New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still very impressed with the (almost) perfect job they've done, something to be really proud about. Quite telling that Nagelsmann (manager of RB Leipzig) in his first reaction after the draw said that he was looking forward to playing in our fantastic stadium.

Still very impressed with the (almost) perfect job they've done, something to be really proud about. Quite telling that Nagelsmann (manager of RB Leipzig) in his first reaction after the draw said that he was looking forward to playing in our fantastic stadium.
Levy paid every manager in football to promote the stadium.

Seriously, though, the amount of unsolicited praise for the stadium is reaching ridiculous proportions.

Translation: we didn't strike when the iron was hot, and I'm too proud to stop the bleeding for less than I could have gotten before.

We have to get rid of this obsession in England of spending money. It just doesn’t happen overseas.

“There is an amount we have allocated to spend each year in terms of net investment in the team. If you compare us to certain other clubs, they will have more money to spend. It doesn’t frighten us.”

*stadium naming rights offers decrease a further 5%*

Quite a few Levy articles today. Some more details on the stadium, delays, etc...

I'm really hoping the club put out a documentary about the stadium process. The new book hopefully will be good.
Luckily big part of the Amazon documentary will be about the stadium and its construction.

I think the idea is to have stadium naming rights for football only. Tottenham Hotspur is a brand to be advertised across the world during NFL games.

The average viewing figures for NFL games are between 15 to 18m. I can’t remember how many games we’re hosting each season, but given most people watching will be fans of one of the two teams, we could be gaining massive exposure to 80m + people every year.

Translation: we didn't strike when the iron was hot, and I'm too proud to stop the bleeding for less than I could have gotten before.
What bleeding? Our revenue and profitability is now through the roof. The increased debt is only an issue insofar as it reflects in the ability to pay and service that debt, which isn't troubling the club according to financials.

I think the idea is to have stadium naming rights for football only. Tottenham Hotspur is a brand to be advertised across the world during NFL games.

The average viewing figures for NFL games are between 15 to 18m. I can’t remember how many games we’re hosting each season, but given most people watching will be fans of one of the two teams, we could be gaining massive exposure to 80m + people every year.
We have a minimum of 2 a season

We have a minimum of 2 a season

Ah ok. So pretty heavy advertising to about 30 to 40 million each year. If you’ve ever watched Handegg the stadium name is mentioned relentlessly. ‘Live...from The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’.

We’ve been targeting the US market heavily for years. I think we’re quite an appealing club to people across the pond. I know Americans have a reputation for being all about ‘2nd place is just 1st loser’, but I think a lot of people love an underdog. Just look at the Boston Red Sox.

What bleeding? Our revenue and profitability is now through the roof. The increased debt is only an issue insofar as it reflects in the ability to pay and service that debt, which isn't troubling the club according to financials.

Every day that goes by is another day in which we aren't collecting the money we could have gotten in a deal a year and a half ago. That's the bleeding.

I would also say that the longer you go with a different name, the less valuable the naming rights become as the existing name becomes a colloquial shorthand, but I actually think they've done very well with "Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" which crowds out "[New] White Hart Lane" while being generic and forgettable in its own right. Credit to them on that piece.

Ah ok. So pretty heavy advertising to about 30 to 40 million each year. If you’ve ever watched Handegg the stadium name is mentioned relentlessly. ‘Live...from The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’.

We’ve been targeting the US market heavily for years. I think we’re quite an appealing club to people across the pond. I know Americans have a reputation for being all about ‘2nd place is just 1st loser’, but I think a lot of people love an underdog. Just look at the Boston Red Sox.
I think American soccer fans who choose to support a Premier League team generally try to find some connection if they can. United/Liverpool/Woolwich have a bit of an upper hand, especially with the 40+ crowd, because they were on TV a lot back when international soccer was rare on American TV. Now, it’s much easier to support a club from abroad, and newer fans tend to lean towards attractive upstarts or historically successful clubs that may not be front runners.

The support in the States for Spurs in the last 10 years has probably grown more than any other club in Europe for that reason, but there is still plenty of opportunity, and our relationship with the NFL will help that growth continue. Being in London is a huge plus as well.

Red Sox have had a top 5 opening day payroll every season this century and have won 4 titles in 15 years. They're only an underdog to their propaganda machine.

I will die happy if I see a Glenn and Chris reunion concert at the new stadium.

Ideally supported by New Order with Barnes the rapper. They can sing some of their other songs apart from the football one I guess.

With a special appearance by the 81 side doing Ossie’s dream as a finale

Make it happen Daniel!!!!

(clearly missed my calling as a concert promoter).

Well if Gazza & Lindisfarne are not top of the bill you can count me out. :gazza:

Call yourself a promoter! :pochunimpressed:

Since the new stadium, I have been using Seven Sisters. I used WHL station with old stadium. It's taking me a good 40 mins from leaving the stadium to get onto the tube, including the walk.
For people who are using WHL station: How long does it take from leaving the stadium to get onto the train going to Liverpool street?

I am asking because my last train from Marylebone station is at 11.25pm for mid week kick offs and nearly missed the train on one occasion.

i have exactly the same journey back after games and my last train from Marylebone is 11.10pm, I leave ny seat in the South Stand at full time or just before and get the overground to 7 sisters and then the tube as you describe, never had a problem. I do wish they would put more frequent overground trains on though, post match, if you miss one you have to wait for something like 20 minutes for the next

I don’t follow baseball. I was just going on the general surprise featured in ‘Lost’ over a decade ago.
Crazy to think Lost was so long ago now, and how much everything has changed. That show completely captivated its audience and spawned all those message boards dedicated to deciphering it, etc. Last true "water cooler" television drama.

Not bad for a throw away pilot that only got greenlit because other shows fell through. The first season will always be the best to me, which is impressive as the writers were literally writing the scripts as they filmed week to week. Think it lost something after that, no pun intended, as they over-wrote the show and made it stupendously complicated...a decision that, I think, was an overreaction to those aforementioned message boards.

Back
Top Bottom