Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still can't figure out how he was anywhere near the French squad. When you think in the past of some of the players who haven't made it. The mind boggles.

Whichever way you look at it, he was immense for them in the Euros, so bit of a moot point really.

He was hardly cack for Newcastle, either.

Whichever way you look at it, he was immense for them in the Euros, so bit of a moot point really.

He was hardly cack for Newcastle, either.
Well yeah, but France weren't fantastic and it probably wasn't hard to stand out in that Newcastle team. I expected him to be picking up the ball and just smashing through people when we're on a counter attack on occasion and making runs forward to free up space for our other players. How much of we seen of that? I know what you mean though to a degree.

Well yeah, but France weren't fantastic and it probably wasn't hard to stand out in that Newcastle team. I expected him to be picking up the ball and just smashing through people when we're on a counter attack on occasion and making runs forward to free up space for our other players. How much of we seen of that? I know what you mean though to a degree.

They got to the final and only lost by 1 goal in extra time, so they can't have been that bad.

Problem is, he's never really been in our team - he comes on, and drifts in and out. I think he's started 7 PL games, only one of which has been in 2017.

Look at Janssen - he only started to look confidence and effective when he got a decent run in the team. Same as Soldado, you can't look good or pick up form when you play the last 5-10 mins of occasional games.

I can't say I really followed him much, but was he always so utterly fucking useless at controlling a football?

Ignoring the cack music, this was last season:

He's always looked a little clumsy/heavy footed with the ball at his feet, but can pick a pass, tackle and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone knock him over - he just ploughs through players.

I think we play too technically to suit him - he's not a "tippy tappy" kind of player.

They got to the final and only lost by 1 goal in extra time, so they can't have been that bad.

Problem is, he's never really been in our team - he comes on, and drifts in and out. I think he's started 7 PL games, only one of which has been in 2017.

Look at Janssen - he only started to look confidence and effective when he got a decent run in the team. Same as Soldado, you can't look good or pick up form when you play the last 5-10 mins of occasional games.
Portugal won it and I didn't think they were that great in all honesty.

I get your point, but the difference is Sissoko has experience in the Prem and he's an older, more seasoned player generally. It's mostly the price tag I think, and not for me especially, but more as an albatross around his neck perhaps. I want him to succeed obviously, I'm also not one of those scapegoating type fans either generally. You must admit though, he's been pretty useless so far. Most the time he's a waste of a selection. If Lamela was fit and we'd had more options out wide this season I'm not sure he'd be getting many games at all, but by the same token, he doesn't seem very well suited out there in the first place.

I absolutely can expect that of them. If a player can't deliver from the bench then he hasn't done enough to warrant a start, injuries notwithstanding.

He's always looked a little clumsy/heavy footed with the ball at his feet, but can pick a pass, tackle and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone knock him over - he just ploughs through players.

I think we play too technically to suit him - he's not a "tippy tappy" kind of player.

This is true too though, but in that sense how is he ever going to work?

I don't know who that is, because I've never seen him play for Spurs before. I think Newcastle sold us a fake Sissoko.

I absolutely can expect that of them. If a player can't deliver from the bench then he hasn't done enough to warrant a start, injuries notwithstanding.

You can't expect him to do something in 10 mins when the game has already petered out. Kane couldn't do it when he started off - he only started scoring when he had starts.

Fact remains, though (see below)....

This is true too though, but in that sense how is he ever going to work?

He won't. We bought the wrong player for our system. We bought a bull for a horse race.

You can't expect him to do something in 10 mins when the game has already petered out. Kane couldn't do it when he started off - he only started scoring when he had starts.

Fact remains, though (see below)....

He won't. We bought the wrong player for our system. We bought a bull for a horse race.
You're right and you're wrong. I'm not sure what point you're making really, it's almost like you want the guy to have a brain transplant then or something. If he's not going to work, why on earth do you think he should get more game time?

You're right and you're wrong. I'm not sure what point you're making really, it's almost like you want the guy to have a brain transplant then or something. If he's not going to work, why on earth do you think he should get more game time?

I don't think we're the right team for him, and our style of play doesn't suit him, but it's incredibly irrational to look at a player in form and confidence, then look at one that gets dragged on for the last few minutes and say "Why don't they look like the same player?".

It's the same situation as we had with Soldado or Janssen - players don't come on at 83mins into a game and put in brilliant performances, or score goals, in all but very rare/exceptional circumstances.

I don't think we're the right team for him, and our style of play doesn't suit him, but it's incredibly irrational to look at a player in form and confidence, then look at one that gets dragged on for the last few minutes and say "Why don't they look like the same player?".

It's the same situation as we had with Soldado or Janssen - players don't come on at 83mins into a game and put in brilliant performances, or score goals, in all but very rare/exceptional circumstances.
Fair comment. He does get a lot of stick, and I've jumped on the bandwagon a tad of late, out of frustration more than anything else.

Fair comment. He does get a lot of stick, and I've jumped on the bandwagon a tad of late, out of frustration more than anything else.

I can imagine he's probably more frustrated himself, as he's seen a big move go pearshaped. I'll stick behind any player as long as his attitude is right - so far, Sissoko has been good as gold, hasn't actually put a foot wrong really, so I just don't feel comfortable with criticising him for just being the wrong player for us.

I can see why people get annoyed - it's mostly due to the £30m fee. If it helps, I bought a T-Shirt from Mike Ashley (Sport Direct) that said "WOW! £18.99" on the tag, but I actually paid £2.99 for it in the clearance. I imagine Sissoko was similar, and a lot cheaper than we thought, if it ever comes out.

Is there some House DJ who just sits at home all day making terrible tracks for football clips?
This "players vids with annoying house tracks" social institution baffles me.

Yes, I absolutely can. Stop telling me that I'm not allowed to judge him on substitute appearances. If there are ten minutes left and Sissoko comes on as the only one with fresh legs, he should at least be able to control a football, ffs. And honestly, trying to draw comparisons to Kane is kind of laughable.

Is there some House DJ who just sits at home all day making terrible tracks for football clips?
This "players vids with annoying house tracks" social institution baffles me.

God knows. I can only imagine they come from some sort of 'royalty free but shit music' archive.

Back
Top Bottom