Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You all have absolutely no idea how terrible the color commentary in the United States is right now. It's this dude from New York (who I've never heard do commentary before) and it's like sitting next to that annoying drunk dude that feels like he has to comment on literally every single thing he doesn't like and gets WAAAAAYYYY too excited for sub par plays.

I find it ridiculous that he can play for Algeria anyway, you should have to play for the country you're born in (unless born in a military base).
I don't really find it ridiculous. I think we've all heard about some of the problems in French society which contributes to a lot of their immigrant population feeling unwelcome and alienated. BAE has talked about it before; growing up being treated like an outsider and never feeling like he was French. If Nabil places more importance on his cultural heritage as an Algerian then he should be allowed to play for them, imo.

I don't really find it ridiculous. I think we've all heard about some of the problems in French society which contributes to a lot of their immigrant population feeling unwelcome and alienated. BAE has talked about it before; growing up being treated like an outsider and never feeling like he was French. If Nabil places more importance on his cultural heritage as an Algerian then he should be allowed to play for them, imo.
Yeah it's a fair point but I just finmd it strange as a whole, if I was a footballer, i'd qualify to play for Spain or Poland, but I was born in England and educated in England therefore class myself as English, other than enjoying chorizo and speaking a bit of the lingo the thought of playing for Spain is just a bizarre thought for me.
I can understand why he'd want to play for Algeria, perhaps parents pressure and a definite route into the international game as it'd be difficult to get into the France squad but i'm just old fashioned I guess.

Back
Top Bottom