New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone buys the third kit, they really need to visit an optician!

Queen Elizabeth Ii GIF by GIPHY News

That third kit is awful, I hope we never play in it again. On my iPad screen it was actually hard to see the players some times as they disappeared in the shadows. And what idiot used black for the name and numbers, they just couldn’t be seen.
Horrible choice by whoever approved the kit, Nike need to stop with the obscure colours and just stick with primary ones that are easy to see.
I have spoken to 4 different people who were at the Fulham game all saying it was difficult to see our players in that kit.

It's not light enough or dark enough. Just blends in with the background of the stands.

I have spoken to 4 different people who were at the Fulham game all saying it was difficult to see our players in that kit.

It's not light enough or dark enough. Just blends in with the background of the stands.

Wow, that’s poor. I thought it might have just been because of the contrasts and colours on tv making it look bad, but someone has definitely messed up choosing this kit if the crowd are struggling in person too.

Wow, that’s poor. I thought it might have just been because of the contrasts and colours on tv making it look bad, but someone has definitely messed up choosing this kit if the crowd are struggling in person too.
And if the crowd are struggling, that might suggest that the players are struggling as well, which is actually a big issue.

And if the crowd are struggling, that might suggest that the players are struggling as well, which is actually a big issue.

I just thought that after I’d posted actually. Didn’t Man Utd change kit at half time once many years ago because the players said they couldn’t see each other against the crowd? They had some grey monstrosity if I remember rightly.

I just thought that after I’d posted actually. Didn’t Man Utd change kit at half time once many years ago because the players said they couldn’t see each other against the crowd? They had some grey monstrosity if I remember rightly.
Yeah, I think in 1998. They changed the grey kit for the white and blue one.

Just seen this on the OS:

...so lemme get this straight, our ALL WHITE KIT clashes so much with Burnley's Claret & Blue Burnley kit, that we're gonna be wearing our dark/light blue (with purple trim lest we forget) kit so as to avoid any colour clash with Burnley's Claret & Blue kit....?

Have I got that right?

Someone in the Spurs/Nike kit dept. is either trying to sabotage us, or they LITERALLY ARE colour blind!

If we don't do well today, it's ALL on the Kit Man!!

Just seen this on the OS:

...so lemme get this straight, our ALL WHITE KIT clashes so much with Burnley's Claret & Blue Burnley kit, that we're gonna be wearing our dark/light blue (with purple trim lest we forget) kit so as to avoid any colour clash with Burnley's Claret & Blue kit....?

Have I got that right?

Someone in the Spurs/Nike kit dept. is either trying to sabotage us, or they LITERALLY ARE colour blind!

If we don't do well today, it's ALL on the Kit Man!!
My thoughts exactly when I read that.

Maybe the ref will step in and impose some common sense.

I heard somewhere that Manchester United had a strip like that once, and Alex Ferguson made all the players change strips at halftime because they couldn't see each other on the pitch. Not sure it's a true story though.

I heard somewhere that Manchester United had a strip like that once, and Alex Ferguson made all the players change strips at halftime because they couldn't see each other on the pitch. Not sure it's a true story though.
It’s literally mentioned a few posts above mate.

Definitely happened

Sir Alex made that shit up to excuse a loss. It was a grey kit

It’s literally mentioned a few posts above mate.

Definitely happened
I think both the Man u kit and definitely the England 86away shirt were both designed as the would go well with jeans,so probably get more sales. Remember reading that at the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom