New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
Orville the duck is currently out of work
Always with that fucking duck.
9193407715_9c5c7d46f6.jpg

If we had the slightest option of Benitez, Gaurdiola, Ancelotti or Klopp, I'd be handing Poch his jotters so fast they'd break the sound barrier between our hands. If de Boer seemed interested, I'd have to have a serious think about it.

What you on about...no one here would swap Poch for Ancelotti.
He could do no better with this squad anyway.....

:akabusi:

Our fanbase is completely out of touch with reality
Our fan base is fucking fantastic, passionate and incredibly loyal. as yesterdays amazing turnout for another end of season dead rubber showed. Our fan base deserves to see the owners invest in better players than the ones we have, rather than the penny pinching shit we see every year.

God he is clutching at straws now, this from his latest press conference:

"I have a 63% keep me as manager percentage on the Fighting Cock forum"

mauricio-pochettino-pre-ael-press-conference.jpg

I look forward to the reactions on this forum when Villa beat Woolwich in the final... :sherwoodlol:
It's written in the fucking stars. Seriously. He will keep Villa up, win the FA cup & become an overnight legend in the West Midlands & on TFC. And if he does, then the buck (as it always has) stops with Levy. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a dick how he came across to the media & his eccentricities made me doubt his sanity. But maybe that was just inexperience & trying to win people over? Maybe, just maybe there is a good manager there...he's better than John Carver already Ffs.

Our fan base is fucking fantastic, passionate and incredibly loyal. as yesterdays amazing turnout for another end of season dead rubber showed. Our fan base deserves to see the owners invest in better players than the ones we have, rather than the penny pinching shit we see every year.
Yes, it was wrong of me to say, that our fanbase is out of touch with reality and I apologise. But you must admit that a good bunch are.

thought this was a genuine poll and was relieved that the majority made the sensible choice, but then saw the 8 votes for Carver, and realised this is a wind up!

IIRC Harry was the longest serving manager since Burkinshaw, he kept getting us to 4th and didn't win anything, so he had to go.
Before him and since him we have had a revolving door of managers and fuck all in the way of success.
All the clubs that do well either have a rich sugar daddy, or a long term manager with a working policy supported by the board.

Now - I don't think that it takes a genius to work out that possibly the WORST decision the club - or this august body of rocket scientists could make - is to keep the managerial door spinning.

Had enough of the twist, lets try "stick" this time, and actually give the guy a shot.

Some of the "experts" could put away their knives for a while, and actually get behind the guy, the club and the players - and instead of translating everything into a catastrophe that only "they" can see the reasons for, actually stop being a knob jockey - and back the club.

I know the likes of me and Greaves get stick for being old (which is obviously a crrime) but I have seen boom to bust (not old enough to remember the double - despite being alive at the time) and know what good looks like, and have seen shit that would have some of you lot implode like an unstable black hole. What we have at the moment is upsetting - like a prick tease. But trust me guys, its better to be there sniffing at heavens gate with an erection than it is to be running from one rejection to another with a limp dick screaming that they are all lesbians and that I'm just unlucky.
I have been disagreed with for not being bothered by yesterdays result. Fact is, we are not going to be CL, but we might, if we fuck things up, be in the Europa league.

Lets play just 38 (+ cup games) next season, and see what we get.
Last time that happened we qualified for the CL - IIRC?

If its bollocks then sack the guy and move on.

It's written in the fucking stars. Seriously. He will keep Villa up, win the FA cup & become an overnight legend in the West Midlands & on TFC. And if he does, then the buck (as it always has) stops with Levy. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a dick how he came across to the media & his eccentricities made me doubt his sanity. But maybe that was just inexperience & trying to win people over? Maybe, just maybe there is a good manager there...he's better than John Carver already Ffs.

His first job should never have been manager of Spurs - both he (for not going to get experience in lower leagues) and Levy (for hiring a novice manager) are culpable for it.......he was unbelievably tactically naive for us, and without really watching Villa too much I notice he's already completely abandoned a few of his 'truths of modern football'. EG: There's no such thing as tactics, a flat 442 will work in any given circumstance, and there's no such thing as a holding midfielder.

I voted Tony Pulis, because that is what I think of this thread.

Wouldn't have such a shit defence that's for sure. Maybe it'd be a surprise what somebody like that could do by getting a solid unit at the back and having better players to give freedom to just go and attack.

For the record, no I don't want Poch sacked or Pulis to replace him.

You forgot the part where our absolute capitulation in these final games of the season ends up with us finishing 7th - and lo and behold, Villa win the FA Cup to take that Europa League spot away from us.

And regardless of whether some Spurs fans would actually prefer to be without Europa, it would be incredibly embarrassing for that to happen - not least as Southampton would have finished above their old boss, and the media heat will well and truly be on Pochettino.

Oh, and we'd inevitably be more hesitant in the transfer market without European football.

... And I say this from the perspective of:

A) wanting Pochettino to have more time
B) wanting Villa to win the cup (obviously)

Back
Top Bottom