New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing new here as the news was released as quickly as possible by Spurs, just some behind the scenes info - the Council changed it's own rules to post notices for the test events prior to receiving the final approvals, this was to ensure we could play a test event on the 24th and 30th so that the 3rd was available for an EPL game if required ... both Crystal Palace and Brighton agreed to amended dates that may not have been their first choice, the FA, EPL and UEFA all agreed to granting a stadium licence subject to test events before these events were held thus speeding up the process by two weeks. All in all everyone has done their very best to get the stadium open this season. From playing at WHL to NWHL in under two seasons ... that's a hell of an achievement, even if it is a bit later than planned ... plane tickets booked can't wait to step into our new home ... COYS

What a moment for those kids playing the first match there in front of 30k yids.

And at that 30k about as loud and raucous as that number is ever going to be anywhere fucking ever :kanegoal:

Never been one for "secondary teams" teams but Palace and Brighton are banging pretty hard on that door! Expect the feeling to pass momentarily though :levystare:

Ah ok, I see. Good point, first game will be a belter, but worth cancelling an entire holiday for? If it’s possible to re-schedule it’s gotta be worth it.
Depending how much it's going to cost to reschedule the return, if I can, will determine whether I go or not. I know it's crazy, but I really don't want to miss the first game.

Hope it’s palace. Even though driving down on a weeknight is a ball ache and means I don’t get home until 2am, the 3rd of April is my birthday. Can’t think of a better present than going home.

giphy.gif

Depending how much it's going to cost to reschedule the return, if I can, will determine whether I go or not. I know it's crazy, but I really don't want to miss the first game.

With you 100% - first game at NWHL is a lifetime one-off memory - you can have as many holidays as you want. My flights were booked for the 5th if I can't change them will just buy new ones for the 2nd ... this is an event you will never get to see again ... it's one not to be missed.

With you 100% - first game at NWHL is a lifetime one-off memory - you can have as many holidays as you want. My flights were booked for the 5th if I can't change them will just buy new ones for the 2nd ... this is an event you will never get to see again ... it's one not to be missed.
thanks for that, nice to know that I'm not the only crazy person round here. I know the girls I'm going with are just not going to understand why I'm even contemplating doing such a thing. Hopefully Millwall will come up trumps and I'm stressing for nothing.

I think we should all take a step back and realize the magnitude of what’s just occurred. 10 years of planning. So many hours dedicated by the club to create an atmosphere that supporters could be proud of at the greatest stadium in Europe. And after all the delays, travails and heartache, Levy and company saved the best for last...

...giving us reprieve from having to cheer for Millwall in the FA Cup.

:tobyarm::kanegoal::vert:

A few on KUMB sniggering but this is a good summary from a sensible spammer:

Not backing Spurs but this comment is just pure ignorance ....

Stadium cost let's call it 800m ... so over twenty years that's 40m a year with interest call it 50m

So at worst Spurs will need to find 50m a year to cover the stadium cost (and the truth is they paid 350m in cash so it's far less) ... can you agree with that?

Now let's look at the plus side ... increased ticket revenue 60m, increased facilities revenue 12m, increased stadium 3rd party revenue NFL, Boxing, Concerts 28m, and there are a lot more revenue generators from a wholly owned venue but keeping it simple that's 100m of extra revenue ...

So Spurs will gain 100m a year ... can you agree with that?

So far from being 'worse off' 'struggling to pay debt' Spurs will be at least 50m a year better off ... add to that stadium naming rights, media coverage, increased fan base and the new stadium will jump Spurs up level with Dippers, Woolwich and Chelsea and move them yet further ahead of us and the rest ...

Poch (or whoever their manager is) will have 200m a year to spend on wages and probably a sizeable transfer budget as well, strong rumors that a Naming Rights deal is done, if so that's another 20m a year to play with ...

and yet some people think a new state of the art stadium is going to hurt them? if only .... meanwhile back at the running track we claim Spurs have **** the bed ... are we sure?

IronworksDave

Stadium cost let's call it 800m ... so over twenty years that's 40m a year with interest call it 50m

So at worst Spurs will need to find 50m a year to cover the stadium cost (and the truth is they paid 350m in cash so it's far less) ... can you agree with that?

Now let's look at the plus side ... increased ticket revenue 60m, increased facilities revenue 12m, increased stadium 3rd party revenue NFL, Boxing, Concerts 28m, and there are a lot more revenue generators from a wholly owned venue but keeping it simple that's 100m of extra revenue ...

So far from being 'worse off' 'struggling to pay debt' Spurs will be at least 50m a year better off ... add to that stadium naming rights, media coverage, increased fan base and the new stadium will jump Spurs up level with Dippers, Woolwich and Chelsea and move them yet further ahead of us and the rest ...

Poch (or whoever their manager is) will have 200m a year to spend on wages and probably a sizeable transfer budget as well, strong rumors that a Naming Rights deal is done, if so that's another 20m a year to play with ...

and yet some people think a new state of the art stadium is going to hurt them? if only .... meanwhile back at the running track we claim Spurs have **** the bed ... are we sure?

IronworksDave

Fake news...no way someone that rational is a West Ham supporter.

IronworksDave

Which one of you are IronworksDave?

I think we should all take a step back and realize the magnitude of what’s just occurred. 10 years of planning. So many hours dedicated by the club to create an atmosphere that supporters could be proud of at the greatest stadium in Europe. And after all the delays, travails and heartache, Levy and company saved the best for last...

...giving us reprieve from having to cheer for Millwall in the FA Cup.

:tobyarm::kanegoal::vert:

Am I the only one who doesn't want the game to be played on the Wednesday?
:pochfacepalm:

Am I the only one who doesn't want the game to be played on the Wednesday?
:pochfacepalm:

I’d prefer the weekend too.

Mainly as if Wednesday I’d need to book off the Thursday, then I might as well book off the Friday.

And then we would have no game that weekend! A proper palaver.

Much prefer to just base the weekend around Spurs tbh.

IronworksDave

I ain't sure about the numbers etc but when you consider what he says and if it all adds up, along with our reluctance to join the over inflated transfer market over the last couple of years the finances are a lot healthier than they may seem.

We've spent a total of what £27m-£29m net in the last 5 years compared to the £150m+ our other rivals have at least forked out. Coincide that with the TV money powder still being reasonably dry compared to the absurd amounts we've seen Everton, Wolves, Fulham splurge and we've played a blinder so far.

As I've said before once it's paid off it's done for our generation of watching the club. There won't be another stadium built for 30, 50 70 years whatever it may be. This stadium increases revenue, commercial gains and adds fan base numbers that separates us from the chasing pack and puts us infrastructure wise in the bracket we aspire to be in. Once it's done it's done, it means we are set up and guess what, we are weeks away from the biggest most important step.

A new Tottenham Hotspur dawn is soon upon us ladies and gents. I don't know about you but I'm absolutely buzzing for it. Nights under the lights there are going to be sensational. Within 4 weeks we will be witnessing it all unfold, absolutely fantastic

Back
Top Bottom