Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Save the save the hair splitting, mental gymnastics for someone else fella....

Maybe have a PM-based circle-jerk with Blakey... I doubt many others are convinced.

Just calling it from the evidence of my eyes. I'm not trying to convince anyone.

You have your view, I have mine. They're different.

Harry Kane wasn't the reason we couldn't play out of our half for the first 40 minutes.

Why’s that?

Surely Lucas would have been more mobile up front and created more options for us to get at that them rather than an unfit Harry

All irrelevant really as I honestly don’t think that referee would have allowed us to win

All settled before the kick off imv

But hey it was all Sissoko’s fault!!

Just look at the clip posted earlier in the thread (I have several times). He's not looking at a team mate or shouting at them. Just pointing randomly into the air. When the ball hits his chest/side he then lowers his raised arm and the ball slides down it.

It's not communication - just random pointing (he wasn't directing Trippier). Such 'communication' is useless as it isn't directed at a teammate or specifically points out a opposition member to pick up. It's just 'someone else pick him up', which is useless.

I'm not blaming Sissoko for the defeat (he had an OK game) and has been outstanding this season. But waving your arm about in your own area is asking for trouble.

Contrast how Alderweireld and Vertonghen deal with it by putting their arms behind their back.

But it still wasn’t a penalty

I don't think we can really complain tbh. It kinda similar to Llorente's goal against City that hit 2 body parts before going in. Ref didn't get the angle showing it hit Llorente's arm so goal was given. Unfortunately the replay shows it hit Sissoko's arm after his chest so no way were they gonna reverse the call.

The FA - they don't have rules re hand ball - they have laws. The current (outgoing)law states that hand ball is a deliberate act of hand to ball. This law ( due to controversy) has now been revised so-as-to take the situation of the striking of ball to hand irrespective of it being a deliberate act or not in to account; so-as to say that deliberate or not - it's handball.
I tend to agree with the new law of handball; the question I ask however, is, why was that law implemented on Saturday - it clearly was - yet said law is not supposed to be in place untill next season! Indeed, you need only watch Vertongen's unnatural arm/hand movement prior to Liverpool's second goal to see that the rules have changed a few months early and the players are very aware of it so why the fuck wasn't I told?

You don’t half talk some silly bollocks.

How was him pointing backwards at our goal helping any of our players in that situation?
As you know I've been a big fan of Sissoko this year and have agreed with others that you seem to have some sort of agenda against him.

But in this instance you are spot on, it's not the pointing that was necessarily wrong, it's doing it the penalty area when the opposition have the ball and the length of time he had is arm raised. It was a stupid thing to do and the Liverpool took full advantage of it.

After that he was no worse than anyone else and better than most.

The FA - they don't have rules re hand ball - they have laws. The current (outgoing)law states that hand ball is a deliberate act of hand to ball. This law ( due to controversy) has now been revised so-as-to take the situation of the striking of ball to hand irrespective of it being a deliberate act or not in to account; so-as to say that deliberate or not - it's handball.
I tend to agree with the new law of handball; the question I ask however, is, why was that law implemented on Saturday - it clearly was - yet said law is not supposed to be in place untill next season! Indeed, you need only watch Vertongen's unnatural arm/hand movement prior to Liverpool's second goal to see that the rules have changed a few months early and the players are very aware of it so why the fuck wasn't I told?

FA and UEFA have differing rule books.

Just look at the clip posted earlier in the thread (I have several times). He's not looking at a team mate or shouting at them. Just pointing randomly into the air. When the ball hits his chest/side he then lowers his raised arm and the ball slides down it.

It's not communication - just random pointing (he wasn't directing Trippier). Such 'communication' is useless as it isn't directed at a teammate or specifically points out a opposition member to pick up. It's just 'someone else pick him up', which is useless.

I'm not blaming Sissoko for the defeat (he had an OK game) and has been outstanding this season. But waving your arm about in your own area is asking for trouble.

Contrast how Alderweireld and Vertonghen deal with it by putting their arms behind their back.

Annoying thing is that Origi's goal was scored because of Alderweirld being too scared to throw himself in front of the ball to block the shot for fear of the ball hitting his arm and conceding a penalty. Instead he stood rooted to the spot with his hands held behind his back which allowed Origi to bend it round him. Im not criticising him for that by any means - it's all you can do these days with the ridiculous way the handball rule is now being interpreted.

In terms of the Sissoko incident I don't even think he realises he's doing it. He does point around when defending like that but it's so early in the game he's probably not had the time to process the fact that he's in the box and that sticking his arm put like that was asking for trouble.

FA and UEFA have differing rule books.

Stop being so frigging pedantic.

The footballing bodies are the footballing bodies; be it FA, UEFA, or FIFA. If they all have different laws or rules we might as well call it a day!

Stop being so frigging pedantic.

The footballing bodies are the footballing bodies; be it FA, UEFA, or FIFA. If they all have different laws or rules we might as well call it a day!

I'm not being pedantic, darling.

It's a genuine answer to the question why rules that come into the EPL next year are are already being deployed in the CL.

We had this debate after the penalty against us at home to City.

No blame on Sissoko, he was obviously trying to marshall the troops ffs.
This is the typically cunty type of thing that happens to us though, firstly that the sly cunt mane managed to kick it towards his arm, and secondly that the shitcunt of a ref fails to see it hit Sissoko's chest first. Later on Son chested a ball down and he fucking gave that as a handball too, cunt.
So many real pens we been denied this season, whilst dippers have had millions of soft / bullshit ones awarded. Ridiculous really.
Never a pen and 100% we wouldn't have got it if roles reversed.

Sissoko has been immense this season, doesn't deserve that misfortune.

I'm not being pedantic, darling.

It's a genuine answer to the question why rules that come into the EPL next year are are already being deployed in the CL.

We had this debate after the penalty against us at home to City.

Well a rematch is called for if this is true; blatant piss taking by the EU crowd once again!

Never mind brexit let’s go to WAR ! 🔫

Why’s that?

Surely Lucas would have been more mobile up front and created more options for us to get at that them rather than an unfit Harry

All irrelevant really as I honestly don’t think that referee would have allowed us to win

All settled before the kick off imv

But hey it was all Sissoko’s fault!!

Have a little watch of this Baz, it sheds a little light on why I said his performance was poor (and why generally he is a poor midfielder).

As I said previously, he spent the first half our shitting himself and bunting the ball backwards. Then you have his lack of intelligent movement (as highlighted above).

Not defending him because he's a French player but he's a big reason we were in the final in the first place. Beside, if Sissoko's handball is real then Barca should have had a penalthy in their first leg against Liverpool as well. I guess the luck we had against City with Llorente's goal forsook us that night. We can't have all 50/50 decisions in our favor. C'est la vie. Roll on next season

Have a little watch of this Baz, it sheds a little light on why I said his performance was poor (and why generally he is a poor midfielder).

As I said previously, he spent the first half our shitting himself and bunting the ball backwards. Then you have his lack of intelligent movement (as highlighted above).

It wouldn’t download mate

But I would imagine that you’ve probably highlighted one mistake he’s made to suit your agenda which I still find strange

So you would be pleased if he left this Summer?

Back
Top Bottom