New Stadium

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

Noticed this in the Marketplace pre-game. It was loud and a good atmosphere, lots of singing. Stewards held back people coming in which you can understand cos it was rammed. But then another group of stewards turned up, physically bigger and quite clearly there to remove some individuals. Really not sure what they did to deserve to be removed, a bit of beer was being splashed around on the Allez allez chorus, but was an over reaction to remove those few supporters they did. Could have turned a bit nasty.

Quite honestly, the way this lot of stewards waded in and confronted people was over the top and it was quite sad to see, when clearly it was a party atmosphere and people were enjoying themselves.
I know I’m a few days late on this, and sorry to bring it up again. But I was in on that and just wanted to say a couple things. (A) that kid who was on someone’s shoulders was a legend! I understand why they had to ask for him to not be on someone’s shoulders, but I’m glad they let him be up for a few songs and enjoy it as well! (B) at least one of the stewards was a little sheepish in toning things down. He was genuinely enjoying the atmosphere I think, and it was the beer throwing that they had to roll in and get out. He was talking with some guys, smiling and not a prick at all.

I was in the middle at one point and it was glorious, but truthfully I didn’t want to be covered in beer either. That’s the risk you take of course, and I knew that going in, but given the choice I’d stay dry. Anyway, just saying that I thought the stewards did fine down there.

Fella in my local worked on the H& S for the Emirates.
He reckons there were loads of shirts ,not just spurs buried at various places in the ground.Its par for the course i reckon.
He once got a photo done for a Gooner in the pub,this was just before completion,proper picture framed up.The photo had loads of red dots all over it.
The bloke asked what the red dots were,my mate replied " That's all the places i've have had a shit".
Can confirm this 100%, my best mate had two contracts at the Emirates (plumbing) when being built, if a shirt/scarf/banner could fit into a hole or crack then that's where one was stuffed. At every phase of construction, from piling to painting workers left their mark.

Register to remove

I know I’m a few days late on this, and sorry to bring it up again. But I was in on that and just wanted to say a couple things. (A) that kid who was on someone’s shoulders was a legend! I understand why they had to ask for him to not be on someone’s shoulders, but I’m glad they let him be up for a few songs and enjoy it as well! (B) at least one of the stewards was a little sheepish in toning things down. He was genuinely enjoying the atmosphere I think, and it was the beer throwing that they had to roll in and get out. He was talking with some guys, smiling and not a prick at all.

I was in the middle at one point and it was glorious, but truthfully I didn’t want to be covered in beer either. That’s the risk you take of course, and I knew that going in, but given the choice I’d stay dry. Anyway, just saying that I thought the stewards did fine down there.
Oh way oh way oh way....

Totti

Chess extraordinaire
Don’t we already have rail seating in the South Lower?

Now every other PL club will be building a single tier stand. Making those soulless bowls that are the death star and rented athletics stadium pretty outdated and obsolete.
We do.

Wolves would be the first team to install it in an existing stadium.

Why hasn't it got the NFL pitch markings already ?
It's not as if there going to get washed away by rain/wear.
Potentially NFL isn't going to be the first event on it? I know they're apparently not doing concerts this summer because they want to finish a bit of remaining work. But there could still be something between August and October, or they might even have it out for the CL final since they're putting screens on the pitch that could potentially damage the grass I guess.

Potentially NFL isn't going to be the first event on it? I know they're apparently not doing concerts this summer because they want to finish a bit of remaining work. But there could still be something between August and October, or they might even have it out for the CL final since they're putting screens on the pitch that could potentially damage the grass I guess.
Yes, I get all that but they've put the NFL logo on it and the white band around the pitch, as it's astro why not put all the markings on ?

It's no big deal, just a thought I had.

Register to remove

Top Bottom