New drinking hole - looks tailor made for some on here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate the drive for every matchday penny to be spent at hotspur franchise fc. I love a pre match pint be it the brickies the irish centre the brewers the late lamented antwerp arms. These places are valuable to the locality through out the year and most are as old as the club itself.

Go local grap a pint. Thfc can live with out your pre match pint pot as well

Not sure why the club haven't just bought one or two of the local pubs that have gone out of business, instead of opening this place.

nah think its in the garden of Rudolphs.

I was alluding to some sort of Top Boy status about where you can and cant drink

Ha ha, fair enough, went right over my head.

Shame though, the British Queen was always handy for a couple before getting the train home

Greater overheads. They already own this space. Plus there would be the whole question of whether or not they kept the pub open all week if it was external.

Agree it would cost them more money, but hardly anything in the grand scheme of things - and at some point in the future there will be twice as many potential customers 25-30 times a year....

Agree it would cost them more money, but hardly anything in the grand scheme of things - and at some point in the future there will be twice as many potential customers 25-30 times a year....
When the new stadium is open there will be new bars and restaurants anyway as part of the regeneration. So they've got that covered. I doubt Levy wants to spend any more right now than he has to. After all this is the man who flogs chocolate bars in his shop for £1.50 wrapped in plain paper just because it's got a cockerel stamped on it. £3.60 for a half pint plastic bottle vs £3.50 for a full pint in a pub. No brainer for him.

A bit of a bump but has anyone drunk in the members bar? Please tell us your experiences.

A bit of a bump but has anyone drunk in the members bar? Please tell us your experiences.
No atmosphere as you would probably expect. A pint of San Miguel is only about 20p more than the Carlsberg yet people still drink the latter. I usually go for London pride if i'm there. (can poured into a plastic glass)

Even though it's right outside the ground and doesn't get as rammed as other places i still prefer to go to the Brickies, Bill Nick or Bell & Hare.

Been in a couple of times. It is what it is. Not trying to be LTs or Bricklayers.

Staffed by the same mongtards you'll find in the ground. The most simple order can be challenging but generally the queues are not bad and it's a quick place to get a pint before kick off.

Mostly the pre-West and North crowd by looks of the demographics, and obviously the nearest for those stands. They've had old players milling around on the times I've been in.

Obviously not for everyone and not for every occasion but serves a purpose.

Quite enjoy the Odd pint in here.
As others have said, it doesn't have the atmosphere as the likes of the Bill Nick, and it certainly doesn't have the Pole Dancers as the likes of the Bill Nick:ledleylick:

Like the Bell & Hare personally, only very recently tried the Bricklayers which was good but very crowded to the point where everything took ages.

Over the past season or two been alot in the members club as my mate who gets me tickets sometimes likes it as he can get a beer quickly and there is space to move around but agree the atmosphere is shit, a very corporate drinking hole.

I drink wherever the mood takes me & dependent on who i am with. I have had a drink in the Members bar in 2 or 3 occasions - generally when i am on my own. As someone above said, it is what it is. No atmosphere & very 'West Stand' but the drinks are no more expensive than anywhere else, can get somewhere to sit & the toilets dont look like someone has set off a shit bomb.

I wouldn't use it as my regular watering hole but it serves a purpose from time to time. Last time i was in there, Chivers & Miller where doing the schmoozing so i managed to have a quick chat & get the signatures.

Back
Top Bottom