Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Dembele still playing through pain, or has he sorted out these issues?
I'm worried that it won't be an optimal use of wages if he can't play consecutive games again for us going forward. Otherwise, glad to have him onboard as long as he performs well. Is a great squad member and teammate to others.

Parts of that video towards the end where it's as if it looks like he's in pain when passing the ball - but what a solid performance from him. Said it in the OMT but probably his best all round performance in about 2 years when he was dominating every game in 2015/2016.

Been to the game against Everton and I'm honestly shocked about the kind of impact that Dembele made on the team. Really hope that he will find some strength to stay fit the next two seasons. I knew he was good but he looked out of this world in the game.

He was sublime, a pleasure to watch and made me smile with his swift often subtle moves. The way he glided with the ball, took it on one foot and passed with the other, along with quick step overs almost missed they were so quick was unreal.

Sure Sonny had a banging game, as did others but Dembele was MOTM for me.

He always looked very good on TV but in real life you see how important the man is. Still think we would have won the Premier League in 2015/2016 over Leicester if he was fit for the whole season. Also miss the Lamela from that year..

I think his last game shows just how ridiculous it is that people think replacing him is a priority this January
But its not ridiculous that despite the recent performances of son/eriksen/alli you would rather us sign an AM/winger, having also said that once toby is back we will go to a back 3 and son will be out the team. Dembele doesn't have it in him to play twice a week til the end of the season and is not getting any younger, nobodies disputing dembeles ability but just accepting performances like on the weekend will not be as frequent as they were and a "long term" replacement is needed.

I think his last game shows just how ridiculous it is that people think replacing him is a priority this January
He played against a terrible team and cannot play every week due to fitness concerns - Poch has admitted as much. Unless you think he'll only improve physically now that's he's close to 31

Well, according to Sammy he's in his prime and can be our starting CM for the next decade - not reason to upgrade at all
When he is fully fit he should definitely start. But no shame in looking towards the future. Think of it like knowing that your car is past its best by date and spending more and more time in the shop. Makes sense to look at new ones

We need him to be at the same majestic level at the weekend against Liverpool.

He was great against Everton when we thought he was back to his best only to follow that up with a terrible performance against Southampton and then today he was excellent again.

Back
Top Bottom