Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't give me that shit.

Son was just lauded for how good he was against West Ham ffs when all he done was completed 40% of his passes, was FOULED for a penalty and hit a cross at a goalkeeper which fell to Kane.
thats was a janssen shot, ohh tactical guru

Fucking dreadful bit I wasn't surprised. Especially after seeing the line up.
3/4 of our first choice back 4 were out. No wonder we looked totally and utterly disorganized at the back.

I love poch, but I still think he's trying to work out how to juggle multiple competitions. Apart from the league cup run where we mostly played shite until the final, his record is not particularly great. I honestly done know why.

And he needs to find a way to be able to play his strongest 11 2-3 times in a week. We are not good enough to be resting our best players In a competition like this.

As for the game, that was one of the first times I've seen us physically beasted since poch arrived. They were all over dembele and on the wings they just tore through us. They were a team of absolute monsters.

That said. That cunt should have walked for stamping on Kane's arse. It was right in front of the ref too.
The ref was shit tonight surprised he gave us a pen tbh, missed everything else.

So we spunk 30 million and apparently 100k a week on an utterly unbothered cunt who essentially went on strike at a relegated Newcastle and 17 million and I guess around 60k a week on Jannsen but our first choice (supposedly) Michy Batshuayi was beyond us?

How does that work?

Batshuayi was always a decoy target after the Willian fiasco. Not sure if it's the best way to buy, but with Chelsea, ManU, and City simply matching and upping every offer for anyone half-decent we want to go after, we either need to bait bigger clubs into eating their fill early so we can bargain shop the rest of the summer, or else we break out the cash and splash it like everyone else.

Without a doubt though, this summers transfer window was a failure. Losing our head talent scout was Levy's fault, and so is the rest of the transfer window.

It seriously worries me that Poch was ok with taking Sissoko on- either he has poor judgement or has zero power to stave off bullshit Levy purchases. Either option is sad to think about honestly. Theres no way Poch should have been ok with that transfer, and, with all his talk about needing "the right kind of players", I have very little doubt he had any say in the matter.

I'm too fucking afraid you're right. Hope not.

If he knows how to fix it, why hasn't he?

When Monaco scored the second it showed a picture of Poch. He was sat on the pitch and he just looked disappointed and fed up. He wasn't standing. He didn't look angry. He looked beaten and like he was use to it.

Poch usually has a small selection of players that he plays until they're fatigued.

Now he has a big squad and you're starting to see the consequences - he hasn't got a clue how to use it, because he has no experience using a squad. At Southampton and here he just depended on 11-13 players. Give him any more and his mind explodes with 10 formations and 50 different line ups.

Loyal ? In 29 years as a season ticket holder I've learned the price of loyalty, and it comes easier when players are not hiding, when they are not bottling 50/50 balls, when they give a shit and when they appreciate the sacrifice made to follow a football club. A professional sports man who can't show any fucking passion when it matters most is not deserving of loyalty. And I won't be going to Wembley as they don't deserve fans turning out for them. For me, having seen that Newcastle fuck up last season that and tonight tells me all I need to know about this mob. They don't deserve any of us being loyal. They deserve our contempt. When it matters most, is that the best they can do. Ultimately failure should not be acceptable if there is no attempt made to at least fight.

Ahhhh... but THAT'S the crux...
this is EXACTLY the moment we SHOULD show our support.... and LOYALTY!

Not desert them like rats on a sinking ship...
Which is what I suspect you're alluding to!

I'll be at the DEAD RUBBER at Wembley... 'cos I'm a fan... and 'cos it may well also be the last CL game we have for a while...

Still, see you at the new ground... when everything will be shiny new and peachy!

It seriously worries me that Poch was ok with taking Sissoko on- either he has poor judgement or has zero power to stave off bullshit Levy purchases. Either option is sad to think about honestly. Theres no way Poch should have been ok with that transfer, and, with all his talk about needing "the right kind of players", I have very little doubt he had any say in the matter.
It's said that the reason we splashed so much was because Poch wanted him. Otherwise how to you explain the un-Levy like value of the deal?

I think perhaps Poch is simply finding out the working the squad super hard in training is not all there is to playing at the highest level. *shrug*

Yeah, we smashed West Ham, we played amazing didn't we? Absolutely thrashed them, we almost scored 20 goals in that game, no? So many shots on target.

Woolwich is a Derby. The rules of form and habit go out the window.
But the games showed that our squad has huge heart. We should keep our faith with them. Not slag them off. You are by far the most negative poster on here.

This squad has real potential they have made me so proud. They have struggled in the CL but will learn.

Poch wanted us to play clever, we played stupid.

Atmosphere was bad, pitch was bad, ref was bad, we were bad, thier sporting ethics were bad, Poch was bad, tatics were bad, everyone melting on here are bad and we are out which is good.

Not enjoyed this campaign at all this season, lets put it down to experiance and be there next season. Chavs will be a Big test of balls.

If any of you seriously believed we had the squad depth and experience for a CL and league challenge you must be kidding yourselves. Did anyone think wanyama janssen sissoko and nkoudo would be enough to bolster a young inexperienced squad that was not good enough for the EL. We faltered in the league missing 2 players. Dele is a kid with one season under his belt, yet we seem to think he's the finished article. We have to rotate, simple as. We cannot compete on both fronts. We have to keep within touching distance in the league. 5th is a must. We were not expecting CL football it's a bonus. However it's a major time in our existence and we need to be there thereabouts in the league with little outlay/ wage bill. It's a project. Hopefully the kids like Kane, dele, winks, dier etc learn and grow.

...and yet with a squad containing Pav, Gallas, Hutton, we reached the fucking Quarter-final!!!

Go figure!

If he knows how to fix it, why hasn't he?

When Monaco scored the second it showed a picture of Poch. He was sat on the pitch and he just looked disappointed and fed up. He wasn't standing. He didn't look angry. He looked beaten and like he was use to it.

Poch usually has a small selection of players that he plays until they're fatigued.

Now he has a big squad and you're starting to see the consequences - he hasn't got a clue how to use it, because he has no experience using a squad. At Southampton and here he just depended on 11-13 players. Give him any more and his mind explodes with 10 formations and 50 different line ups.
You really are a simple soul

Against Chelski we can not play Dier and Wimmer as a defensive pairing if we play 2 cbs as they will eat them alive. We have 2 options:

1) if we Stick with a back 4 we play Vertonghen with Dier and just stick Trippier at Lb.

Or my preferred option

2) go 3 at the back with the Vertonghen, Wimmer and Dier and maybe try Nkodou or even Trippier as a left wing back.

Back
Top Bottom