Nailing my colours to the mast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, are you still keeping your colours nailed to the mast and saying AVB will be a flop, "in the face of it all"?

No not at all, I can actually see an affective style that suits us now. Which funnily enough I have been banging the drum for on here for a while for.

We are still playing the pressing game but FINALLY we have accepted that we can sit back a bit allow the pressure to build and hit on the break making the most of our pace.

Its probably back in this thread if you are willing to trawl through 20 pages of wailing and teeth gnashing.

In fact I dont think it is even a case of Carlito coming round to AVBs thinking..

More AVB coming round to mine.

Whats not to like???

I love this thread and how certain posters cling onto it as though "they knew in the face of it all"

No, they just decided to get behind their team and back the decisions made by those in charge of their team, rather than slating the man appointed before he'd had a chance to prove himself.

CheekyCockney said:
In my first blog at the start of the season I said that AVB is not the man for the job and was tactically naive. I was lambasted by comments saying I didn’t know what I was talking about, some comments were very offensive, yet I wonder with what has happened over the last couple of weeks if any of those were people who ‘booed’ AVB on Saturday against Wigan after he took JD off and may have changed their opinion on what they said about me initially?
Let’s look at the facts. I have mentioned in my blogs about the number of occasions AVB has tried to hold onto a lead by taking off our only striker and putting a defender on. I’ve also mentioned we are a ‘One Half’ team this season. Our performances in Europe have been extremely dull and boring as well as being poor. Last week in the cup at Norwich AVB went for a 4-6-0 system. Now this worked for Spain, but Spain we certainly are not.
Against Wigan he persists with this awful 4-5-1 system. And the worst of it all (as the majority of the crowd made perfectly clear) when we are looking and in need for a goal, he takes off our leading scorer (again) puts another striker on but then stays with the same system. Surely he should have gone 4-3-3 and try to get something out of the game. Or even 4-4-2 with Ade and JD up front (which in my opinion is the way forward).
I (and others) have mentioned that when at Chelsea he upset the dressing room. It certainly hasn’t taken him long at The Lane to upset the dressing room. Ade is happy, JD isn’t happy, Dawson isn’t happy. 3 of our better players all unhappy and more to the point probably 35,000 of us are not happy.
have to say Daniel Levy must take most of the blame for appointing such an inadequate manager, however, I would suggest that the sooner AVB goes, the better, before he drags ‘Our Club’ into mediocrity. So I say AVB – time to go. I wonder if those who castigated me earlier now agree?
:avblol:

Or is he sleeping with them?
some of us have a life that doesn't revolve around getting involved in childish discussions with people with oddball perceptions of life, football, tactics - on a 24x7 basis.
I'm happy to talk with people who can discuss things, or have the mental fortitude to deal with contrary opinions to their own, without childish insults and asinine remarks, but some of the people that post on here just get on your tits.
Oh and now that arcspace posts on here, I'd rather toast my eyeballs over an open fire than read the shite he pukes up. Although some of the bollocks from some of the dickheads from the US runs him a close second (and no - that isn't a comment that all American Spurs fans are ingroramii, but there are definitely a couple of right royal twats who are)

If people only knew how to discuss stuff without simply polarising any comments made, it would be a worthwhile place to participate. ie if you don't follow the trending opinion, you are a "hater" - as opposed to just not being a sheep. (such as wanting proof before proclaiming AVB to be the new Messiah)

and then there's the posters who are just here for the craic....

some of us have a life that doesn't revolve around getting involved in childish discussions with people with oddball perceptions of life, football, tactics - on a 24x7 basis.
I'm happy to talk with people who can discuss things, or have the mental fortitude to deal with contrary opinions to their own, without childish insults and asinine remarks, but some of the people that post on here just get on your tits.
Oh and now that arcspace posts on here, I'd rather toast my eyeballs over an open fire than read the shite he pukes up. Although some of the bollocks from some of the dickheads from the US runs him a close second (and no - that isn't a comment that all American Spurs fans are ingroramii, but there are definitely a couple of right royal twats who are)

If people only knew how to discuss stuff without simply polarising any comments made, it would be a worthwhile place to participate. ie if you don't follow the trending opinion, you are a "hater" - as opposed to just not being a sheep. (such as wanting proof before proclaiming AVB to be the new Messiah)

and then there's the posters who are just here for the craic....
.....So how was your day today?

I wasn't thrilled when Harry left. I wanted continuity in leadership and not a revolving door. I admit- I was wrong. I think the management stability I was looking for is there with AVB ( I also think Harry will manage chelsea soon- and would have jumped ship on us if they asked him).
tumblr_m4e221S9l31qlpkzjo2_r2_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom