Most disrespected player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn’t say he was disrespected but he left without a lot of fanfare considering he was with us 4 years: Roman Pavlyuchenko

Wasn’t a consistent scorer but scored some important goals through the years especially on the cup competitions. Was a lazy sod though

Was coming here to say Super Pav.

Lennon was my favourite player at that time. Yes his crosses were wasteful but he scared the life out of the opposition with his speed. He did disappoint in one match when he went off injured towards the end of a match when we had used al our subs much to Redknapps annoyance. However I think most supporters appreciated him and would pick him in their first 11. Would not get in the team now which shows how far we have come.
Yeah really liked Lennon at the time too but very one dimensional. Full backs copped on exactly what he was going to do but he was a great servant to the club and he scored some good goals. He also was near top of the table for assists one season....had to fact check myself

2009/2010 Assists Table

Yeah really liked Lennon at the time too but very one dimensional. Full backs copped on exactly what he was going to do but he was a great servant to the club and he scored some good goals. He also was near top of the table for assists one season....had to fact check myself

2009/2010 Assists Table
Early Lennon reminded me a little of early Townsend with that initial spurt then the one dimensionality of his game being glaring.
Think on FIFA10 he becomes one of the best players in the game...

I wouldn’t say he was disrespected but he left without a lot of fanfare considering he was with us 4 years: Roman Pavlyuchenko

Wasn’t a consistent scorer but scored some important goals through the years especially on the cup competitions. Was a lazy sod though
Yea Pav was infuriating at times but scored some great goals for us.

Volley against Bolton, double against Birmingham and that free kick against Rubin Kazan.

He could hit a ball old Pav.

Think there’s some confusion between legend and cult hero. Probably not surprising as the word legend is tossed around far too much today. Greaves, Blanchflower, Hoddle, Kane - these guys are clearly legends on the basis of complete class. Deserve statues and stands named after them. Cult heroes are more your Lamela type, who fans appreciate for passion, commitment, quirks, uniqueness, whatever. Lamela will always be Tottenham. He’s committed and hard working, knows what he’s good at and works well for what Mou needs from him right now.

Pratt played 331 times for Spurs between 1965 & 1979 scoring 39 goals (1 every 8.5 games).

I think his problem was that fans used to compare him to midfielders that had prededed him like Dave Mackay etc which was very unfair.
Agreed. Pratt was the fall guy everytime we lost. Better player than many gave him credit for. You don't play for Nicholson over a long period of time if you are not a valued member of the squad.

The most disrespected players in the current squad are:-

Aurier - who is performing like one of the best RBs in the league offensively and defensively without fans demanding that he be given a new contract, always pointing at his mistakes from over a year ago.

Sissoko - who plays rock solid defense on the right side with Aurier and essentially plays the third CB, but who is still underappreciated by the likes of bus-conductor bus-conductor for not having silky offensive skills.

Dier - who has turned it around and is defending very well especially in the air. OK, I admit his passing is still suspect...

But the reason why we are so different from last season is mainly due to these three as well as the new boys Reg and PEH, who have created the best defensive team in the league.

Reminds me of Laurie Brown 1964 and David Jenkins 1968, both signed from Woolwich. Laurie Brown was a centre-half initially played at centre-forward by Spurs, replacing double winner Bobby Smith, who was not amused. David Jenkins came in exchange for Jimmy Robertson, a bit of a mystery why he was allowed to go. Fair to say Brown and Jenkins were not successes.
I did hear that Jimmy Robertson leaving was nothing to do with football.It was off the field activities.

The most disrespected players in the current squad are:-

Aurier - who is performing like one of the best RBs in the league offensively and defensively without fans demanding that he be given a new contract, always pointing at his mistakes from over a year ago.

Sissoko - who plays rock solid defense on the right side with Aurier and essentially plays the third CB, but who is still underappreciated by the likes of bus-conductor bus-conductor for not having silky offensive skills.

Dier - who has turned it around and is defending very well especially in the air. OK, I admit his passing is still suspect...

But the reason why we are so different from last season is mainly due to these three as well as the new boys Reg and PEH, who have created the best defensive team in the league.

No, I appreciate Sissoko proportionately with his ability and performance levels. Not just his technical inadequacy but his physical and defensive capabilities. And him trundling about blocking a gap between RB and CB while we sit in our own box for three games hasn’t altered my perspective which is based on many years watching him in France and England over a hundred and fifty plus games.

I remember Paul Stewart used to get dogs abuse, amazingly he turned it around, dropped into midfield and the crowd changed their tune.

Terry Fenwick got booed, Chris Armstrong too.

Jenas was always getting stick around me. Samways got a bit too. Jason Dozzel also.

Booing your own players is the worst of the worst to me - if we want players to do their best and help us win how does booing help them? Imagine people booing you at work.

Also never understood why players got booed but the manager who picked them never got stick? They're ultimately responsible after all, if a player's pony why pick him?

Back
Top Bottom