New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen so many conspiracy theories on twitter in the last few days that all of the 'safety systems' work has still to be done or re-done, thought I'd post a pic of the Control Room at NWHL taken during the first Test event/staff familarisation event from a month ago which I haven't seen on here before.

The Club have said there is some identification and fixing to do of the 'safety systems', but that's not to say everything is wrong and its back to ground zero as some of the twitterati will have you believe.
Dj7zA3iXcAEoTnh.jpg

What's going on with the pitch? Anyway yesterday, they were digging up the old concrete surface outside the main west stand entrance, immediately adjacent to the road. Whilst the strip adjoing the stadium has already had its
new concrete laid down ready for paving. In about 2 weeks the public walk way 'should' be finished.
The area outside the steps in the south west corner looks further off completion though.

New Stadium, Manchester City and Champions League Group Stage Fixtures Update

Worth reminding ourselves that for the Mancity match on October 29th the switch to Wembley was announced on September 3rd.

So if the target is to have the Chelsea game in NWHL on 24 November, we might not get the announcement from the Club until the end of September or even start of October.......and that of course depends on the Club being pretty certain, based upon what the contractors and Mace are telling them, that everything will be 'fixed' so that the stadium will have gained its 'Safety Certificate' by then after a couple of test events.

What's going on with the pitch? Anyway yesterday, they were digging up the old concrete surface outside the main west stand entrance, immediately adjacent to the road. Whilst the strip adjoing the stadium has already had its
new concrete laid down ready for paving. In about 2 weeks the public walk way 'should' be finished.
The area outside the steps in the south west corner looks further off completion though.

The pitch will be laid a few days or a week before the first test event (if you recall last season Rochdale relaid the pitch 3 days before Spurs played there) so it won't be laid for at least 2 or 3 weeks and maybe longer. No point in laying it earlier as it would need to be wheeled in and out to allow other work to be done to skybridge etc.

The work outside West stand and East stand can be done in a week or 10 days to make it safe for spectators to ant test event - and the test events are likely to be in October so plenty of time. More work to do on south stand, but again plenty of time to do it.

The only things which we cannot see and have no idea of time to fix are these safety systems - and I guess there's only a handful of people really knowing when they will be ready - so we just need to wait for the Club announcement on them.

What I suspect:

(1) That we will anyway, that Spurs have been aware of the likelihood of this for some time
(2) That the failure to secure naming rights has affected this
(3) That this was in large part the reason for the transfer freeze this summer

Not that it can be proved one way or the other
If it can't be proved either way then it's probably bullshit and nothing more than idle speculation...

If it can't be proved either way then it's probably bullshit and nothing more than idle speculation...

No more bullshit than believing we'll be playing there in November or January or whenever.

I suspect the things above might be true. Others believe the club is telling us the whole truth. They're both valid opinions

Is it just me, or does there seem to be an awful lot of the external ground work to be done?

If the problems are all internal (safety systems etc) and we were planning to be playing there end Sep/Oct, why isn’t the external site finished?

I believe it's gooner construction workers spreading all these rumours.

Jealous cunts.
This is what we were saying back in April-May or whenever there were rumors the stadium wasn't going to be finished in September.

At this point we shouldn't trust any sort of roadmap the club has considering their recent track record.

If they say it'll be ready Dec 1 I still wouldn't believe them right now.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be an awful lot of the external ground work to be done?

If the problems are all internal (safety systems etc) and we were planning to be playing there end Sep/Oct, why isn’t the external site finished?

Because once the safety systems failed and the club realised it would be another few months, they scaled back the overtime so the external work could be completed over a few months.

You shouldn't be asking how long until all of the exterior ground work is finished, you should be asking how long until enough is finished to allow fans in & out of the stadium. Which it is pretty close to now - just throw down some hoardings to keep people away from the pointy bits.

Remember we spent a season walking through a building site in 2016/17.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here (mainly because I am), but here we go again...

If there are delays in certain areas that mean the stadium can't open for a while, then why pay the extra money to have more workers on site for longer hours, rushing to get everything else finished by the original deadline? Work very noticeably slowed down once the safety systems issue went public.

Because once the safety systems failed and the club realised it would be another few months, they scaled back the overtime so the external work could be completed over a few months.

But that would not be the club's decision. The club would not be bearing additional costs due to the incompetence of a contractor.

Some guy on SSC had a query about how the club shop, museum and the Spurs experience were connected and somebody posted up plans of the area and....
v0nPU79.jpg

There's a fucking cinema there too!!! How come that's never been mentioned before? I guess it'll just have old DVDs on constant rotation...

Last edited:
Some guy on SSC had a query about how the club shop, museum and the Spurs experience were connected and somebody posted up plans of the area and....
v0nPU79.jpg

There's a fucking cinema there too!!! How come that's never been mentioned before? I guess it'll just have old DVDs on costant rotation...

What sort of cinema has beds in it?!

Back
Top Bottom