 20 years. Imagine the uproar.

London stadium might be knocked down due to poor design.

I know, what a weird thing to say.

Stade de France for example is already over 20 years old but is still one of the best stadiums in all of Europe.

The new Lane is meant to last us a long long time.

The median age of the stadiums replaced in the NFL is now only 31 years .... and the crazy owners over there spend even more money on stadiums than we have .....

FYI - The Stade De France is a pretty terrible football stadium, like all multi-purpose stadiums it's neither one thing or another .... at least new WHL is a proper football stadium first and foremost .....

The question asked was could the capacity be increased by 40,000 and the answer is no ... you would need a new stadium .... should by 2050 we require a 100,000 stadium than it would require a new, new WHL to achieve that ....

The median age of the stadiums replaced in the NFL is now only 31 years .... and the crazy owners over there spend even more money on stadiums than we have .....

FYI - The Stade De France is a pretty terrible football stadium, like all multi-purpose stadiums it's neither one thing or another .... at least new WHL is a proper football stadium first and foremost .....

The question asked was could the capacity be increased by 40,000 and the answer is no ... you would need a new stadium .... should by 2050 we require a 100,000 stadium than it would require a new, new WHL to achieve that ....

In the NFL I thought the owners made the local authorities pay or they threaten to relocate?

Anyway, that's the American model. We do things differently in Europe.

Hello everyone!

Would be great if I could grab your attention for a minute or two.

I am a final year Sport and Social Sciences dissertation researcher from the University of Bath who is undertaking a research study entitled:

More than just a football club? To what extent have processes of Globalisation and Americanisation ‘altered’ the identity of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club through newly forged relationships with the National Football League”

The purpose of the study is to gain further clarity on the latest developments of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in relation to their newly forged relationship with the NFL. There will be a specific interest in exploring the way this may or may not have altered the club’s identity or how the fans identify with the club.

It would be great to have some participants from here who could support me with gathering some research around this topic.

As a participant in this research, you would be asked to partake in a 30-35-minute focus group that will require you to engage and discuss with others, your opinions and thoughts when presented with specific data, questions and materials. The researcher is looking for fans aged 25+ who have attended games fairly regularly (i.e 10+ games a season or season ticket holder past/present)

The potential benefits to taking part in this research project is the opportunity to gain extended information on the developments within 21st century football and an enhanced knowledge on Tottenham Hotspur and the National Football League.

Participants will also entered into a draw to win a £40 gift voucher for Amazon!

The two focus groups will be scheduled to take place between the 5th and the 11th March 2018. Would be great to hear back from some of you as soon as possible so we can arrange a suitable date and time.

If you are indeed interested, please reach out to me on here with your email so I can send you more information.

Many thanks,
Charlie Raven

Back
Top Bottom