Nailing my colours to the mast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think AVB will hang around if he is offered the Barca job, if their manager fails to overcome his illness, or turn down Real Madrid - if Mourinho moves on?
Its not a condemnation of AVB, just a reflection of how things are in a world dominated by clubs with big fat chequebooks

Yes i do think he will hang around. He has learned from Chelsea. He has had one season with us that is good, and if he goes to Barca or Real he will be under tremendous pressure from day one. If he doesn't succeed immediately than they will be pressured into firing him. Than what does he do?

If Barca or Real offer him now, i don't think he will take it. He will stay here to help build his reputation back, and honestly i can see him staying here 10+ seasons, and at that point, if he is still doing well, He will stay to become a legend.

some of us have a life that doesn't revolve around getting involved in childish discussions with people with oddball perceptions of life, football, tactics - on a 24x7 basis.
I'm happy to talk with people who can discuss things, or have the mental fortitude to deal with contrary opinions to their own, without childish insults and asinine remarks, but some of the people that post on here just get on your tits.
Oh and now that arcspace posts on here, I'd rather toast my eyeballs over an open fire than read the shite he pukes up. Although some of the bollocks from some of the dickheads from the US runs him a close second (and no - that isn't a comment that all American Spurs fans are ingroramii, but there are definitely a couple of right royal twats who are)

If people only knew how to discuss stuff without simply polarising any comments made, it would be a worthwhile place to participate. ie if you don't follow the trending opinion, you are a "hater" - as opposed to just not being a sheep. (such as wanting proof before proclaiming AVB to be the new Messiah)

and then there's the posters who are just here for the craic....

You are arguing about a post I made TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!

I would laugh myself to death if I ever saw Mel Gibson yell out Yid Army.

Woa3vSq.jpg

If you are truly stupid enough to believe that, then you deserve all you get in life.

Thank you, things certainly look to be on the up for me.

I know that it's a bit of a joke, but there really wasn't much organization under Redknapp, nor any discernible effort on his part to right the ship during two successive end-of-season collapses in form.

If AVB is as sage as you intimate, why does he persist in deploying Dempsey in a spurs shirt, anywhere inside a 50 mile radius of where the first team are playing?
Because to this point we've clearly seen that he likes to play players through their bad form. Whether Dempsey comes good at any point, besides a couple of suspenseful goals against Man U, I don't know. I haven't liked the look of him since he joined, and would be much happier playing Holtby, or Siggy now that he seems to be clicking, but Dempsey DOES have a long and established career in the Premier League as a successful goalscorer, and a workhorse. I'm sure that has figured into the coaching staff's thinking.

If he plays him again when fit, despite the proof positive that we play much better without him, then I will refuse to believe that any of the current success is attributable to anything he (AVB) does.
I'm sure that will disturb his sleeping at night. The players seem to love him. The media has stopped slating him, and even begun to hop aboard the AVB train. We're in good form, and in third place. Bale is in the form of his life. And, we just topped Woolwich in the NLD, so I'm thrilled that the measure of your criticism of AVB's tenure thus far amounts to Dempsey's poor form.

Dusvmwk.jpg

edit: you know, not that it matters or anything. Just found it amusing to then read your post railing against negativity.

HOLY SHIT I must've been drunk!! Sorry VS, I take it all back... but wow, the fact you can summon up the proof in minutes is slightly unsettling! How did you do that?

:avbshock:

So, you were drunk thirty minutes ago, but you're not now?

Hang on, WTF... that wasn't me! I didn't disagree with anything... oh, hang on... BLOODY SMART PHONE + MY FAT FINGERS = DISAGREE BUTTON BY MISTAKE!!!

btw, wasn't drunk 30 minutes ago... am now, if it helps? s'Friday, innit!

COYS!

:bale2:

OK people, let's start again shall we....? Let's not be in any uncertainty here... I love AVB, and AVB loves me... but not quite as much as Steffan Freund... Who loves me like a Brother!
Any opinions I may have viewed to the contrary were purely mistaken, and taken out of context...

love yoooooooooooooooooou Vagina Virginia Spur!

Dear Andre,

Thank you for Man Utd away, it was nice knowing you.

As a twitchy, saggy faced old gent once said, football is a simple game, yet you continue to over-complicate it.

You continue to play a system that clearly doesn't suit us and your substitutions are at best strange.

Im sure some on here will seek to blame injuries, the crowd...etc but Ive see enough over the years and enough from this manager to know a false dawn when I see one.

I know some will scream 5th etc etc but have we really played well consistently in any game this season? Maybe Reading but they were genuinely toilet.

Nope, thats it for me. AVB OUT

Probably but at least Harry wouldn't have taken our top scorer off when one nil down to an outfit like Wigan.

Dig me out, fine...but if you are going to at least tell me why you think AVB has the right stuff. When you do please bear in mind I couldnt give less of a shit about what happened in Portugal.

Spurs history will judge AVB harsher than Ramos maybe even Gross. Mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom