Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't go so far as to say he is lazy but certainly appears to lack confidence. One would expect more from a 30m rate player (although the value is not his fault). It's reported we never paid this anyway so I feel he may be moved on for some profit and that money freed up for other player. Wouldn't put it past Levy have said "look take the lad, give him a run as it was a blinding deal, i'll then flip him in the summer and give you cash for hookers or a replacement – your call".

If we bring in £20m and don't have to pay a sell-on fee then £14m profit is excellent and can be used well.

You wait, we will keep him, Poch and team will work their magic and i'll be buying a shirt with his name on the back praising the shrewd business... I'm a twat like that, ask my friends... oh wait....

If we bring in £20m and don't have to pay a sell-on fee then £14m profit is excellent and can be used well.
No, if we sell him for £20m we have to give that and £4m more to Newcastle. We'll be £10m out of pocket.

We are paying £30m over 5 years, hence the "We only paid £6m" line, which of course means "only paid £6m so far".

If you buy a car with an interest free loan for £30,000, pay back £6,000 over the first year then sell the car for £20,000, you don't get to pocket that, the outstanding sum still has to be repaid.

Or do people think that in effect we're renting a player valued at £30m for £6m a year, when they had firm offers at or near the whole sum from other clubs?

I'm going to try putting this into practice, sell my house but not repay the mortgage. I wonder if my bank will be as understanding as people think Newcastle are

No, if we sell him for £20m we have to give that and £4m more to Newcastle. We'll be £10m out of pocket.

We are paying £30m over 5 years, hence the "We only paid £6m" line, which of course means "only paid £6m so far".

If you buy a car with an interest free loan for £30,000, pay back £6,000 over the first year then sell the car for £20,000, you don't get to pocket that, the outstanding sum still has to be repaid.

Or do people think that in effect we're renting a player valued at £30m for £6m a year, when they had firm offers at or near the whole sum from other clubs?

I'm going to try putting this into practice, sell my house but not repay the mortgage. I wonder if my bank will be as understanding as people think Newcastle are

Yes sorry must have appeared like a loon for a minute and reading that back I can see why. I don't need a lesson in maths and I sure as hell don't think we paid anywhere near the 30m reported. Let's not forget money was due on Andros, they had just been relegated and levy and Ashley are old friends... none of that adds up to 30m, if he goes I don't see us making a loss on him, that's not our style.

Re: fee.... What's done is done, but his mere presence is a detriment to our squad depth and a tragic drain on our wage bill.

All this talk of pressure, confidence etc, yet no discernable signs of graft?

Winks, GKN, Onomah and Lesniak have all put him to shame this year...

Just feels to me like we bought a lackadaisical player that doesn't know what it means to dig in, raise their game etc.

Oh fuck off you boring gooner maggot. Don't ever post here again

It's not his fault that we payed too much for him. He's an ok squad player, but not A-team material imo.

Dunno Mr T ain't getting any younger
i_ain__t_gettin___on_no_plane_by_crashtefano-d356ogn.jpg

Something tells me Sissoko will definitely be getting on a plane by September 1st.
:pochserious:

Didn't look too bad today, grabbed an assist.

Annoyingly he looked improved enough to make me feel a bit sad if he leaves in the summer, almost like he's on the precipice of coming good. That's sentimentality for you.

Didn't look too bad today, grabbed an assist.

Annoyingly he looked improved enough to make me feel a bit sad if he leaves in the summer, almost like he's on the precipice of coming good. That's sentimentality for you.
You're an old softy CJJ. Always fighting the underdog's corner - fair play.

€25m - I'd bite their hand off for that. The £30m is sunk cost - forget about that investment; it's gone.
In our balance sheet we devalue the cost of transfer fees over the period. Therefore 30m over 5 years is 6m a year making him worth 24m now. Therefore sell for 25m is 1m profit as far as Levy and the board look at it. there has to be a value to his year here above his earnings as I cannot recall him losing any of our points although I also cannot recall him helping winning points.
I have no problem with him staying as there are signs he could improve but agree if offered 25m then we accept.

If there is a big offer on the cards, I will be in favour of it. However, I wouldn't shed any tears if he stayed put to try to improve on his performances this season.

Shouldn't be an impossible task that..

Back
Top Bottom