Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shows what a good season we have had. Few years ago fans would have got on his back but this season we just laugh at him. I have no idea how you turn his form around. Appears lazy but I don't think he is, legs don't appear to work properly but they must do as he passed a medical and isn't on same wave length as his team mates (don't think that can be disputed).

The French newspaper put it to Sissoko that he and Pochettino haven’t exactly hit it off, to which the midfielder replied: “I wish there was better communication.”

On being banished to the stands at the end of November, Sissoko said: “I won’t dwell on it but it wasn’t because of my performance on the pitch. There was a misunderstanding between us, it was settled.”

Sissoko excepts that he can’t continue to rely on being Didier Deschamps’ favourite, and his place in the France squad will come under threat if he has another season like the one
Screen-Shot-2017-05-30-at-07.51.37-261x300.png
just gone.

Directly on leaving Tottenham this summer, Sissoko said: “One is never sure of anything. Again, what I want most is to be clear. If the coach can’t count on me, if he thinks the players who are there are better, well, let him say so. The idea is for it to be fixed early, to allow my agent to work well if I need to leave.”

It very much sounds like a Tottenham exit is on Sissoko’s agenda.

The French newspaper put it to Sissoko that he and Pochettino haven’t exactly hit it off, to which the midfielder replied: “I wish there was better communication.”

On being banished to the stands at the end of November, Sissoko said: “I won’t dwell on it but it wasn’t because of my performance on the pitch. There was a misunderstanding between us, it was settled.”

Sissoko excepts that he can’t continue to rely on being Didier Deschamps’ favourite, and his place in the France squad will come under threat if he has another season like the one
just gone.

Directly on leaving Tottenham this summer, Sissoko said: “One is never sure of anything. Again, what I want most is to be clear. If the coach can’t count on me, if he thinks the players who are there are better, well, let him say so. The idea is for it to be fixed early, to allow my agent to work well if I need to leave.”

This part jumped out.... I know both made comments about needing to improve at some point and I remember his dumb red card but that's not specifically what's being referred to is it?

On general tone, hard to conclude he gives a fuck. All sounds self centred and very much like "well if they don't value me ill find someone that does"...

Sissoko says that last year was his worst ever

You don't say? He also claims that he is frustrated because Poch doesn't communicate well and he doesn't know where he stands in regard to the team.

I find it very difficult to believe that Poch isn't being very clear with what his expectations for him are.

Translates maybe to "I cant/won't respond to instruction" a la Andros?

This part jumped out.... I know both made comments about needing to improve at some point and I remember his dumb red card but that's not specifically what's being referred to is it?

On general tone, hard to conclude he gives a fuck. All sounds self centred and very much like "well if they don't value me ill find someone that does"...
Just think it was about what was expected of him. I'm more relaxed. It took 2 years for Eriksen to understand what Poch wanted. Don't want to sound like I'm defending Sissoko, I genuinely couldn't give a shit if he stayed or went, but for me every-time I see him play he looks like he is playing with Poch's voice in his head, it's not 2nd nature. Reminds me of when people take their first few driving lessons, having to think about literally everything you do, speed, mirror, signal, manoeuvre. Nothing is natural and second nature, everything is considered and it then looks strange.

I actually think he makes our bench strong. I like what he does when he comes on in the 80th min, he usually carries the ball up field, he's an out ball, enables us to keep the ball higher up the pitch and stops us sitting nervously parked onto the edge of our box. Think he puts in reasonable defensive displays too. When you bring on a French international off the bench in 80th min = strong bench.

Just think it was about what was expected of him. I'm more relaxed. It took 2 years for Eriksen to understand what Poch wanted. Don't want to sound like I'm defending Sissoko, I genuinely couldn't give a shit if he stayed or went, but for me every-time I see him play he looks like he is playing with Poch's voice in his head, it's not 2nd nature. Reminds me of when people take their first few driving lessons, having to think about literally everything you do, speed, mirror, signal, manoeuvre. Nothing is natural and second nature, everything is considered and it then looks strange.

