New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No ... that's just wrong ... the revenue comes in across the year

If the stadium increases our revenue by 150m a year for 20 years that's 3 billion more to spend, but it's still only 150m a year, when you consider we've already upped our salaries by some 75m a year then half of that increase is spent already, give Eriksen a 100k payrise and that's another 5m

Buy just one player for 50m on 200k a week and that's pretty much the money spent ....

It's not that hard to follow ...

Utd have a revenue of €666m, City €568.4m, Liverpool €513.7m, Chelsea €505.7m, Woolwich €439.2m and we had a huge increase to €428.3m .... with luck, and CL football in NWHL, we can grow that to €500+ .... we will be able to match our rivals not jump ahead of them, on the pitch we are already there, so don't expect miracles .....

Well broken down when looking at the added revenue. It also shows more evidence as to how unsustainable football has become. If you haven't got a sugar daddy, you need to be wise with your spending. Even that lot down the road are reliant on loans at the moment after doing all their money and where has it got them compared to the last couple of years? Still nowhere near even seriously challenging for a top 4 position.

Get the stadium done, get the extra revenue in but don't expect miracles. It's a long term project that will slowly grow, slowly attract more supporters, slowly and naturally create a buzz and naturally allow us stronger options compared to every other team bar the ones lightyears ahead of us at the moment. We've secured most of our long term playing staff, a few more shrewd additions when the likes of Chelsea, City, PSG go into lunatic mode and we will be fine.

Personally I'd rather see us invest in our scouting network as opposed to our immediate delivery of playing staff. Focus on the foundations of it all so we are able to pinch them before they get big. For me that's the best way we start to genuinely compete, by focusing on the Kanes, Deles & Foyths of the world

Well broken down when looking at the added revenue. It also shows more evidence as to how unsustainable football has become. If you haven't got a sugar daddy, you need to be wise with your spending. Even that lot down the road are reliant on loans at the moment after doing all their money and where has it got them compared to the last couple of years? Still nowhere near even seriously challenging for a top 4 position.

Get the stadium done, get the extra revenue in but don't expect miracles. It's a long term project that will slowly grow, slowly attract more supporters, slowly and naturally create a buzz and naturally allow us stronger options compared to every other team bar the ones lightyears ahead of us at the moment. We've secured most of our long term playing staff, a few more shrewd additions when the likes of Chelsea, City, PSG go into lunatic mode and we will be fine.

Personally I'd rather see us invest in our scouting network as opposed to our immediate delivery of playing staff. Focus on the foundations of it all so we are able to pinch them before they get big. For me that's the best way we start to genuinely compete, by focusing on the Kanes, Deles & Foyths of the world
The stadium is a massive undertaking for when the bubble bursts (and it soon will). When the TV and commercial money drops to realistic levels, what's left? United, us, Liverpool, and Woolwich. Roman will fuck off and so will Abu Dhabi. Of those 4 we'll have the best location and stadium combination.

Spurs are destined to be the top club in the country due to the hard work of ENIC. Maybe we'll appreciate them in 20 years, when all the Johnny's have fucked off to competitive video games or whatever.

The stadium is a massive undertaking for when the bubble bursts (and it soon will). When the TV and commercial money drops to realistic levels, what's left? United, us, Liverpool, and Woolwich. Roman will fuck off and so will Abu Dhabi. Of those 4 we'll have the best location and stadium combination.

Spurs are destined to be the top club in the country due to the hard work of ENIC. Maybe we'll appreciate them in 20 years, when all the Johnny's have fucked off to competitive video games or whatever.
When all the Johnny’s have fucked off we might not fill our stadium. It was a piece of piss to get ticketsin the 90s, before they latched on to us, in a stadium half the size of our new one. An argument could be made that we need them

A clear example of pure wishful thinking you will ever see. This has been said for 15 years now and the opposite has happened..

As long as we continue to have managers of the calibre of Poch, we invest in the squad, have a little luck and produce one or two more Harry Kane level talents from the academy, the fans keep filling the stadium, and TV continues to invest in the PL, then we have a good chance of continuing to be a top club over the next 20 years

No your right the walls are falling in on the game. Chelsea and City will go bankrupt, Liverpool’s commercial revenues will vanish and we will become an elite club because of it.
No mate, think you're being a bit too optimistic there...relegation fight is where it's at...

You're living in a dreamworld of you think the TV money is coming to an end.

You've got at least two more bubbles, Netflix/Amazon/facebook streaming.

And then the ultimate money spinner what they are all working toward long term thier own premier League subscription service. That'll bring money in to the big clubs that will dwarf what they get now. Of course they will want the utds and Liverpool of this world to be fighting at the top.

This stadium is amazing and I can't wait to get into it but its 10 years too late for it to enable us to compete with utd and Liverpool .

Match day income is nowhere near as important as before and if you think that's going to change you're kidding yourself .

Proof that I wasn’t Spurs 15 years ago because the whole football financial crash narrative has existed since then and hasn’t come close to pass. Good one.

No because 15 years ago we finished 14th. And you just claimed that rather than becoming a top club, the opposite had happened.
Some I’m guessing were about 7th in the championship right now

No because 15 years ago we finished 14th. And you just claimed that rather than becoming a top club, the opposite had happened.
Some I’m guessing were about 7th in the championship right now

What on earth are talking about?

That poster stated that there is a financial crash due and that we would be the net beneficiary of this.

Such proclamations of a crash have been happening for 15 years, Wenger continually stated as such, that such revenue streams where unsustainable. Guess what it didn’t happen, the reverse actually happened as media revenues continued to expand massively. And this is without people like Amazon entering which will happen at some point. It last pure fantasy land.

Why you have instead decided to go one some tangent about us being 14th 15 years ago I really do not know.

Yeah relegation fight makes perfect sense for a club with this revenue stream.

I mean why bother me with this level of nonsense.
Think about it, we're winning far too many games, people are getting bored of it, but a defeat to a lot of people on here is like a death in the family...

Imagine if we were losing too many games, people would accept it better and could get on with their lives without carrying the horrible burden of a shock defeat. Instead of mocking us our rival fans would be more sympathetic.

We could go into games with hope, rather than dreading a defeat we would be expecting one, imagine being able to celebrate corners again...

Getting a win though would be fucking glorious, we would be walking on air for a week...

And because we'd be shite we'd not be on TV as much, no Jamie Redknapp shite to get worked up about...

Fuck....I think I'm unto something here...

Why you have instead decided to go one some tangent about us being 14th 15 years ago I really do not know.

You responded to a post saying Spurs are destined to become a top club in the country due to the hard work of ENIC.
You claimed you heard that 15 years ago and the opposite happened.

15 years ago we finished 14th
We have ow been top three for three years.

No progress

Back
Top Bottom