New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At first I thought it was a mistake to have that 'off' gold/orange-y gold trim, but I actually think it makes it quite distinctive.

Can't see how the home shirt will sell as well as that away one.
Would they ever consider just changing the home kit to white with navy on the sleeves? or do they have to differ completely in design!

Thing about that one is... much as it's a little TOO 'Murrican for my liking... it's clear that AIA don't mind if their logo is RED or not... so why the fuck do we persist with red on the home shirt, when Navy would look SO much better?!

...plus... the template would work just as well in SIMPLE WHITE & NAVY (home) / Navy & White (a)

I really don't get what goes through kit designers minds sometimes... do they think they're gonna get their own Fashion range & Christmas #1 if they design a "crazy/zany" one each year...?

While I agree that navy would look considerably better, red on white pops on TV and when you're spending millions on an advertising deal you're ultimately paying for advertising that works.

While I agree that navy would look considerably better, red on white pops on TV and when you're spending millions on an advertising deal you're ultimately paying for advertising that works.

Probably why the club have signed off on so many 'red' sponsors.

Thomson, Mansion, Autonomy (red dot), AIA.

Personally I liked the HP year, it may have been jarring in cyan. At least it stood out and wasn't red at least.

Well I think Navy pops out just as well!
Besides, red alienates anyone who is colour blind!
(...and red offends ANYONE who is a Spurs fan!)

Mockup that someone made on SC ...

kit.jpg

... Looks really slick, imo. Will be hard for the other 2 kits to top it. Think I'll bring my wallet out for this.
I wonder if we'd get golden lettering and numbering for this kit?

Edit:

Looks like a little nod to the 97-98 kit.
153.jpg

Last edited:
Was thinking the same thing earlier.
I really hope so, as the only alternative I could imagine is if they used white letters/numbers - which wouldn't compliment the shirt particularly well.

But, there are certainly PL gold letters available to use if they want to:

new-leicester-city-jersey-15-16-vardy-home.jpg

Would be a different shade of gold though, which might actually be worse.

:avbshit:

Does anyone remember Puma? They had a very high rate of returns, ripped, fallen apart etc items. Their quality is low. It's even know within the industry that UA is the actual best for quality. Maybe not everyones cup of tea look wise, but that's impossible to achieve. How can everyone universally like the same item. But the materials and the ways it's made is different. People want value for money. For example a UA polo 99.9% of the time will last longer than a adidas polo, a nike polo, etc. It amazes me when people want brand name over quality and moan about durability.
Working on this side of things, we've seen the technologies that produce many of the brands. UA is the highest quality of all of them. It's a big reason behind it's growth.
Adidas is very good, Nike is probably just behind them. But UA is at the top. I understand that designs is a different area. Not all appeal to everyone. I mean from a personal point of view, Adidas can be dull with kits. They usually put the trade mark three stripes on everything single shirts sleeves (until this season of course) and with a lot of kits and training wear, they will use just one colour. So if a badge had maybe black lions, a yellow section etc. You'll just get in the secondary colour only that's reserve of the shirt colour. Nike are better, but they definitely come from a brand name point of view more than anything. It's Nike!? Must be amazing. Not always. UA, have great stuff and bad stuff look wise but they put a lot of effort into things. Things that I've seen them put in Tottenham Hotspur stuff that has a back story and reason, related to the history of the club. But interpreted in their own way. Ideas are also not always one sided, the club has an input.
Imagine if Tottenham go back to Adidas. Here's the designs we have for your new kit... here's the away. We've done a navy one, a black one, a blue one, a green one. Pick and we will stick your badge on it. Where's the personal touch in that? Nike can be a little template happy too. England away looks pretty much like Portugal home. UA try to accommodate where they can, sometimes they may have similar collars but little else.
People complain about the prices too, fair enough. But if you're paying top dollar maybe it's nice to be paying it for good material.

UA is sponsoring guys who they think are on the rise to the top or already there. Brady, Spieth, Curry, Joshua are at the top of their fields, in golf Fitzpatrick, Mahan and Wiesberger are periennial contenders, now they are making steps into "soccer". They have overtaken Adidas in America, and Adidas are huge. Now they are setting their sights on Nike....it's a brave person who would bet on Nike taking the challenge lightly

Mockup that someone made on SC ...

kit.jpg

... Looks really slick, imo. Will be hard for the other 2 kits to top it. Think I'll bring my wallet out for this.

Edit:

Looks like a little nod to the 97-98 kit.
153.jpg
I had a ST in 97-98 even though I'd moved to Edinburgh. Spent a fortune on train fares. We were shit. Fucking shit. I don't want to remember any of that cunty bollocks.

Were we not one of the first PL teams to wear Puma. I think Everton may have done.
Woolwich are 8 years behind us when it comes to Puma.

We have been versatile when it comes to kits, with Admiral Kappa, Hummel, Le Coq, Pony and now Under Armour, as well as Umbro and Adidas. Nike would make it more or less the lot whereas I can only remember Woolwich having Bukta, Umbro, Adidas, Nike and Puma in my 50 odd years. Very conservative of them, very establishment.. oh sorry I forgot.
Other PL clubs will follow with UA.
Pony wasn't a favourite as I use to laugh at the east london, cockney wankers calling themselves Irons and playing in a pony kit. The Irony.
At least we didn't have Macron or Warrior though.
Under Armour ain't that bad I suppose.
I would still favour rose tinted nostalgia and wish we had an Umbro plain white round neck with a blue cockerel, navy shorts and white socks. Just like we were wearing when I inherited the Spurs gene.
Then again we won the title with blue socks didn't we?

Were we not one of the first PL teams to wear Puma. I think Everton may have done.
Woolwich are 8 years behind us when it comes to Puma.

We have been versatile when it comes to kits, with Admiral Kappa, Hummel, Le Coq, Pony and now Under Armour, as well as Umbro and Adidas. Nike would make it more or less the lot whereas I can only remember Woolwich having Bukta, Umbro, Adidas, Nike and Puma in my 50 odd years. Very conservative of them, very establishment.. oh sorry I forgot.
Other PL clubs will follow with UA.
Pony wasn't a favourite as I use to laugh at the east london, cockney wankers calling themselves Irons and playing in a pony kit. The Irony.
At least we didn't have Macron or Warrior though.
Under Armour ain't that bad I suppose.
I would still favour rose tinted nostalgia and wish we had an Umbro plain white round neck with a blue cockerel, navy shorts and white socks. Just like we were wearing when I inherited the Spurs gene.
Then again we won the title with blue socks didn't we?

I like the navy socks and shorts combo. Like you said we won't the league wearing navy socks. Same also for our 1991 FA Cup winning kit, which harked back to the 50/60s.

Back
Top Bottom