Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wouldn’t download mate

But I would imagine that you’ve probably highlighted one mistake he’s made to suit your agenda which I still find strange

So you would be pleased if he left this Summer?

Managed to download it eventually!

I would be interested in Sammyspurs or Guido ‘s opinions but that clip doesn’t support your point on Sissoko at all

I thought it was an extremely poor analysis with equally poor spelling ‘dubl’ etc

It certainly doesn’t alter my view that the best team lost although we didn’t play well and the Dippers had the assistance of either an incompetent or corrupt referee

It was a disgrace

I would be interested in Sammyspurs or Guido ‘s opinions but that clip doesn’t support your point on Sissoko at all

I thought it was an extremely poor analysis with equally poor spelling ‘dubl’ etc

It certainly doesn’t alter my view that the best team lost although we didn’t play well and the Dippers had the assistance of either an incompetent or corrupt referee

It was a disgrace
Tbf mate, it's hard to deny that the video does to some degree at least show the clear limitations Sissoko has in the role he's being asked to play. Him receiving the ball from deep in a double pivot, beating a press and linking up play a la Dembélé is just something that is completely alien to him, and to suggest it doesn't significantly stifle our attacking play, especially when teams sit back as Liverpool did, is ignoring the facts for the sake of it.

My opinion of the guy has drastically changed this season and I think he certainly has a part to play in the squad going forward, but it should not be as a starting midfielder with so much responsibility.

Fair enough and I’ve never said that he’s an attacking creative midfielder but he does have other qualities which aren’t appreciated by some

It was a disgrace

It highlighted some of the reasons we struggled, in the first half to break their press and second half to beat their deep block, and one of the things it highlighted was Sissoko's poor and unintelligent movement. That is not me, that is someone with no skin in the game.

Just look at these pass maps from the second half. Sissoko completed 9 fucking passes, and this was against a team conceding all possession to us, he was fucking useless:

His contribution as one of a double pivot Cm2 was fucking pitiful. Woeful. 9 fucking passes (in 30 second half minutes) and 5 of them went backwards.

Now tell me he was "as good as anyone". Bollocks mate. That's pure agenda driven nonsense. You and the rest of his fan boys are completely incapable of being objective or honest about him.

Last edited:
I don't know why we can't just say that Sissoko had a great season, that he literally held together our midfield on his own at certain points of the year, and we certainly would not have finished in the top-4 or gotten to the CL Final without his contributions...

...and ideally, he's a very good depth/rotation/tactical choice and should not be starting on a regular basis.

It highlighted some of the reasons we struggled, in the first half to break their press and second half to beat their deep block, and one of the things it highlighted was Sissoko's poor and unintelligent movement. That is not me, that is someone with no skin in the game.

Just look at these pass maps from the second half. Sissoko completed 9 fucking passes, and this was against a team conceding all possession to us, he was fucking useless:

His contribution as one of a double pivot Cm2 was fucking pitiful. Woeful. 9 fucking passes (in 30 second half minutes) and 5 of them went backwards. And he was on the pitch 8 minutes more than Winks FFS.

Now compare that with Winks for example:

Now tell me he was "as good as anyone". Bollocks mate. That's pure agenda driven nonsense. You and the rest of his fan boys are completely incapable of being objective or honest about him.

Your delusion extends as far as how others perceive him.

You simply cannot get your head around people appreciating his contribution for what it is because all you understand is stats, pretty patterns and floury bullshit like 'expected pressure events that potentially lead to a goal in a universe beyond our own somewhere'.

Majority of fans and our ex-players disagree with you.

'Blakey knows best'.... Yaaaaaaawn.

I don't know why we can't just say that Sissoko had a great season, that he literally held together our midfield on his own at certain points of the year, and we certainly would not have finished in the top-4 or gotten to the CL Final without his contributions...

...and ideally, he's a very good depth/rotation/tactical choice and should not be starting on a regular basis.

Cos it'll tear his entirely reality to shreds..... His internet 'expert' persona will be in tatters and he'd be left questioning his entire football belief system.

In short; EGO won't let him.

Cos it'll tear his entirely reality to shreds..... His internet 'expert' persona will be in tatters and he'd be left questioning his entire football belief system.

In short; EGO won't let him.
Well it makes the thread fucking boring. I think we all know where Sissoko fits ideally. It's okay to say he was an important contributor and will continue to be a very good rotation player but is clearly limited in many ways (shooting!). I mean look at this shit - no wonder we want Ndombele.

Well it makes the thread fucking boring. I think we all know where Sissoko fits ideally. It's okay to say he was an important contributor and will continue to be a very good rotation player but is clearly limited in many ways (shooting!). I mean look at this shit - no wonder we want Ndombele.

Indeed, Cunt wants to hide behind the fallacy that everyone else thinks Sissoko is the ultimate player that cannot be topped.

His contribution as one of a double pivot Cm2 was fucking pitiful. Woeful. 9 fucking passes (in 30 second half minutes) and 5 of them went backwards. And he was on the pitch 8 minutes more than Winks FFS.

Now compare that with Winks for example:

So you’re honest and objective then?

Righto

Ze General

JS87566736.jpg

moussa-sissoko.jpg

Your delusion extends as far as how others perceive him.

You simply cannot get your head around people appreciating his contribution for what it is because all you understand is stats, pretty patterns and floury bullshit like 'expected pressure events that potentially lead to a goal in a universe beyond our own somewhere'.

Majority of fans and our ex-players disagree with you.

'Blakey knows best'.... Yaaaaaaawn.

People aren't appreciating his contribution for what it is, that's the fucking point you twat. They are calling it "outstanding" saying he's our "best player" every fucking game, just look up some of the last few fucking posts "he's saved or fuckin g season and got us to the Cl single handed". Some twit in the formation for Liverpool thread said (and I fucking shit you not):

If there was one player in world football who was perfect at breaking the lines out of a high press it's Moussa Sissoko.

Footballing analytical geniuses Graham Roberts and Micky Hazard give him POTY (an award he couldn't get from the fans despite the whole team having a stinker and everyone hating Eriksen because he wants out) - that's all you got ? Those pair of fuckwits can't even get a gig on fucking telly.

And I'm the one struggling with reality?

People aren't appreciating his contribution for what it is, that's the fucking point you twat. They are calling it "outstanding" saying he's our "best player" every fucking game, just look up some of the last few fucking posts "he's saved or fuckin g season and got us to the Cl single handed". Some twit in the formation for Liverpool thread said (and I fucking shit you not):

Footballing analytical geniuses Graham Roberts and Micky Hazard give him POTY (an award he couldn't get from the fans despite the whole team having a stinker and everyone hating Eriksen because he wants out) - that's all you got ? Those pair of fuckwits can't even get a gig on fucking telly.

So your vindication to an entire season's pissing, moaning and fabrication about mythical opinions of MS is one fucking post froma less than prolific poster is it? ...What about all the accusations directed at myself or anyone else who was prepared to stick up for him? ....How about you quote ME (or someone else who frequently challenged you) saying he was the greatest MF on earther and that he couldn't possibly be upgraded? ...Without abusing the context of a few tongue in cheak comments posted to wind you up, you can't... Why? ...Cos the comments don't exist, that's why!

....Absolutely pathetic effort on your part.

This has nothing to do with Eriksen either, you fraud.

Last last part where you shit on the rest of the fan base and actual former players... What are YOUR credentials exactly, you conceited, pompous knob-end?????

So your vindication to an entire season's pissing, moaning and fabrication about mythical opinions of MS is one fucking post froma less than prolific poster is it? ...What about all the accusations directed at myself or anyone else who was prepared to stick up for him? ....How about you quote ME (or someone else who frequently challenged you) saying he was the greatest MF on earther and that he couldn't possibly be upgraded? ...Without abusing the context of a few tongue in cheak comments posted to wind you up, you can't... Why? ...Cos the comments don't exist, that's why!

....Absolutely pathetic effort on your part.

This has nothing to do with Eriksen either, you fraud.

Last last part where you shit on the rest of the fan base and actual former players... What are YOUR credentials exactly, you conceited, pompous knob-end?????

So let me get this straight. You say I’m making it up that every matchday, and in this thread and in various other parts of this forum, there are numerous people, some drastically, over hyping and exaggerating the worth, quality, value and performances just about every time he plays?

I’ve quoted people in this thread and argued specifics of what they said. Feel free to trawl through and look.

As for my credentials? Credentials for what, being a cunt on the internet debating stuff with other cunts in the internet?

Same credentials as you I guess? Though maybe your more qualified?

Shut up you nonce. Graham Roberts won two FA Cups and a UEFA Cup for us, whilst Hazard set up both goals in the UEFA cup final. Who says they even want to be on tele ? Show some respect.

Similarly, Sissoko has played in a EURO final for France and was one of our best payers in reaching this years Champions League final. Can't be a mug.

Jog on fella.

Back
Top Bottom