Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He covers a lot of ground, but also lacks a lot at the stuff that makes a CM good. Thought he did well at covering Serge though...

Thought he was shocking personally.

TEN touches in the first half. Embarrassing from a central midfielder quite frankly. Poor little Winks is usually the one who gets the blame despite having to do this guys job and more.

Pretty sure peoples opinions of his performance go up after every shoulder barge he does as opposed to watching him play the game.
He does his job, he's not there to move the ball on etc and of course he is limited on the ball. Just looked sharper than Fred and McTominay and I thought even though Fernandes is clearly an absolute gun he did well marshalling him at times. That tracking back to ensure the ball didn't go through to Rashford near the end there was nothing short of heroic. We wouldn't have got anything from that game today if Sissoko wasn't on the pitch.

He does his job, he's not there to move the ball on etc and of course he is limited on the ball. Just looked sharper than Fred and McTominay and I thought even though Fernandes is clearly an absolute gun he did well marshalling him at times. That tracking back to ensure the ball didn't go through to Rashford near the end there was nothing short of heroic. We wouldn't have got anything from that game today if Sissoko wasn't on the pitch.

I'd question that.

In fact, I reckon if we had Lo Celso on the pitch instead of him, we'd probably have had a better chance of picking up all 3 points.

He’s a machine I will give him that. Just unlimited energy it seems. Really needs to be out wide with the freedom to run at a defense, he’s wasted at CM.

I'd question that.

In fact, I reckon if we had Lo Celso on the pitch instead of him, we'd probably have had a better chance of picking up all 3 points.
I don't think Lo Celso alongside Winks in a midfield two works at all in all honesty, especially with the way we were looking to play today. Great player but to me he is a number 10 or the more advanced in a double pivot. And the rest of our midfield options... yeah not even a debate really.

I don't think Lo Celso alongside Winks in a midfield two works at all in all honesty, especially with the way we were looking to play today. Great player but to me he is a number 10 or the more advanced in a double pivot. And the rest of our midfield options... yeah not even a debate really.

It was good enough to beat Man City at home - it would have been enough to beat United today - at least those two in midfield have enough work rate and footballing ability between them to try and play football instead of running around, pointing and not touching the ball.

He’s a machine I will give him that. Just unlimited energy it seems. Really needs to be out wide with the freedom to run at a defense, he’s wasted at CM.
Have you watched any of the huge number of games where we tried him out wide and he was utter gash? CM is 100% his best position.

Just a very average footballer - which is progress from a few years back

Works ridiculously hard, has unbelievably good
atheltisism and I think he's a better footballer than he gets credit for. Tactically he's fantastic ...plugs gaps, tracks runners and rarely gifts the ball to the opposition. Sadly, as a teammate you'd much rather have him alongside you than Tanguy (despite the talent gap).

Think Didier Deschamps summed up Moussa pretty well back in 2018.

“Aside from that, if you are going to ask him to do what Kylian Mbappé or Kingsley Coman does, he is a completely different player.”

He added: “I like him, he is not my teacher’s pet, but I would say that Moussa is the prototype of a soldier.”

“He does not complain, whether he plays 2 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes or starts the match.

“He is very well liked by his team-mates and feared by his opponents.”

Last edited:
Works ridiculously hard, has unbelievably atheltisism and I think he's a better footballer than he gets credit for. Tactically he's fantastic ...plugs gaps, tracks runners and rarely gifts the ball to the opposition. Sadly, as a teammate you'd much rather have him alongside you than Tanguy (despite the talent gap).

Think Didier Deschamps summed up Moussa pretty well back in 2018.

“Aside from that, if you are going to ask him to do what Kylian Mbappé or Kingsley Coman does, he is a completely different player.”

He added: “I like him, he is not my teacher’s pet, but I would say that Moussa is the prototype of a soldier, he has gone from Toulouse to working under Pochettino, even if with the latter it was initially a little difficult.

“He does not complain, whether he plays 2 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes or starts the match.

“He is very well liked by his team-mates and feared by his opponents.”

Moussa together with GLC is a great combination. I would like to see Tanguy come in for Dele next time and just let him create without worrying about putting in a shift in defence

Moussa together with GLC is a great combination. I would like to see Tanguy come in for Dele next time and just let him create without worrying about putting in a shift in defence

I just can't fathom why Poch thought we needed both Gio and Tanguy? Both hugely talented number 8's ...but one clearly with far better application, work ethic and sense of duty.

With Wanyama declining, Dier declaring himself a centre half and Winks also being better suited to the #8 role, a footballing moron could see we needed a defensive midfielder ? Luckily Moussa is stepping up and learning the role.

I just can't fathom why Poch thought we needed both Gio and Tanguy? Both hugely talented number 8's ...but one clearly with far better application, work ethic and sense of duty.

With Wanyama declining, Dier declaring himself a centre half and Winks also being better suited to the #8 role, a footballing moron could see we needed a defensive midfielder ? Luckily Moussa is stepping up and learning the role.

Well he had a hard on for the shitty diamond at the time and seemed happy enough to shoehorn Winks into a DM-shaped hole (poor lad's rep with half the fanbase has been destroyed as a result).

We have a squad suited for a 433 that neither of our managers have wanted to play....

RCM: GLC (Winks) / DM ??? (Skipp) / LCM Ndombele (Sissoko)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom