New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to see what more any ticketing firm could have done in advance, the system is designed to handle the level of demand anticipate at a 62,000 stadium, for any 'normal' game I'm pretty sure even with the dastardly wheel-of-death it will cope fairly well ... but these aren't normal games. The system couldn't even keep up with the number off logon attempts, these reached over 250,000 in the two hours prior to tickets going on sale. Now whilst many of these would be repeat attempts, or indeed people using multiple devices, it's still ridiculously above the maximum ever anticipated ... and in truth as the system constantly fell over who knows what the true number off attempts actually was.

There's learning to be had, 70,000 members does not equal a maximum of 70,000 logons, lesson learned. The system will be improved to allow more people into the logon queue, that should in real time massively reduce logon attempts as people will no longer keep refreshing, or keep 3 or 4 platforms attempting to logon at once, why bother once you are into the wheel? that's the theory anyway. No point trying to logon more than once as any membership number will only be active once at any given time.

The good news is there are logon super systems that exist these are used for concerts and festivals where 1m logons an hour are not at all unusual, moves are already in place to see if we can access that tech quickly.

At the end off the day despite the huge demand the system processed all sales in less than an hour from 10 am, so it did it's job. It just didn't do it in a very customer friendly way.

The complaint coming out the most seems to be about priority, should all members have been ranked on points? In hindsight the answer is probably yes, points or length of time on the list, however penalizing members who didn't go to Wembley? that wasn't something the club felt it should do.

The belief is that regrettably for the last few games of this season things won't get much better, demand will hopefully remain massive, and despite any quick fixes, it will remain a first-come-first-served system which will still be a bit torturous.

To put things into perspective, in terms of pure numbers it should be easier to get a ticket in a 62,000 stadium than in a 36,000 stadium ... if not then it's because we're doing well, I guess that's one of the penalties of success so let's hope we have to learn to cope with it.

Maximum 7k tickets available for members.

Every Spurs fan who isn’t a season ticket holder who could get there, would want to go to this game.

If the ticketing system was able to work quicker think we could have sold out in 5 minutes tbh.

This is a historic moment for the club after all.
The trust says there are 9-10k of tickets for members. Which is clearly bollocks.

Point is. Fans who have been to Wembley for the last 18 months are no better off than some bloke who picked up a membership 2 weeks ago.

Everyone having 19 browsers open fucks it up for themselves and everyone else. Seatbooker was much better. Membership is now virtually pointless, but it’s an earner for the club so they have to push its viability. They really couldn’t give a fuck though. Sign of the times.

It will become more relevant when we’re scuffing about in 6th, but then the JCL’s won’t want to go and you’d get in on general sale anyway. Save your nifties kids - stick it to the man.

(If you’re prepared to pay the £3.50 per ticket booking fee). Support the revolution. :memeokay:

Last edited:
Nice post on Red Cafe. I agree with what is being said. Fans make atmosphere, not the stadium. As one poster in this thread said, the crowd is all middle aged white men.

Looks impressive but seems to be aimed at everything that is wrong with football these days....

'What you doing this weekend Balthazar?'
'Oh nothing really love, just taking some potential clients to the WOW stadium. We will grab some caviar, wash that down with some Don Perignon. Spend an hour in the boardroom whilst we thrash out a deal. Then we might take our seats for the game'

Its ridiculous.

And people wonder why clubs loose their atmosphere when they move to new stadiums.... Its cock all about acoustics, hell i think we live in a world now where stadiums are designed to optimize this kind of thing, especially compared to 100 years ago.
Its because STEVE, the real fan, who would shout, scream, go mental, swear and get lairy has his MOT due so isn't going out this month. He is stressing out in his council home trying to get a decent stream on his 2mps broadband which buffers every 28 seconds.
All while Balthazar tries to strike his business deal before stopping off at the brass house before going home to his wife.... Or does the WOW stadium have one of those too.

I take it you are in favour of of ethnically cleansing our crowd? Or maybe a bit of euthanasia?

More ageist bollocks. I'm white and middle aged and been attending games for 47 years but you are saying I no longer fit the right profile.

I take it you are in favour of of ethnically cleansing our crowd? Or maybe a bit of euthanasia?

More ageist bollocks. I'm white and middle aged and been attending games for 47 years but you are saying I no longer fit the right profile.
He’s quoting posts from Red Cafe where the poster can’t spell ‘lose’. Instant ban imo. It would appear that VoiceOfThePoshSeats VoiceOfThePoshSeats isn’t that posh at all.

Which I suspected.

With apologies to Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 who also can’t spell ‘lose’ and thereby invalidates all his fascinating posts on our wonderful club.

Our lone semi-moderator should come down hard on these people.

Last edited:
Nice post on Red Cafe. I agree with what is being said. Fans make atmosphere, not the stadium. As one poster in this thread said, the crowd is all middle aged white men.

Looks impressive but seems to be aimed at everything that is wrong with football these days....

