New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Almost 200k members.
But test event tickets are still available....... to members for who this presents the best chance to get to see the new stadium.

I was 68k on the waiting list and got an ST at Wembley. When we had 20k to sell........
And I only became a member again in the December before we went to Wembley.

The waiting list is pretty much bollocks tbh.
But looks good on paper.

My nephew got offered one at the new stadium last March.
He was about 38k on the list at the time.

True but it means £8.8mn in revenue (176k x £50).

Im drying my arse with the Woolwich half.
I wiped my arse on a celtic Woolwich half an half scarf on stage at the old kings head on Holloway road a few years back.
I was promoting a punk gig and one of the bands called me on stage to present me with a gift.I acted in the only way a true spurs man can. It was done tastefully and my bits weren't on display and i had a clean aris anyway.
The band didn't want the scarf back though...

To me though Football started off as a working mans sport, how many of us would have supported this club like we do now if we hadn’t been taken to our first game at the Lane when we were younger?
I remember my dad taking me down the lane for the first time and from that minute I was hooked, the reality is the majority of people now wouldn’t be able to afford to take there son or daughter to there first game, i know you talk of supply and demand and your right as I had no problem paying for my ST I thought it was a reasonable amount but only as I’m lucky enough to be able to afford it, there are many out there who can’t afford such luxuries, and where does that leave us with future generations of fans, however the hard truth is the club don’t care about us as fans, they care about bums on seats and regardless of whether that person is a tourist or a lifelong fan as long as they pay the money The club is happy, fast forward 10 years though and we risk having the same atmosphere in the new ground as we have had at Wembley the last few seasons with seats occupied by tourists and day trippers, I know it’s a cliche but football is nothing without fans!

Excellent post.

:pochhail:

I was 68k on the waiting list and got an ST at Wembley. When we had 20k to sell........
And I only became a member again in the December before we went to Wembley.

The waiting list is pretty much bollocks tbh.
But looks good on paper.

My nephew got offered one at the new stadium last March.
He was about 38k on the list at the time.

Yep agreed 100%.

So all of this.... I am 9 zillion on the waiting list, moan moan moan is total nonsense. The whole 'waiting list' concept is some bullshit to boast finances and make us look bigger. Most of the people waiting for a season ticket are not actually waiting.

This post proves that anyone who actually wanted one could get one in the past couple of years. That won't be the case right now of course but no excuses these days IMO.

But your comparing apples and oranges .... the cost of players has gone up 200 fold, your ticket has gone up 10 fold .... are you therefore not getting a bargain?

It's like asking any supplier to give away their product at a huge discount even though that product is in massive demand. It might sound good but it makes no commercial sense ... over the last decade Spurs have averaged about 20m profit a year, so even if you gave 25% back to ST holders that's less than 100 quid each, and just that small amount would mean one less player we could afford to pay a decent salary.

If as you suggest a 'small percentage' is given back then it's probably just 20 quid each why bother? ... Whilst football may well be awash with money the profit margins are still small, like most top clubs Spurs plough all the money straight back into the club, they have too if they want to compete. Just look at how 12 months with no signings has slowed us down.

The very reason we are rising above the likes of West Ham and Everton is because we will now be able to generate that extra 60-70m a year in ticket/corporate revenue from our stadium, and yes that does come from the fans pockets. All clubs get TV money, however the big sustainable difference is stadium income ... that guaranteed increased match-day income provides the funds to support success, that then drives European income, that allows better Commercial deals, stay in that cycle of success and you move further ahead of your mid-table rivals

PwmhPwa.0.png

If you think of ticket prices as your Basic Salary, then TV is your overtime, and Commercial are your Bank Holidays. We've just worked our nuts off (building a new stadium) to get a massive rise in basic salary, so who now would give up their basic salary rise and thus risk getting less overtime and fewer bank holidays?

That might not be the best analogy but hopefully you see the point.

So if you advocate giving that vital differential away, the one that we've just invested 750m to create, by supplying below market value tickets to fans, then sure you might get some happy fans but almost certainly with less money Spurs will just revert to the mid-table club we have been for the last five decades ... is that seriously what the Trust are advocating?

To see how big stadium with cheap tickets works you've only got to look at West Ham ... it's an epic fail, why on earth would the Trust or anyone else want to replicate that?
Wow that's just like one of those propaganda filled letters I get from the council every year, telling me how well I'm doing after they've hit me with another inflation busting rise!
I've been going to Spurs for 50 years, I've seen it all in that time. I fear for the atmosphere in the future if we continue to price out our core support.
At the Barcelona match I was surrounded with tourists, as hard as I tried to get the singing going they looked at me like I was from another planet. If they weren't stuck on their phones they were getting up for burgers or popcorn. Popcorn!!!!
When the novelty wears off and it will, I'd hate it to end up like them down the road.

The waiting list is not worthless at all, it goes back now to how it was pre-Wembley.

Pre-Wembley I was on the waiting list for over 10 years, ending around 4,000th. It was worth being on for that long because it gave me first dibs on NWHL seats (out of all those who weren't ST pre-Wembley), allowing me a great spot in the lower South. Those joining more recently would have only been in the last couple of purchase windows and had much fewer seating options.

The waiting list again becomes relevant now for those who didn't take up a Wembley ST, as each season we'll have some of the 40k not renew.

Back
Top Bottom