I actually think he makes our bench strong. I like what he does when he comes on in the 80th min, he usually carries the ball up field, he's an out ball, enables us to keep the ball higher up the pitch and stops us sitting nervously parked onto the edge of our box. Think he puts in reasonable defensive displays too. When you bring on a French international off the bench in 80th min = strong bench.

I shan't concur to his international status being relevant in this situation... Especially seeing as even he admits to being a bit of a favourite of the manager. (The same Newcastle appearances that made us despair at his signing and pricetag earned him a spot in a team of blossoming French superstars on merit? Wdf?)

I get what you say about his demeanour; but compare body language and comments made to CE or currently VJ...

MS, show me a sign that you wants this... Any sign!

Don't think in any statement I've heard him use the word 'work'....

Winks had already proven to be able to do what he does in games against top teams.... Such cameos from MS do not warrant £80kpw on the wage bill.

People panic about disrupting squad harmony by giving KW a pay rise? ...Like Ade before him, this guy is fast becoming the proverbial elephant in the room on that front.

I shan't concur to his international status being relevant in this situation... Especially seeing as even he admits to being a bit of a favourite of the manager. (The same Newcastle appearances that made us despair at his signing and pricetag earned him a spot in a team of blossoming French superstars on merit? Wdf?)

I get what you say about his demeanour; but compare body language and comments made to CE or currently VJ...

MS, show me a sign that you wants this... Any sign!

Don't think in any statement I've heard him use the word 'work'....

Winks had already proven to be able to do what he does in games against top teams.... Such cameos from MS do not warrant £80kpw on the wage bill.

People panic about disrupting squad harmony by giving KW a pay rise? ...Like Ade before him, this guy is fast becoming the proverbial elephant in the room on that front.
I agree. But I'm not hanging on words and quotes in press, especially those spoken in French, in a French paper. A lot can get lost in translation. Apply the same thoughts with English players in English press (many reports linking Rose away as a direct result of his interview on the radio on Friday WTF!!).

As I say, I really don't give a fuck about the guy, which speaks volumes in it's self.

Seems a bit defensive.
Agree. For me the bit he said that stood out was:
"if he thinks the players who are there are better" These are the words of someone who knows the games is up. That he thinks he is better than those who play in front of him and can't seem to accept this.

A lot can get lost in translation but as Airfixx Airfixx alluded to above he needs acknowledge he isn't as good and needs to improve.

just gone.

Just based upon what we see and hear, I think that it would be pretty clear that if you are valued at the club and Poch holds you in high regard, you know it. He has specifically stated a number of times that they have key players and that they have a plan for them. By process of elimination, it would seem that he doesn't have a future.

If he wants to leave, he needs to get his agent working now. The only way he will leave easily is for the right offer to come through for Levy to greenlight it.

Levy (Me) to Mike Ashley: "You can have him back... Keep the 6 million... Quits yeh?"

He wants to stay in the UK... Newcastle provided the stage for him to get to the Euro's. What's not to like...

The mug's angling for Monaco & PSG, FFS! Deluded.... We need rid.

Poch has used him more than Onomah and Wimmer so all this confuses me somewhat. I cant believe he doesnt know what he is supposed to be doing out there, but I will concede he has been played out of position every single time he's played.
Cant be easy, but you knuckle down at this club, or the door is always open for you to leave

Last edited:
Won't lose any sleep over this one. I'd love nothing more than to flog him back to the barcodes after their fans delight at palming him off on us.

He's not been as awful as I thought he would be, but I don't think he is worth £30 million, over however many years it was agreed we would pay them. If we can free up £24 million or so & £80,000 a week, I'd be ok with that.

:dembelelol:

I honestly think that if you or I suited up and took to the field with Spurs we'd show a better performance than what Sissoko has given us.

I just still don't understand what he does.

Back
Top Bottom