Most disrespected player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Early Lennon reminded me a little of early Townsend with that initial spurt then the one dimensionality of his game being glaring.
Think on FIFA10 he becomes one of the best players in the game...

I would love to have lived in that timeline. Imagine him scoring the winner in the CL final and bringing the Ballon d'Or to Spurs. All with his slashed eyebrows.

Remember Paul Robinson getting lots of disrespect for a time. Could never understand it. Fantastic keeper who was regularly keeping us in games.

Compare with Gomes who followed, a complete clown for the most part yet everyone's favourite. Odd.

Robbo didn't get disrespect, he was a favourite first few seasons, then the England thing happened and didn't he get a head injury?

His game went to shit after that and he couldn't save long shots. There was one against Bolton at the Lane, I think it was Campo who hit a daisy cutter from about 35 yards, it seemed to go in slow motion and even a Sunday park keeper would have got down and saved it. Pretty shocked when that went in and by then fans were feeling sorry for him and he needed moving on.

Still loved by fans for his passion he has for the club (euro singalong etc).

Robbo didn't get disrespect, he was a favourite first few seasons, then the England thing happened and didn't he get a head injury?

His game went to shit after that and he couldn't save long shots. There was one against Bolton at the Lane, I think it was Campo who hit a daisy cutter from about 35 yards, it seemed to go in slow motion and even a Sunday park keeper would have got down and saved it. Pretty shocked when that went in and by then fans were feeling sorry for him and he needed moving on.

Stubby with the flailing arms.

Would Hart have saved it?

Lennon was synonymous with the sound of the seats hitting the back of the row as everyone in the stadium stood up when he got the ball on the wing. He was class for us for years even if he wasn't elite. As a kid going to spurs he was the most exciting player to watch

That winner at home on November 5th 2006 agaisnt the chavs is still in my top 5 spurs moments
I always though Aaron gave us a balance to the team, even if he wasn't particularly effective. I really like him.

Think there’s some confusion between legend and cult hero. Probably not surprising as the word legend is tossed around far too much today. Greaves, Blanchflower, Hoddle, Kane - these guys are clearly legends on the basis of complete class. Deserve statues and stands named after them. Cult heroes are more your Lamela type, who fans appreciate for passion, commitment, quirks, uniqueness, whatever. Lamela will always be Tottenham. He’s committed and hard working, knows what he’s good at and works well for what Mou needs from him right now.
Can't believe you didn't include :perryman:

😱

8 pages and no mention of Michael Dawson.
He was bench marked against Ledley King most of the time which was rather unfair.

A beast in the air and man marked players quite well.
He got a lot of shit, but he played in the Jol/Ramos/Redknapp era if my memory serves me correctly so of course we were going to ship a few goals.

loved him.

He was bench marked against Ledley King most of the time which was rather unfair.

He got a lot of shit, but he played in the Jol/Ramos/Redknapp era if my memory serves me correctly so of course we were going to ship a few goals.

loved him.
I think Daws was and still is fairly well

loved him.
Fantastic attitude and would love him back in some capacity!

Hope you lads are joking regarding Dawson. He was horrid. Stick Neil Ruddock in here aswell. Dean Austin. We had some wank back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom