New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stands seem to be towering over the pitch in some of those pictures. Imposing and intimate at the same time. Really an architectural achievement and seems to retain the spirit of WHL.

Annoys me a bit that Southampton didn't play in their traditional home colours - it's a showpiece game that will be photographed more than nearly any game they play in.
This drives me batty. No one wants this outside of UEFA so that the teams look more “distinct” on TV. As if it matter in the age of HDTV.

The one year where Spurs wore their change kit in the NLD...

:dembelefingers:

Would like to hear from the players on how the pitch felt. I know the first team has trained on these trays at the training ground before, but it would still be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Oh deary me...

These comments are all weird to me. No one seems to be more ashamed of the Emirates than Woolwich supporters.

Most fans I’ve seen have said it looks great but I wouldn’t trade it for <insert current home stadium>, which at least makes sense to have pride in your club.

But no one has ever encouraged Woolwich supporters of being logical.

West Ham mate of mine said that whilst the inside looks like the best stadium in the country (must have been hard for him to say that) he thinks the outside is disgusting. Not sure if I see it through Tottenham eyes but I love the look of the outside.

Reckon he was just being a shit. How dare you slag off my baby!!!

West Ham mate of mine said that whilst the inside looks like the best stadium in the country (must have been hard for him to say that) he thinks the outside is disgusting. Not sure if I see it through Tottenham eyes but I love the look of the outside.

Reckon he was just being a shit. How dare you slag off my baby!!!
The cladding has always been controversial. Atmosphere inside is more important in any case.

The cladding has always been controversial. Atmosphere inside is more important in any case.

Agreed, I just think the outside has a fair old amount of character because of the cladding. Each to their own and all that, the thing I love most is how close the camera angles show the crowd to be at either end of the pitch and how steep it seems.

We literally look closer to the goals than any new build I've seen. levy deserves so much praise for that alone

One thing that’s disappointing is that we don’t have 15m between the stands behind the goals and the pitch. Now where will we wave our giant flags? We may accidentally hit a spectator.

:vert:

Back
Top Bottom