Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"70% of 10"?

Why not 7/10 or just 70%?

Who is this man and why can he not do maths?

This popped up on my news feed the other day, its a body building thread from 2008 or something but its still hilarious. A 5 thread argument over how many days a week has. I only wish the calendar he drew was still online! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

Bentaleb has been very solid this season, one of those players who does everything so well you don't necessarily notice how well he is doing, if that makes sense.

This popped up on my news feed the other day, its a body building thread from 2008 or something but its still hilarious. A 5 thread argument over how many days a week has. I only wish the calendar he drew was still online! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

Bentaleb has been very solid this season, one of those players who does everything so well you don't necessarily notice how well he is doing, if that makes sense.

Like most young players he has his ups and downs but on the point of his ability, work rate and mentality I cannot fault him.

Know fuck all about the ACON, when is he likely to return?

kids been good this season, great against the Chavs.

Starts on the 17th January, with Algeria's last group match on the 27th. Now if they fail to get past the group stage, the 28th Sheffield United game will be too soon for him so best we can hope for is 31st WBA away.

If they do qualify then fuck knows, maybe add a couple of weeks on top of that?

What a wonderful argument that was. At least one of them must be mildly autistic (in that they can't understand what the other one means). One is saying it's 1 day from Saturday to Sunday. The other is saying Saturday and Sunday are two days.

Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi Given our conversation yesterday regarding Adebayor's attitude after he throw his arms up in the air in a training match, I am interested to know what you think of Bentalebs attitude after he cry's when he loses a five-a-side match. I am not having a pop or picking a fight fella just genuinely intrigued on your interpretation of this as we appeared to be at polar opposites in our opinions. FWIW I fucking love this kids attitude and want to see this in all our players.
It's good. But note, he cries AFTER the match. He doesn't throw his arms up and shout to the heavens when the ball is lost. That's an important difference to me. It's about retaining focus on the task at hand and doing the right thing. Pochettino wants players with both an appetite for a fight, and the work ethic to not stop trying. Bentaleb has that. Adebayor does not, because his work ethic is poor. You can't stroll back after possession loss. You can't throw your hands in the air. You need to immediately counter-press and win the ball back. That's the whole point to Pochettino's system. It's also exactly what Adebayor isn't doing, which Bentaleb, Kane and others are.

It's good. But note, he cries AFTER the match. He doesn't throw his arms up and shout to the heavens when the ball is lost. That's an important difference to me. It's about retaining focus on the task at hand and doing the right thing. Pochettino wants players with both an appetite for a fight, and the work ethic to not stop trying. Bentaleb has that. Adebayor does not, because his work ethic is poor. You can't stroll back after possession loss. You can't throw your hands in the air. You need to immediately counter-press and win the ball back. That's the whole point to Pochettino's system. It's also exactly what Adebayor isn't doing, which Bentaleb, Kane and others are.
The way I see it is you have made up your mind about Adebayor and you look for the slightest chance to create a case against someone to build your case. I openly admit I unfortunately do this with Paulinho, I go out of my way to find examples of how shit he is but never comment on anything good he does. I can't help it, I've tried but when I see him in a Spurs shirt I lose my rationale.

As for Bentaleb, watch/follow him closely around the pitch (off the ball too) and I can assure you he points and screams to the heavens and at our own players too. I liked him even more when Paulinho came off the subs bench against Everton I think it was, he was going ape shit at Paulinho for most of his 10 min cameo.

Bentaleb will be back after we win the tournament on February 8th. Will probably need a day or two to celebrate in Algiers before heading back to London. AFCON is probably the best time of my life, can't wait for it to start.

Bentaleb pencilled in as a starter at CM in a 4-4-2, by the way.

Tunisia 1-1 Algeria

Bentaleb played the majority of the match. Typical performance, keeping things ticking over, but a few risky passes that he needs to cut out. Set to start most matches in Eq. Guinea.

BB.com has had some very funny threads over the years.

Back
Top Bottom