New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, it's 4pm on Thursday 25th October, the day that supposedly Spurs are to tell the FA where the Chelsea and Southampton games will be played. Whether this is an official date or a rumour, who knows. What is certain is that both the aforementioned clubs will want to know soon, very soon. I just can't believe that two and a half months after the announcement of the delay, we still don't know when the first game at the new stadium will be.

rkqKz2B.jpg

Well, it's 4pm on Thursday 25th October, the day that supposedly Spurs are to tell the FA where the Chelsea and Southampton games will be played. Whether this is an official date or a rumour, who knows. What is certain is that both the aforementioned clubs will want to know soon, very soon. I just can't believe that two and a half months after the announcement of the delay, we still don't know when the first game at the new stadium will be.
They’re probably waiting until the very last minute before announcing another delay. Makes little sense to announce anything earlier than they have to.

hW4R0Lyh.png

They've added another layer to the South Stand eve over the last day or two (as circled).

And they've added a fair few pieces of veil to the west side plus more framework. Still some way to go though......

Slightly off topic, I can count 14 cherry pickers on site today, if half of them put up one piece of veil, can I call the cherry pickers moving around ' the dance of the 7 veils' ?

I'll get my coat.

They’re probably waiting until the very last minute before announcing another delay. Makes little sense to announce anything earlier than they have to.

Except that people need time to make arrangements depending on where the matches are. Surely at this point Chelsea and Southampton are going to be at Wembley. The club just doesn't want to say it because they want to at least deliver some good news with the bad news. It's a PR calculation that I understand, but it's becoming increasingly frustrating for supporters. Those traveling from abroad for those games (such as myself) have plans to figure out. I'm sure domestic supporters are inconvenienced as well as some need to ask off work, make arrangements for children, etc. depending on where the match will be played. If they truly don't know whether they'll be played at the new stadium then I understand, but I find it hard to believe that at this point they don't know for sure about Chelsea and Southampton.

Except that people need time to make arrangements depending on where the matches are. Surely at this point Chelsea and Southampton are going to be at Wembley. The club just doesn't want to say it because they want to at least deliver some good news with the bad news. It's a PR calculation that I understand, but it's becoming increasingly frustrating for supporters. Those traveling from abroad for those games (such as myself) have plans to figure out. I'm sure domestic supporters are inconvenienced as well as some need to ask off work, make arrangements for children, etc. depending on where the match will be played. If they truly don't know whether they'll be played at the new stadium then I understand, but I find it hard to believe that at this point they don't know for sure about Chelsea and Southampton.
Unfortunately, the Club cares little for inconvenienced football fans. The Club will only announce the delay once they know there is no way they can make the Chelsea game, or the deadline set by the FA, whichever is sooner.

If you’re travelling trans Atlantic for a game, you’d be best off waiting until the ground is open before making any plans, to be honest.

Unfortunately, the Club cares little for inconvenienced football fans. The Club will only announce the delay once they know there is no way they can make the Chelsea game, or the deadline set by the FA, whichever is sooner.

If you’re travelling trans Atlantic for a game, you’d be best off waiting until the ground is open before making any plans, to be honest.

If announcing now rather than in a few days somehow comes at the cost of getting the stadium done quicker (an argument the club made in its meeting with the THST), then I completely understand. But if delaying the announcement is simply a matter of PR management I don't think it's not right to inconvenience fans.

Yeah, I made all of these plans back in June and July; they can't be changed now. The trip doesn't totally revolve around the match and at least the one against Chelsea will be a decent one to experience even if it's in Wembley. I definitely should have read the stadium forums and considered that a delay was possible -- I was a bit naive. Lesson learned!

hW4R0Lyh.png

They've added another layer to the South Stand eve over the last day or two (as circled).

And they've added a fair few pieces of veil to the west side plus more framework. Still some way to go though......

Slightly off topic, I can count 14 cherry pickers on site today, if half of them put up one piece of veil, can I call the cherry pickers moving around ' the dance of the 7 veils' ?

I'll get my coat.
I think that the reason all the seats in the south stand haven't been installed is because of the veils not being finished.

If announcing now rather than in a few days somehow comes at the cost of getting the stadium done quicker (an argument the club made in its meeting with the THST), then I completely understand. But if delaying the announcement is simply a matter of PR management I don't think it's not right to inconvenience fans.

Yeah, I made all of these plans back in June and July; they can't be changed now. The trip doesn't totally revolve around the match and at least the one against Chelsea will be a decent one to experience even if it's in Wembley. I definitely should have read the stadium forums and considered that a delay was possible -- I was a bit naive. Lesson learned!

From what I read the deadline for announcing the venue for the Chelski and Southampton games were today, but perhaps that was not accurate info ?

I'm sure domestic supporters are inconvenienced as well as some need to ask off work, make arrangements for children, etc. depending on where the match will be played.

To be honest...no.

If you're going to a football match and you find out you've got to travel to West London instead of North London, you ain't going to suddenly need child care and an extra day off work...London ain't that big!

Back
Top Bottom