New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mixed feelings about Nike kits, whilst I like them they're pretty flat pack, at least UA have been individual (I know not always a good thing)

Portugal, Man Shity and France, all the same just a change of badge and colour pallet. I expect there is a league exclusivity deal where Nike can resell the same kit to another team in the same league.

Still not that individual.

kb-178600.jpg

city16-700x438.jpg
france-euro-2016-kits.jpg
portogallo-completo-euro-2016.jpg
New-Norway-Home-Jersey-2016-2017.jpg
3248C47600000578-3496897-England_senior_star_Harry_Kane_Raheem_Sterling_and_Wayne_Rooney_-a-21_1458220703459.jpg

Every Nike kit for 16/17 is the exact same template. They're getting a lot of stick for it at the moment. They've always been somewhat lazy in design, but they've completely mailed this year in. Hopefully they'll return to general laziness next season and produce at least 3 templates.

I find it odd when our US chums talk about kits being phoned in. Their major sports all have league deals when it comes to kit supply. All the kits are made by one manufacturer and pretty much have one design template. To call Nike lazy is a bit odd when that is how US sporting institutions do their kits? Nike have an 8 year $1b kit deal with the NBA starting next year.

Not a great shot of it but this is pretty much how I'd have expected our kit to look if we had the nike 2016 template, rather nice...

Switzerland+v+France+Group+UEFA+Euro+2016+oeu6O_TfCtil.jpg

I find it odd when our US chums talk about kits being phoned in. Their major sports all have league deals when it comes to kit supply. All the kits are made by one manufacturer and pretty much have one design template. To call Nike lazy is a bit odd when that is how US sporting institutions do their kits? Nike have an 8 year $1b kit deal with the NBA starting next year.

Not a great shot of it but this is pretty much how I'd have expected our kit to look if we had the nike 2016 template, rather nice...

Switzerland+v+France+Group+UEFA+Euro+2016+oeu6O_TfCtil.jpg

Completely different culture. If there's one aspect of life, particularly sporting life, where you aren't getting stuffed in the US as much it's in sports match wear. Where football shirts change annually, in the US they are very much more stable. Match wear is considered part of the brand and with many organizations it's almost sacred.

With your marquee organizations, very little ever changes in the design (Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, etc.) and even for lesser organizations tweaks are occasional with rebranding efforts (major changes) only occurring once or maaaaaybe twice in 15+ years.

In actuality, it's probably why we're more touchy when it comes to football kits and templates. We view world football kits as a wonderfully fluid tapestry of creativity where it's possible that things change annually while also retaining a sense of individual club identity. It's something we don't get to experience domestically, so it bums us out a bit when Nike throws the towel in and dumps cold water on us.

Completely different culture. If there's one aspect of life, particularly sporting life, where you aren't getting stuffed in the US as much it's in sports match wear. Where football shirts change annually, in the US they are very much more stable. Match wear is considered part of the brand and with many organizations it's almost sacred.

With your marquee organizations, very little ever changes in the design (Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, etc.) and even for lesser organizations tweaks are occasional with rebranding efforts (major changes) only occurring once or maaaaaybe twice in 15+ years.

In actuality, it's probably why we're more touchy when it comes to football kits and templates. We view world football kits as a wonderfully fluid tapestry of creativity where it's possible that things change annually while also retaining a sense of individual club identity. It's something we don't get to experience domestically, so it bums us out a bit when Nike throws the towel in and dumps cold water on us.

I just want us to have Nike as we haven't before and because I am a slave to the swoosh when it comes to their kicks.

In football kit terms I would have liked us to gone back to adidas, but that didn't look likely.

Why can't you add the Champions League badges to the away kit?

I did, it looks pretty good imo! Got it directly from the shop though.
ps. I was in London for the first time of my life and obviously did the WHL tour; it was absolutely amazing!

ps. Cost me £80 for the adult shirt, CL badges and name/letters. That's almost $150CAD but I was so freaking happy I didn't care.

joC9XKA.jpg

8oIdUZd.jpg

lcGR5Wt.jpg

ps. I was in London for the first time of my life and obviously did the WHL tour; it was absolutely amazing!

ps. Cost me £80 for the adult shirt, CL badges and name/letters. That's almost $150CAD but I was so freaking happy I didn't care.

joC9XKA.jpg

8oIdUZd.jpg

lcGR5Wt.jpg
Nice purple pillow bro.

I just want us to have Nike as we haven't before and because I am a slave to the swoosh when it comes to their kicks.

In football kit terms I would have liked us to gone back to adidas, but that didn't look likely.
Never say never. With Chelsea aborting their kit deal early and signing up with Nike (plus the fact we haven't had anything confirming our new kit makers despite this being a bit overdue), there might be a chance that Adidas could come to the table.

joC9XKA.jpg

8oIdUZd.jpg

lcGR5Wt.jpg
Oh sweet! So they'll put those patches on the away shirt if you go in person and ask nicely?

Or did you give them a cheeky fiver to convince them?

:levyeyes:

Word of warning to anyone wanting to get a midfielder's name on the back of a shirt - it seems very possible/probable that Mason will be off before the window ends. He, of course, has the number 8 shirt - and I could see a few players in the squad being rather keen on snapping that up.
(Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, maybe even Eriksen).

Never say never. With Chelsea aborting their kit deal early and signing up with Nike (plus the fact we haven't had anything confirming our new kit makers despite this being a bit overdue), there might be a chance that Adidas could come to the table.

Oh sweet! So they'll put those patches on the away shirt if you go in person and ask nicely?

Or did you give them a cheeky fiver to convince them?

:levyeyes:

Word of warning to anyone wanting to get a midfielder's name on the back of a shirt - it seems very possible/probable that Mason will be off before the window ends. He, of course, has the number 8 shirt - and I could see a few players in the squad being rather keen on snapping that up.
(Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, maybe even Eriksen).

It's long overdue having a No. 8 who is absolute quality. It's my favourite number and I usually get the number on a shirt, but no name. Last few haven't been amazing, Mason and Paulinho. Would be happy for Eriksen, Dembele or Dier. Although I think Eriksen is the natural name for that number shirt.

It's long overdue having a No. 8 who is absolute quality. It's my favourite number and I usually get the number on a shirt, but no name. Last few haven't been amazing, Mason and Paulinho. Would be happy for Eriksen, Dembele or Dier. Although I think Eriksen is the natural name for that number shirt.
Yeah. Same here.
Hoping that Alli or Eriksen gets the 8.

Scott Parker gave us one really amazing season, before he started running in circles.

Back
Top Bottom