New Stadium

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

How on earth would you exclusively hire construction workers on a London-based project who support football teams that aren't rivals of Tottenham?
I think it's more to do with the fact that with us not relocating, the need to get it done quickly overtook the need for quality assurance. It is what it is but it seems a few that got paid for their professionalism acted with very little of it. It was bound to happen, cest la vie

chubbs

Supporter
.........VAR is OURS........ It's Clear & Obvious
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'm new here...

Q. How long would you experts say it takes to fully develop 'home advantage' at a new stadium? Or is it there from Day 1?

Register to remove

Q. How long would you experts say it takes to fully develop 'home advantage' at a new stadium? Or is it there from Day 1?
An unanswerable question in my view.

A lot of the "experts" were saying it would be a disadvantage and we should have waited till the start of next season to move in.
They were proved wrong IMV.

Although I hate to say it, it might be a good thing that we lost to Spam at NWHL.
It gets that "first team to win at NWHL" monkey off our backs.

An unanswerable question in my view.

A lot of the "experts" were saying it would be a disadvantage and we should have waited till the start of next season to move in.
They were proved wrong IMV.

Although I hate to say it, it might be a good thing that we lost to Spam at NWHL.
It gets that "first team to win at NWHL" monkey off our backs.
I agree with that.Just wish it could have been someone else...

How on earth would you exclusively hire construction workers on a London-based project who support football teams that aren't rivals of Tottenham?
You can't, but

I've heard Levy cut corners with that particular contractor. A German one that was top notch would have cost £18m more, but would probably have been a feck of a site better at management and quality assurance.

And there's a big difference between something silly like burying a Spam shirt under the centre circle and deliberate sabotage of the electrics just before they're cemented in.

Mind you, the Spurs shirt under the half way line at the Scumirates has been pretty good so far

:gallashmm:

Mind you, the Spurs shirt under the half way line at the Scumirates has been pretty good so far

:gallashmm:
Fella in my local worked on the H& S for the Emirates.
He reckons there were loads of shirts ,not just spurs buried at various places in the ground.Its par for the course i reckon.
He once got a photo done for a Gooner in the pub,this was just before completion,proper picture framed up.The photo had loads of red dots all over it.
The bloke asked what the red dots were,my mate replied " That's all the places i've have had a shit".

Fella in my local worked on the H& S for the Emirates.
He reckons there were loads of shirts ,not just spurs buried at various places in the ground.Its par for the course i reckon.
He once got a photo done for a Gooner in the pub,this was just before completion,proper picture framed up.The photo had loads of red dots all over it.
The bloke asked what the red dots were,my mate replied " That's all the places i've have had a shit".
He should probably see a doctor if his shit is red.

This popped up on my LinkedIn today, I enviously follow the new stadium's structural engineers. Cool section cut through the structural model of NWHL...what I wouldn't give to get my hands on that file!

I don't think it's been established consistently just yet, but it's my genuine belief that if we weren't at the new stadium then we wouldn't have won the first leg against Man City 1-0.

So for me, it took two games to have an effect.

chubbs

Supporter
I don't think it's been established consistently just yet, but it's my genuine belief that if we weren't at the new stadium then we wouldn't have won the first leg against Man City 1-0.

So for me, it took two games to have an effect.
Yes. I too believe that 'home advantage' pays dividends very quickly. From my own limited sporting experience it's psychological as much as anything and it's there from day 1, so for a Premiership player, with thousands of supporters behind him, it should be magnified. But, as I said, I'm not the expert, hence the question.

Don’t we already have rail seating in the South Lower?

Now every other PL club will be building a single tier stand. Making those soulless bowls that are the death star and rented athletics stadium pretty outdated and obsolete.

Now every other PL club will be building a single tier stand. Making those soulless bowls that are the death star and rented athletics stadium pretty outdated and obsolete.
Looks pretty darned cool.

:adethumbup:

chubbs

Supporter

Looks like yellow lego.

Register to remove

Top Bottom