New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went down to Tottenham yesterday to see the new stadium. Looks like there's still a lot to do.

Got talking to two lads in the Bricklayers (never been in there before, never again, shit hole) that had just finished for the day. They are working on the cleaning crew in the bars/restaurants. Apparently they are being paid to just look busy. One of them said he had buffed the same part of floor three days running. Apparently the outside looks a lot worse than it actually is and they think Chelsea will be the first game, although depends on the test events and when they are.

Might be something might be bollocks, thought I'd share though.

Last edited:
Went down to Tottenham yesterday to see the new stadium. Looks like there's still a lot to do.

Got talking to two lads in the Bricklayers (never been in there before, never again, shit hole) that had just finished for the day. They are working on the cleaning crew in the bars/restaurants. Apparently they are being paid to just look busy. One of them said he had buffed the same part of floor three days running. Apparently the outside looks a lot worse than it actually is and they think Chelsea will be the first game, although depends on the test events and when they are.

Bricklayers is a great pub, a bit rough round the edges, but....I like it.

HBnPQE0.png

The base of the crane on the West side just south of the main entrance is being taken off, probably means that crane will now be removed. That would allow that area to be paved and probably ease the fitting of some of the final pieces of the main framework for the cladding/veil.

There's still the 'infill' framework (from which the veil pieces are hung) to be done - I'd guess once about 25% of that is done, they will start to put the veil up so the infill framework team continues its work maybe a week ahead of the veil team. If that's the case the veil on the west side should be pretty much complete by this time next month. Most of the paving on the west side has already been done (including the area in front of the Club shop), so by mid October the west side and most of the High Street side should look pretty close to being finished- and that I suspect will be a big morale boost for all those involved on the project as well as fans.

This is classic British construction worker mentality imo - they then complain that the Polish guy is making them look bad by working too hard.

HBnPQE0.png

The base of the crane on the West side just south of the main entrance is being taken off, probably means that crane will now be removed. That would allow that area to be paved and probably ease the fitting of some of the final pieces of the main framework for the cladding/veil.

There's still the 'infill' framework (from which the veil pieces are hung) to be done - I'd guess once about 25% of that is done, they will start to put the veil up so the infill framework team continues its work maybe a week ahead of the veil team. If that's the case the veil on the west side should be pretty much complete by this time next month. Most of the paving on the west side has already been done (including the area in front of the Club shop), so by mid October the west side and most of the High Street side should look pretty close to being finished- and that I suspect will be a big morale boost for all those involved on the project as well as fans.

A lot of work going on this morning all along the west side of the stadium to pour concrete as a prelude (now or later) to put down paving.

On the roof the vertical gap between the roof cassettes and the glass ones are being filled - must be 20+ guys on the roof doing this.

Back
Top Bottom