'What you doing this weekend Balthazar?'
'Oh nothing really love, just taking some potential clients to the WOW stadium. We will grab some caviar, wash that down with some Don Perignon. Spend an hour in the boardroom whilst we thrash out a deal. Then we might take our seats for the game'

Its ridiculous.

And people wonder why clubs loose their atmosphere when they move to new stadiums.... Its cock all about acoustics, hell i think we live in a world now where stadiums are designed to optimize this kind of thing, especially compared to 100 years ago.
Its because STEVE, the real fan, who would shout, scream, go mental, swear and get lairy has his MOT due so isn't going out this month. He is stressing out in his council home trying to get a decent stream on his 2mps broadband which buffers every 28 seconds.
All while Balthazar tries to strike his business deal before stopping off at the brass house before going home to his wife.... Or does the WOW stadium have one of those too.
Living in Manchester sounds fun.....

Hello fellas, might be a dumb question to ask but still worth a try. I am travelling all the way from Germany and visit London on Wednesday and Thursday. Therefore I would love to visit the new stadium (Spurs has always be my number one club). My question is now: Is there any possibility to get tickets (knowing they will be expensive af)? If yes, try my luck in front of the stadium? Will be happy for any helpful advise.

#COYS

Is the actual bricks and mortar ticket office open yet? In years gone past I’ve always gone down to queue up for high profile games. Takes away all this stress.

Hello fellas, might be a dumb question to ask but still worth a try. I am travelling all the way from Germany and visit London on Wednesday and Thursday. Therefore I would love to visit the new stadium (Spurs has always be my number one club). My question is now: Is there any possibility to get tickets (knowing they will be expensive af)? If yes, try my luck in front of the stadium? Will be happy for any helpful advise.

#COYS

There were Premium tickets going for £210 yesterday. Food, drink, padded seats & a Legend at the game etc.

I can give you the @ if you need it but i don't know the fella and therefore cannot vouch for him.

There were Premium tickets going for £210 yesterday. Food, drink, padded seats & a Legend at the game etc.

I can give you the @ if you need it but i don't know the fella and therefore cannot vouch for him.

Sounds like the "worst case" for me because I want to watch a Premier League from the stand. What would be a "fair" price to pay for a normal ticket and when would it be scam?

Sounds like the "worst case" for me because I want to watch a Premier League from the stand. What would be a "fair" price to pay for a normal ticket and when would it be scam?

£209?

:lamelashock:

(they are in a stand i believe - North East Corner from memory).

Edit -
XjFhEiJq.jpg:large

Hard to see what more any ticketing firm could have done in advance, the system is designed to handle the level of demand anticipate at a 62,000 stadium, for any 'normal' game I'm pretty sure even with the dastardly wheel-of-death it will cope fairly well ... but these aren't normal games. The system couldn't even keep up with the number off logon attempts, these reached over 250,000 in the two hours prior to tickets going on sale. Now whilst many of these would be repeat attempts, or indeed people using multiple devices, it's still ridiculously above the maximum ever anticipated ... and in truth as the system constantly fell over who knows what the true number off attempts actually was.

There's learning to be had, 70,000 members does not equal a maximum of 70,000 logons, lesson learned. The system will be improved to allow more people into the logon queue, that should in real time massively reduce logon attempts as people will no longer keep refreshing, or keep 3 or 4 platforms attempting to logon at once, why bother once you are into the wheel? that's the theory anyway. No point trying to logon more than once as any membership number will only be active once at any given time.

The good news is there are logon super systems that exist these are used for concerts and festivals where 1m logons an hour are not at all unusual, moves are already in place to see if we can access that tech quickly.

At the end off the day despite the huge demand the system processed all sales in less than an hour from 10 am, so it did it's job. It just didn't do it in a very customer friendly way.

The complaint coming out the most seems to be about priority, should all members have been ranked on points? In hindsight the answer is probably yes, points or length of time on the list, however penalizing members who didn't go to Wembley? that wasn't something the club felt it should do.

The belief is that regrettably for the last few games of this season things won't get much better, demand will hopefully remain massive, and despite any quick fixes, it will remain a first-come-first-served system which will still be a bit torturous.

To put things into perspective, in terms of pure numbers it should be easier to get a ticket in a 62,000 stadium than in a 36,000 stadium ... if not then it's because we're doing well, I guess that's one of the penalties of success so let's hope we have to learn to cope with it.
Is any of this based on fact? You write as though you're some kind of authority on this subject with inside knowledge of how the ticket sales panned out this week, but as far as I'm aware you're nothing to do with the club, other than being a fan who is based in a different continent?

Face value (or less). That's the only fair price. Anything else is touting. And I hate touts. :lamelaaghh:

Anyone charging above face value for a ticket is depriving one of the disappointed loyal supporters who couldn't get a ticket in the official sale yesterday of the chance to see the opening match.

Last edited:
Is the actual bricks and mortar ticket office open yet? In years gone past I’ve always gone down to queue up for high profile games. Takes away all this stress.

Pretty sure it is, yeah. It's the new copper building.

But not the one on Park Lane... Not sure what they're planning to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom