Moussa DEMBÉLÉ (DEMBÉLINHO)?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I understand, every loan is different; each is a negotiated contract, which is why we typically never know if a player can be recalled or not (there are reasons to have no recall clauses--the receiving club might be willing to cover more of the wages if they knew they were getting the player for the year, etc.).

So these kinds of escalator (or descalator) clauses might be completely normal and expected.

Had this discussion elsewhere.

Basically, if Fulham want Dembele back on a standard 6-month loan, a recall is a no go as it is not allowed under League rules.

However, even though Dembele is a contract player, because he is under 20 he could be loaned to Fulham as a youth player. If that was the case, a recall clause can be negotiated.

However, even if he is on a youth loan, and even if Fulham agree to the insertion of a recall clause, under League rules it cannot be triggered with the first 28 days of the loan. That's not the end of the world, obviously, but if Kane were to get injured in that period Dembele would still be out-of-bounds for us no matter what.

Basically, given Fulham's determination to get him back on loan, I suspect a recall is highly unlikely

We've had TWO Gareth Bales and two Erik Lamela's.... same name, same person, but totally different players depending on what season you were watching!

Does that count?

A thought just hit me. If Levy is smart, he makes the deal with a loan back, but an option to "recall" as it were. A hefty, extra, price if we do it soon. Less hefty the later in the season it is. And next to nothing extra, if we do so when (if) Fulham have secured not going down. Would suit all parties, giving us a bit of insurance if Kane breaks down.

A thought just hit me. If Levy is smart, he makes the deal with a loan back, but an option to "recall" as it were. A hefty, extra, price if we do it soon. Less hefty the later in the season it is. And next to nothing extra, if we do so when (if) Fulham have secured not going down. Would suit all parties, giving us a bit of insurance if Kane breaks down.
I think that Dembele is not ready to play in place of Kane anyway. Son or Chadli up front would perform better at the moment I'd imagine.
Yes Alli came in and has made such a massive impact, but strikers tend to take a bit longer. Also Fulham has been adamant, according to reports, about keeping Dembele until the end of the season and have been really digging their heels in.

Back
Top Bottom