Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell, still this debate, and people being cunty....

Yes he was shit last season, but Lamela was shit a couple of seasons ago and now look at him. Eriksen was class a season or two ago and look at his form now...

Form changes, depending on many variables. Sissoko clearly wasn't happy at that joke of a club, and now he's got a good manager who won't accept anything less than 100%, so there's every reason to hope and expect that he can play well for us. It's not guaranteed but then again, nothing is.

Fucking hell, give the poor cunt a chance.

There is no poor cunt about it though is there? he's got his chance and he'll have the same support as every other player when he crosses the touchline that's not in doubt.

what is in doubt is his ability to improve our squad or if there were better viable options that we could of signed . in my opinion he's not good enough to improve us and there were better options and this signing was a massive disappointment for me. people keep saying he must be good because Poch wanted him but if Poch wanted him so much why was it done so so late he wanted Wijnaldum too and had him at his house two months ago, this transfer just seems like a desperate panic buy to me and I don't see the harm in saying so on a forum.

There is no poor cunt about it though is there? he's got his chance and he'll have the same support as every other player when he crosses the touchline that's not in doubt.

what is in doubt is his ability to improve our squad or if there were better viable options that we could of signed . in my opinion he's not good enough to improve us and there were better options and this signing was a massive disappointment for me. people keep saying he must be good because Poch wanted him but if Poch wanted him so much why was it done so so late he wanted Wijnaldum too and had him at his house two months ago, this transfer just seems like a desperate panic buy to me and I don't see the harm in saying so on a forum.

Are you Micah Peters?

And you're better informed than Poch

Righto

:pochfacepalm:

For what it's worth I'm pleased we have him rather than Berahino or Wijnaldum

It's always a gamble buying a player and hoping he can improve the squad but I'm happy to trust Poch and he could be massive!

Are you Micah Peters?

And you're better informed than Poch

Righto

:pochfacepalm:

For what it's worth I'm pleased we have him rather than Berahino or Wijnaldum

It's always a gamble buying a player and hoping he can improve the squad but I'm happy to trust Poch and he could be massive!

No I'm not better informed than Poch as you well know Devon but I am inclined to believe that Sissoko definitely wasn't his first choice.

I know he's not the most popular due to his "laziness" and the wanting away from a relegation threatened club, who ended up getting relegated and how he has declared his love for Woolwich and all that bullshit - but he's a Spurs player now, or very close to being anyway.

So we support him. We support Pochettino and his decision and we make sure we provide him with that support from the very first time he steps on the pitch in a Spurs shirt. If you don't like him, don't rate him and just don't want him at the club, keep that out of the ground please. Show you're support and love for the club because from tonight, Sissoko could be part of this great club.

I've said it before and I said it about Zaha when we are linked. Pochettino CLEARLY see's something if we are linked. Sissoko on his day is a very very good footballer. Ridiculously powerful, very quick and can turn defence into attack in a quick manner which we miss when Dembele is not around. He's been managed by the likes of Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McClaren who couldn't get the best out of him on a consistent basis. Then again, I wouldn't trust either of them to get Danny Rose to a top level fullback, get Lamela to show his Serie A form, get the likes of Dembele motivated into being one of the best central midfielders in world football. I do believe Pochettino could do all those things though and he can do this with Sissoko.

To dare is to do right?

Fair points mate. But buying a player on the last day of the window doesn't have to mean it's desperate. Go to an auction anywhere in the world and the last bidder is the one that walks away with the goods. No way to accurately determine the priority of the player in terms of pecking order. Clearly Wijnaldum was wanted but he also wanted £75k pw in wages, this is the only reason why he wasn't signed.

We profiled 3 players for this position Wijnaldum, Zaha & Sissoko. Personally I don't rate any of them but in the cold light of day I think Sissoko is by far the best player (provided we get the Euro's player not the Newcastle one).

He's a third the price of Pogba at a quarter of Ibrahimovic's wages, bought by Pochettino who's twice as good as Mourinho at developing talent. We would have had him for under £20m if his agent hadn't sold a lie to Everton (or maybe Ashley stitched Levy behind the scenes?!). I don't care if he's had sex with Wenger and Wilshere and wears Chelsea shirts doing it. He delivers in one season or two or he's out. If he makes it into Poch's first 11, he's worth it and he becomes one of us. Come on you lillywhites

The more I hear about these washed up pundits ( mainly ex Goons ) going on about how Sissoko is a bad signing, the more I'm warming to the idea..would these clueless Twats have said a word had he signed for Everton? No they wouldn't and that's because they are worried about what he could bring to us.
We have an absolutely unbelievable powerhouse midfield and teams full of girls, ie Chelsea and Woolwich will be crapping themselves.
They don't like the fact that they can't bang on about us being weak or lightweight anymore..

Can't wait for the Chelsea and Woolwich games, the diving, rolling about, screaming and play acting is going to be hilarious..

The more I hear about these washed up pundits ( mainly ex Goons ) going on about how Sissoko is a bad signing, the more I'm warming to the idea..would these clueless Twats have said a word had he signed for Everton? No they wouldn't and that's because they are worried about what he could bring to us.
We have an absolutely unbelievable powerhouse midfield and teams full of girls, ie Chelsea and Woolwich will be crapping themselves.
They don't like the fact that they can't bang on about us being weak or lightweight anymore..

Can't wait for the Chelsea and Woolwich games, the diving, rolling about, screaming and play acting is going to be hilarious..
After last season, the next game against Chelsea in particular is going to be epic.

Fair points mate. But buying a player on the last day of the window doesn't have to mean it's desperate. Go to an auction anywhere in the world and the last bidder is the one that walks away with the goods. No way to accurately determine the priority of the player in terms of pecking order. Clearly Wijnaldum was wanted but he also wanted £75k pw in wages, this is the only reason why he wasn't signed.

We profiled 3 players for this position Wijnaldum, Zaha & Sissoko. Personally I don't rate any of them but in the cold light of day I think Sissoko is by far the best player (provided we get the Euro's player not the Newcastle one).

Of the three you mentioned I would definitely prefer Sissoko. The other two can't play box to box like Sissoko. I think the cover for Dembele was imperative especially considering his injury history.

I'm ashamed to admit that the 3 minute highlight reel of Sissoko did give me a little bit of excitement.

The obvious issue is whether Poch can get him playing consistently but if he can he's exactly what we've missed in Dembele's absence a driving force to carry the ball forward from midfield. And he seems to have a good eye for a pass too.

Think he could well prove a lot of people wrong in the coming months.

Fair points mate. But buying a player on the last day of the window doesn't have to mean it's desperate.
Completely agree with this. We have no concept of what discussions went on throughout the window and at what point sissoko made our list. I'm sure if we'd got Isco people wouldn't have called that a panic buy because it was last day.

I never went to Everton," Sissoko told L'Equipe. "It's funny. I was watching TV, and I saw that a deal had been done with Everton and that I had signed for them.

"But I was in London, waiting to sign my contract [with Spurs]."

"The main thing is that I signed for the club I wanted to join," Sissoko said. "Of course I would have liked it to have happened earlier, but now it's done.

"I hope to have a good season and I'm happy to be able to play in the Champions League. I have played at a World Cup and a Euro.

"I was only missing playing for the cup with the big ears [Champions League]."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ed-to-join-everton-before-moving-to-tottenham

Back
Top Bottom